W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ferrari chat & e55's & amg's w/ kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
ferrari chat & e55's & amg's w/ kleemann

friend sent along as he is ferrari chat member. main speak was on merc e55's and kleemann 55's. thought maybe some would find of interest from partial threads passed to me...e-mail mentioned no-one on ferrari thread denied respect for our e55 beast/s...most agreed they are bad mothas...

start of thread (e55/hwy)
====
kleeman e55 amg on hwy

took the 575M for a walk on local hwy here. came up on a blk kleemann e55. mellow driver and open road...i pulled on it and driver did not respond. second time he caught up in slow traffic...once clear again he glanced and pointed straight as signal for me to pull again-anyway I did at about 65mph...w/in seconds that e55 was up and gone about 1.5-2 car lengths and that frikin' thing kept pulling like a freight train-could not catch him (must admit )and slowed at about 110 mph. any idea what is in those kleeman e55's-i know the stock e55's are enough of a beast, but this thing was downright dangerous fast. a friend mentioned maybe a k2/kleeman? any thoughts...somewhat humbling...
======

before i bought the A8 i came real close to buying the AMG S65. why not? simple two words 'stupid fast' oh it was fun but it was a handfull! i could see myself spending a few nights in jail. there is just no reason why a sedan should have that kind of power, it's pure overkill. sure track cars and dragsters are fun, but that's regulated.

i liken it to giving a heroin addict a 5lb brick of pure heroin and expect him not kill himself, odds are an OD is going to happen. for me that car was my heroin!

stupid fast...
======

Oh yes, that is one hot motha. Added boost, better ECU mapping, performance intake & exhaust. Nice kit, I am very impressed with the upgrades they offer.

And its not even the "fast" Kleeman.

===============

A good friend of mine runs a shop in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan (www.motorwerksgroup.com) and they are an authorized Kleeman dealer. They've got some monsters in there!! He told me they took a "Kleemanized" SL65 AMG over to another shop across the street that has a dyno and the guys in there (a bunch of hot-rodder muscle car boys) all simultaneously dropped their jaws when the SL did a burnout on the dyno!!! Figures as follows:

Stock SL65 AMG: HP 617, 738 lb./ft. torque

"Kleemanized" SL65 AMG: HP 720, 900+ lb./ft. torque

.....all at like 2,200 rpm!!!!!

Cheers,
Aaron
'82 GTSi
Old 06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
720 HP V12 Biturbo is fuc###g Crazy...