Sponsored by:

Alignment specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Alignment specs

I realize this subject is an old one but I still have some questions that you all may be able to answer.

As usual my 05 E55 pulled slightly to the right from the factory. I asked my dealer to reset the alignment to "make it go straight". He fixed it and my car (with an increased neg camber) goes straight as an arrow. One problem though, it prematurely wore out the insides of all the tires. I also noted that the car tends to fight turns wanting to go straight ever so slightly compared to oem specs.

When aligning, if you drive exclusively in sport 1 mode (lower) do they align it for use in that mode or comfort mode?

Is there a happy medium between going straight and excessive neg camber for handling purposes. My car is going in for service and I would like to be better prepared to discuss the subject with the techs if necessary.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 AM

honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
same problem here.
i have a '05, car pulls slightly towards right. took it to dealer, they did alignment, on the work paper it says "set camber and etc".
now it's better, but still pulls a bit towards the right no matter what mode i drive in.

i'm thinking to take it back to dealer and do it again, while i am getting the recall done.

is this a common problem?
Old 06-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by toro4me
same problem here.
i have a '05, car pulls slightly towards right. took it to dealer, they did alignment, on the work paper it says "set camber and etc".
now it's better, but still pulls a bit towards the right no matter what mode i drive in.

i'm thinking to take it back to dealer and do it again, while i am getting the recall done.

is this a common problem?
OT: Is that yer ferrari in the 06 PM Girls Calender shoot with Kim? She's really hottie and a real down to earth girl too. I have the W211 in the calender...or at least that was the way my car looked back then...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 AM

honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
OT: Is that yer ferrari in the 06 PM Girls Calender shoot with Kim? She's really hottie and a real down to earth girl too. I have the W211 in the calender...or at least that was the way my car looked back then...
yes, it is.
kimloan shot with my whip.
my homie hubert's titanium 360 was on the cover, that car is now twinturbo'ed.