Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Results After Recall Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
I was due for my 20k service, so I brought it in and complained about the increased whine from what seemed to be the s/c. They said it was that the power steering fluid was low and topped it off.

Something tells me if its low at that mileage, shouldnt they have checked for leaks?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
I'm not modded and my car is significantly slower/more sluggish. It just feels a lot heavier and less responsive.

Other than the problem I noted in other threads with hitting the redline in first, I actually feel as though the car pulls harder.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enzom
Other than the problem I noted in other threads with hitting the redline in first, I actually feel as though the car pulls harder.
Thats quite strange because as I said, I'm also having the same problem as you with bouncing off the limiter but it seems that because it is doing that, I am not shifting at full power and therefore losing power. Do you feel like you're getting to the redline faster as well? For me, not only does it seem to take a lot longer to get to redline, it for some reason keeps going
Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
hey 55 klub,

just got mine back for the brake & air injection recall. rab motors here in marin did the work. all seems okay...fortunately. good wknd to all.

todd
Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Woah, scary!!

RAB in Marin ROCKS!!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Thats quite strange because as I said, I'm also having the same problem as you with bouncing off the limiter but it seems that because it is doing that, I am not shifting at full power and therefore losing power. Do you feel like you're getting to the redline faster as well? For me, not only does it seem to take a lot longer to get to redline, it for some reason keeps going

It feels a bit quicker to get there. As for shifting without power, even before the upgrade, the car would seem to pull power on the shift. I think it might be some sort of torque management program to minimize drivetrain shock. The shifting was never crisp.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 AM

E63 biturbo
Just got my car back from service at the dealer and not sure if its my imagination or something, but the car feels slower. It's still fast so I can't tell for sure but I just want to confirm that my ECU was or wasn't reflashed. Also noticed that when I messed with cruise control, I couldn't set it above 250km/h. Is this normal if my ECU was supposed to be delimited? There are no roads nearby to try it out so I'm hoping somebody here knows if cruise control limit and vmax are linked in the ECU??
Old 06-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Doesn't anyone have some technical info on this ECU flash? What are they doing and what are they not?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:51 AM

CLS55
seems like the only way to know if this is good or bad is to dyno before and after the update.

there are quite a few 'butt dyno's that need to be calibrated' in this post!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 AM

'10 E63 AMG
I just talked to Bob at RennTech. He said when MB "upgrades" the ECU, they erase what's on it and reprogram it, so the ECU definitely needs to be sent back to the tuner to be flashed and add their programming onto the chip. I don't know about running out of memory space like was mentioned above. I'm hoping the MB "upgrade" fixes the problems they have identified, then our reflash by our tuner will ADD what they program in, so that, in the end, the MB problems are fixed AND our ECU's are tweaked by our tuners. Does this sound right, and is it what we hope for? I'm not a big computer guy and don't really understand all this programming stuff.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=jamusa]I experienced that the car ran like crap after the install,so i s

ent it back Kleemann,and now it runs ok.[/QUOTE
With the new mb programme installed,the car is off by 20rwhp,so those of you who has not done the update...........dont let the dealer install it.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:13 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Reflash ECU??

Well I asked to talk to the tech who was assigned to my car. I flipped him a $20.00 bill asked him not to do the reflash and left him the star diag , go to page for the -10 c mod/ radiator suction fan trip limit. for engine temp. On the dash. All was well. I'm sure it got him a beer or 2 , He might have shared with the other Techs in the shop. I left the service writer. A new Taylor Golf sunviser with a matching polo shirt , I won at the last golf outting. P/S I didn't get the Hyundai loaner for the Day. These guy's are people too . Just share a little kindness . It goes a long way. And it did cost much . ___PTE___
Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
!@&#*^!@*#(&^!@*() #)!(*#_)(!@#* _)(!@&#* (&!@#)(*& !)@*(#&

Well, after dropping my car off this morning for the scheduled TB & supercharger service/install I found out that the ECU was inadvertantly re-flashed.

@!@(*#&()*&@$()*!U)_#@(&!_)@(#&*!)(@*#)_(!@&#)*(&! @

Now, they have to find a car with the previous SW revision, read it out, and reflash mine again to downgrade it to the previous version.
Dammit, been reading all the threads and seems like there is even some loss of power with a stock car (?) and definitely for modded cars. Is there a way for them to find a car with the previous SW revision, read it out, and save it to a storage media like a DVD+R or something?

I wished I had done a baseline dyno on my car before the air relay pump service recall. Now I won't know if I've lost any power after the recall.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by sly55
Guys, am i to understand that its the modded cars that are coming back slower?? My car is at MB now waiting to get its updates done! Bone stock, should i call and tell them not to touch ecu?!
...........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted
Old 06-30-2006, 11:09 PM

06 E55
Hey Guys, I was considering buying a brand new 06 from the dealer. But after reading this I was wondering if a new 06 kept stock will be effected by this problem?
Thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by luke14
Hey Guys, I was considering buying a brand new 06 from the dealer. But after reading this I was wondering if a new 06 kept stock will be effected by this problem?
Thanks
Mine is stock and I have had the update. I can't tell any difference in performance. I took a friend for a ride the other day. This guy has a long history with drag racing. He was so wound up after the ride that it took him about 20 minutes of talking at supersonic speed before he calmed down.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 PM

06 E55
Ok thanks, that makes me feel a little more comfortable.