W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 E60 M5 gets his arse handed to him...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Lovely!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
My former M5 was definitely faster above 120 or so than my K2 E55.

Derek, are you planning on getting a E63?

I remember last year, you were one of the first to get the M5 on this board.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
This thread is even funnier. They just can't accept that the almighty, unbeatable, untouchable M5 came second in a comparo to the E63.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74444
Old 06-14-2006, 02:30 PM

E63 biturbo
My former M5 was definitely faster above 120 or so than my K2 E55.
As hard as it is to imagine, its probably true. Check out this video if you have not seen it. Really amazing how fast a stock M5 is above 120 ...

Chipped E55 vs M5
Old 06-14-2006, 02:56 PM

Bently Continental GT
deleted

Last edited by DoctorXylophone; 02-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:46 PM

honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
Originally Posted by Jspeed
As hard as it is to imagine, its probably true. Check out this video if you have not seen it. Really amazing how fast a stock M5 is above 120 ...

Chipped E55 vs M5
better gearing of 7 sp and high revving helps big on highend.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by toro4me
better gearing of 7 sp and high revving helps big on highend.
Very funny discussions on the M5 board about the AMG's!

That will be a lifetime discussion!

MB vs. BMW
AMG vs. M

Lol
Old 06-14-2006, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sls, e63
just sold my m5, which was a nice car with some VERY irritating qualities. the smg was preferable to a manual, but certainly not the equal of our mb's autos. also, in the real world, how can you really tell about qualitative handling differences- both handle well for sedans, but are severly challenged on a track. my 55 is chipped and certainly seemed faster at all speeds to my m5.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by DoctorXylophone
i'll give him a rematch
Was that really you, Doc?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
In the thread on M5Board, Gustav again brought up the letter allegedly sent by members of this Board to BMW Germany and BMW Sweden about the illegal street race video(s) he posted. Gustav claims that BMW reacted by requiring him to remove the videos.

I think (not positive) that I asked him for some detail about that once and he never really gave me an answer. Does anyone have any idea whether anyone from this board actually would be shi**y enough to do that?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:02 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by abalto
Yeah, same dog with different fleas!
Still shouldnt we pick the dog with the least amount of fleas? lol awesome quote btw.

id take the m6 just for looks in black on black. even for a slight loss in power. That is if u dont need the utility of the rear seat.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by enzom
In the thread on M5Board, Gustav again brought up the letter allegedly sent by members of this Board to BMW Germany and BMW Sweden about the illegal street race video(s) he posted. Gustav claims that BMW reacted by requiring him to remove the videos.

I think (not positive) that I asked him for some detail about that once and he never really gave me an answer. Does anyone have any idea whether anyone from this board actually would be shi**y enough to do that?

Interesting, could this perhaps be related to the old Gustav vs Improviz encounters? Now those were some great threads. I wish Gustav would start posting here again.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:03 PM

Bently Continental GT
deleted

Last edited by DoctorXylophone; 02-26-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jspeed

Chipped E55 vs M5

the word chipped can mean many things..

but a ECU upgrade will not do much for the 55k, maybe 15 to 20hp

I saw this video last year and I still have doubts about the E55 being "chipped"

I do agree... I think past 120.. the M5 is one freight train.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
the word chipped can mean many things..

but a ECU upgrade will not do much for the 55k, maybe 15 to 20hp

I saw this video last year and I still have doubts about the E55 being "chipped"

I do agree... I think past 120.. the M5 is one freight train.

I doubt that e55 is chipped as well.
Here are the reasons:

The race took place in Istanbul, Turkey and there are no AMG tuners in Turkey. Not in Istanbul not in any other city. Maybe the car had work done in Europe I would not know, many people drive to Germany back and forth if they have family in there. Second of all only a handful e55 cars have been sold in Turkey, at most 10, as I believe the actual number of supercharged e55 cars sold are like 8 in Turkey until now.

E55 is a very expensive car in Turkey, it costs about $260K, and also each year you pay about $6-7K in tax and registration, and it is not very practical in the narrow streets of Istanbul where a gallon of gas is like $8. Also you can not lease or finance such expensive cars in Turkey, so the buyer will have to pay cash on the spot, many people who can chunk down that much money on a car usually does not find it practical so not many of these cars are sold. As the market is small there is no tuner shop that will work on such cars.

The car might have been to Europe and tuned there which is very possible, but if not I doubt it was chipped.

For the m5 board,
Gustav banned my account there a month or so ago, because people were so proud of their m5's that they were saying how good it was able to keep up with an Enzo (there was a video posted of an Enzo driving in front of the m5 in moderate traffic roads). So I said that m5 will take the enzo down in high speeds due to its gearing and additional 7th gear (these seem to be the only magic that the owners talk about every single day and night), and I was not welcom after that by the undeveloped mentality of Gustav, I guess they did not teach him what freedom of speech means in Sweden.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Why don't we set up a 1/4 mile challenge between our cars and the M5?
We can do it in So-cal and Nor-cal and put this to rest.
Maybe we can post the challenge on the M5board and see what happens.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JLP
Why don't we set up a 1/4 mile challenge between our cars and the M5?
We can do it in So-cal and Nor-cal and put this to rest.
Maybe we can post the challenge on the M5board and see what happens.

No m5 owner will accept that challenge, because they know they will lose. They most likely will ask for this challenge:

From 80mph roll all the way to 160mph. because m5 shines in higher speeds triple digits, where nobody in their right mind should even try to attempt such a race in US highways. But there are multi mile long straightaway tracks in USA, such races can occur at those places, where at least no chance of losing your licence or cause an accident

Or the m5 owners will ask for a challange with twisties, because m5 is a better handling car, as if all m5 owners know how to drive in twisties.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TopGun32
Derek, are you planning on getting a E63?

I remember last year, you were one of the first to get the M5 on this board.
Ordered it last week, July build with an August delivery. Soooooo, when is Kleemann coming out with a PA for it is the real question.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:40 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Ordered it last week, July build with an August delivery. Soooooo, when is Kleemann coming out with a PA for it is the real question.
My god your already ahead of everyone
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Derrick...

So...From ZERO M5 can catch with K2 at 120 or NOT ???
Old 06-15-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rus, didn't do it specific enough to answer that exact question. What I did do was drive my K2 and the M5 at the same track, Roebling Rd., under the same weather conditions and the M5 was 13 mph faster.

Due to the better handling of the M5, I was a few MPH faster coming onto the front straight which would get more MPH at the end even for identical cars. The gap would have been small side by side, but the M5 was simply faster at the end of the almost 1,400 ft straight- 156mph to 143mph. The M5 was probably going 5 mph faster coming onto the front straight- 95mph to 90 mph. Again, that gap would be small but there would be a gap between the two cars I drove.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

man... I can't wait for you to run your E63 and E55k2 side by side. and at the drag strip

you have to film this...

thank God you are on our side!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zumbalak
I doubt that e55 is chipped as well.
Here are the reasons:

The race took place in Istanbul, Turkey and there are no AMG tuners in Turkey. Not in Istanbul not in any other city. Maybe the car had work done in Europe I would not know, many people drive to Germany back and forth if they have family in there. Second of all only a handful e55 cars have been sold in Turkey, at most 10, as I believe the actual number of supercharged e55 cars sold are like 8 in Turkey until now.

E55 is a very expensive car in Turkey, it costs about $260K, and also each year you pay about $6-7K in tax and registration, and it is not very practical in the narrow streets of Istanbul where a gallon of gas is like $8. Also you can not lease or finance such expensive cars in Turkey, so the buyer will have to pay cash on the spot, many people who can chunk down that much money on a car usually does not find it practical so not many of these cars are sold. As the market is small there is no tuner shop that will work on such cars.

The car might have been to Europe and tuned there which is very possible, but if not I doubt it was chipped.

For the m5 board,
Gustav banned my account there a month or so ago, because people were so proud of their m5's that they were saying how good it was able to keep up with an Enzo (there was a video posted of an Enzo driving in front of the m5 in moderate traffic roads). So I said that m5 will take the enzo down in high speeds due to its gearing and additional 7th gear (these seem to be the only magic that the owners talk about every single day and night), and I was not welcom after that by the undeveloped mentality of Gustav, I guess they did not teach him what freedom of speech means in Sweden.
nicely put! The is a stock car since a chipped does nothing.

Re: M5Board: Not only an Enzo, but F430's and F40 ect..

those guys talk about keeping or beating up with cars that weight 1000lbs less and have equal or more power.

The last funny thread was about a F40.. the guy actually thought the F40 was similar to his M5.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:05 PM

Thumbs down 100% true.

That is why I rarely visit this forum anymore. That move forced away something that millions of people wanted to see, thanks to the MB vs BMW M videos. Totally unbeleivable act of certain individuals, but apparantly that is something you get for posting videos when AMG is not the fastest.

Originally Posted by enzom

Last edited by Gustav; 06-15-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gustav
That is why I rarely visit this forum anymore. That move forced away something that millions of people wanted to see, thanks to the MB vs BMW M videos. Totally unbeleivable act of certain individuals, but apparantly that is something you get for posting videos when AMG is not the fastest.

At least you have not been banned from MBWorld for posting videos or voicing your opinion.

But your undeveloped primitive state of mind definitely bans many many MB owners from the m5board.

This is the difference between MB owners and m5 owners, and The Americans and the Swedes i guess. One side appreciates freedom of speech and has a mind light years ahead of those of primitive mentalities that do not appreciate freedom of speech and decide to shut any voice or opinion that is against theirs.

How many MB owners have you banned from your forum Mr. Gustav? And as we all know you have been caught lying red-handed by me about the m5 race against the modified rs4 a while back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 E60 M5 gets his arse handed to him...