W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Results After Recall Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did all teh recalls 4 days ago, took out the car tonight and ripped it....car is just as fast BUT seems to have a lot less kick back when taking off

Does anyone have a solution to this Yet?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
I too have a noticeably louder s/c whine that i started to notice a few days ago...

Not too happy.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Man!!!! It really sucks that all you guys are experiecing these issues. Am I the only one whos car faster post-recall? Has anyone else done had the recall performed and had their K2 program updated? Those who have, is your car slower?

Kens - Can you post a link to the -10 degree "fan on mod"? Thanks.
I have found my car to be sisnificantly faster after MB recall bulletin and the
K2 programme update.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by vrus
I can't for the life of me figure out why my car is less responsive now when they didnt touch my ECU . . .
Are you sure . . . ?
Old 06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
This is what is so puzzling about this whole thing.. The secondary air injection pump is for emissions control. All it does is pump fresh air back into the exhaust (as far as I know) to help control emissions.

I can't for the life of me figure out why my car is less responsive now when they didn't touch my ECU and supposedly just changed a relay??????

I tried ECU reset procedure, I tried battery disconnect overnight.. Car definitely is not as responsive and "feels" slower than before.

The crappy thing is that I have to go back on Monday now to get the TB put in and supercharger clutch, but the car is not in its healthiest form.. If I pass on this install date it will be weeks before I can go back again. So... TB will have to go in, and I'll have to get them to try and reverse whatever the hell it is that is making this car feel this way.
Victor can you still read live data through the obdII port?. If you can't then they flashed your ecu.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Took my stock E out last night and no problems after the brake and air pump recalls were performed. The supercharger doesn't sound any louder either.

????????

Not enough competition for the kills section, but I did blow off 3 gangsta-rapper-wanna-be's in a mercury cougar. The guy in the passenger seat rolled down his window and looked at the V8 Kompressor badge while his buddy kept rolling forward through the crosswalk as we waited for the light to change. The amazing thing about this car is not that I won but HOW I won. The whole time I was having a conversation with my wife and I blew past these dopes without her ever knowing we were in a 'drag.' Pure effortless power. Hope you guys find out what's up soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:33 PM

2014 GL 350 on order
K2 Crowd: mine is definitely 'weird' after the injection pump/relay TSB. Went to Milan with my new drag slicks on 5-31 and the numbers sucked!! Did better with my stock tires and feathering the launch. Best ET was 12.5 with 1.9 60' and 108 trapspeed, had NO wheelspin with the ESP off! Before the TSB we trapped at 118 with a 12.3 best ET for the 1/4 mile. She also felt weaker down the line and shifts were sorta wimpy, not crisp. Im upset and will be on the phone manana to my tuner and up the chain to Cory/Brandon if need be. Man I hope we get this crap figured out, sumpin' is definitely going on with the codes. I also had the dealership do the -10C mod for the fan-HELP Joker
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
PTE & rflow306,

Are you guys telling me that MB has now decided to block live data pages with their latest update? Maybe they are re-flashing all the ECUs as they come in regardless of what the car is there for???

If so, this is complete horse-****... (excuse my language) ... this is getting ridiculous... The car has enough quirks and hassles that we already put up with and now this? Why the heck would they do that? Do they really want to scare away what few enthusiasts there are from their marque?

The guys I deal with down at the dealer know me well, and know my car well.. They know better than to do an ECU update and they swear that the ECU wasnt touched... Unless another tech did this to my car without me or them knowing about it..

I am going in the morning for the TB and related install.. I'll have the SW version checked on my ECU to find out for sure..

If this kind of stuff keeps up, I am going to dump this thing and just go back to modding Porsches.. This is getting a little too irritating now...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Brought my car into the dealer for the secondary air injection pump relay campaign letter I received in the mail. The service writer advised me that MB had posted 2 additional recall campaigns, so my dealer did all the 3 at once.

Here are the 3 current campaigns for our cars:

1. Replace secondary air injection pump relay
2. Install SBC ground wire with bracket
3. Replace voltage regulator

My car felt no different at all after I picked it up from service. I have been driving it now for over a week. My car is bone stock with the exception of the Alpine audio/video system.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PTE & rflow306,

Are you guys telling me that MB has now decided to block live data pages with their latest update? Maybe they are re-flashing all the ECUs as they come in regardless of what the car is there for???

If so, this is complete horse-****... (excuse my language) ... this is getting ridiculous... The car has enough quirks and hassles that we already put up with and now this? Why the heck would they do that? Do they really want to scare away what few enthusiasts there are from their marque?

The guys I deal with down at the dealer know me well, and know my car well.. They know better than to do an ECU update and they swear that the ECU wasnt touched... Unless another tech did this to my car without me or them knowing about it..

I am going in the morning for the TB and related install.. I'll have the SW version checked on my ECU to find out for sure..

If this kind of stuff keeps up, I am going to dump this thing and just go back to modding Porsches.. This is getting a little too irritating now...
I wholeheartedly agree with you. From the start it has been apparent that the majority of MBZ service techs absolutely hate it when we even consider getting new wheels. Maybe MBZ is actually doing something about it. I just dont see why every time I take my car into the shop it has to come out WORSE than it went in!! This is seriously getting ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
I can only imagine the conversations I'd be having with my dealer if I still had my K2 car!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
!@&#*^!@*#(&^!@*() #)!(*#_)(!@#* _)(!@&#* (&!@#)(*& !)@*(#&

Well, after dropping my car off this morning for the scheduled TB & supercharger service/install I found out that the ECU was inadvertantly re-flashed.

@!@(*#&()*&@$()*!U)_#@(&!_)@(#&*!)(@*#)_(!@&#)*(&! @

Now, they have to find a car with the previous SW revision, read it out, and reflash mine again to downgrade it to the previous version.

All you guys who are stock will have no issues with this since the programming is made for a stock car.. It's all the modified boys that are obviously going to suffer...

Also, if you guys who have dataloggers have a good relationship with your dealer you can ask them to downgrade the ECU to the previous version. Hopefully my tech can find a car in there with the older SW and read it out.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Vrus-- why not just get it reflashed with the custom Tuner Werks ecu prog you previously had?

I'm confused as to what all the fuss is about. I sent my ECU back to Kleemann and it seems to be stronger now than before.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 06-05-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM

I have to say that after my recalls were done my car feels faster. Yes Faster.

But I did have a faulty IC pump replaced. But my car is faster to me. No supercharger shutoff either.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The way it was described to me by the tuner was that they READ the current ECU program the way it is in the car right now.. They apply their custom maps ONTOP of the stock program and then they flash the whole thing back into the car.

The reason they go through this procedure is so that when MB decides to put new features into the ECU or updates the ECU microcode, their programming will always keep everything intact. It wont disturb what is there from the factory. Kleemann must keep a copy of all the customer files and that is how they are able to re-write the whole thing back into your car.

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Vrus-- why not just it reflashed with the custom Tuner Werks ecu prog you had?

I'm confused as to what all the fuss is about. I sent my ECU back to Kleemann and it seems to be stronger now than before.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Strange results?

The fuss is , over the fact that the little guys , like me also used some of those pages of live data , to help us make decisions on the next step to take when working on a issue, AE: Higher than normal Intake air Temp. (IAT). At what temp does it tell the ecu to disengage the kompressor clutch. AE: how much throttle load the ecu sees before it engages the Kompressor clutch. I used it to keep track of engine temp in traffic , at what temp the radiator suction fan was engaged . and how much it turned up.. But this is not the only thing they changed. !!!!! The area where fuel & spark alogrimetics (?) Maps. where stored. Did you happen to notice that some of the major aftermarket tuners are having to revisit some of their ecu files. Complaints like , Just had my CLS done with ABC mod and the dyno showed it was pig rich over 5000 rpm. That 5.5 mtr did not change that much. Mechanicly between 05 too 06. .. Also/ They are flying out to personly tune . this car. Maybe I'm looking between the lines a little to deep.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 PM

i see what your saying PTE. MB might have done somthing else to the ecu so that it cant be altered so easy or viewed to see whats going on.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:22 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Strange results

Their IC chip has only some much Room(real estate) for memory. That ECU IC Chip , as you know controls a lot of stuff. Trans . ESP, fuel , spark, Top speed limit , Rpm Limit . TONS of Stuff. My Guess is that they are using more memory. To control the engine emission . and ran out of room. So they went to some of the other areas and shuffled some of it around. They may have needed that live data page room???
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 PM

hmmm I see where your going with that. If thats the case then most every modded car will not need to get the update since there will be no room to even store the MODDED map. Makes perfect sense. You will have to revert back to the old map before the recall.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Mad TKD
I have to say that after my recalls were done my car feels faster. Yes Faster.

But I did have a faulty IC pump replaced. But my car is faster to me. No supercharger shutoff either.

...........I wanted to agree with you since we are in the minority. My G55 K4 definitely felt faster after the recall. I took it to the drags and easily ran a 13.1 @104mph in 95 degree weather. Although this was not my best time in the car, it came very easily with a horrible 60ft time of 2.05. More importantly my mph in that 90degree weather was the same as i had in 50 degree weather when I ran a 12.99.

.........For me I think the reason is that our cars may be running a bit lean after the ECU recall work was done. Whaetver info for extra full must have been wiped out. While this is good for power, I am not sure(deopending on how lean) that this good long term for the engine.

Ted
Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM

Ted My car is stock except for filters. I was having a shut down problem also though. My car only had a 360rwhp dyno so you can see it was really down on power. Now its totally different. I feel the car has picked up at least 40-50rwhp

I too think the K3,K4 cars are running a bit on the lean edge. All I plan on doing is a ECU and pulley. Thats it.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
This is scary...I told my dealer to do all necessary updates as well ...

Need to get Kleemann ECU...
Old 06-15-2006, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guess what...
Supercharger shut off AGAIN today. Still haven't had time to take it in I started giving it a little juice and noticed that it was realllyy sluggish. Again, after a couple of minutes of rough driving...poof! I'm driving a Pinto. I don't get it, why would they flash our ECU's to not only give less power but with something that makes the problem worse!?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:50 AM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
Guys, am i to understand that its the modded cars that are coming back slower?? My car is at MB now waiting to get its updates done! Bone stock, should i call and tell them not to touch ecu?!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not modded and my car is significantly slower/more sluggish. It just feels a lot heavier and less responsive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strange Results After Recall Updates