Star Diag lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Star Diag lowering

I had an MB tech out to my house today to replace my battery.
While he was here, he was nice enough to attach the portable Star laptop and change the fan setting and to try and change the suspension height.

Unfortunately, he was unable to find the proper module for lowering.

Can anyone provide detailed directions? Maybe I can get him to do it in the shop.

On a humorous note, Star Diag portable runs on Win XP.
Guess what?
It locked and he had to reboot!
I know, ... you're shocked!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
They have to put the car on a lift and take measurements and "degree" each corner and plug those settings into STAR. You can guess but that is not the way to do it, and many times it will not take "guessed at" measurements.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by abalto
They have to put the car on a lift and take measurements and "degree" each corner and plug those settings into STAR. You can guess but that is not the way to do it, and many times it will not take "guessed at" measurements.
Thats not how it works. Having had my car adjusted 4 times now I can do it in my sleep. You hit the F3 key and the car lowers. Do this to each side for the front and then for the rear, enter the inclination values (have them written down someplace) and you are done. It takes about 15 minutes but use a good system of measurement to make sure it all is even.

Just plug in DAS, go to the ride height calibration section and lower the vehicle. It is VERY simple indeed.

This might be a simple version but its not rocket science at all. You do not need a lift but a level peice of ground is a serious plus.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:42 AM

E55-2005
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Thats not how it works. Having had my car adjusted 4 times now I can do it in my sleep. You hit the F3 key and the car lowers. Do this to each side for the front and then for the rear, enter the inclination values (have them written down someplace) and you are done. It takes about 15 minutes but use a good system of measurement to make sure it all is even

How low can you go with this approach? (for a stock with standard tyres and wheels)
Old 06-18-2006, 08:30 AM

2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
Thats not how it works. Having had my car adjusted 4 times now I can do it in my sleep. You hit the F3 key and the car lowers. Do this to each side for the front and then for the rear, enter the inclination values (have them written down someplace) and you are done. It takes about 15 minutes but use a good system of measurement to make sure it all is even.

Just plug in DAS, go to the ride height calibration section and lower the vehicle. It is VERY simple indeed.

This might be a simple version but its not rocket science at all. You do not need a lift but a level peice of ground is a serious plus.
Sorry, I wrote the above in a big hurry. I did leave some stuff out, but there are some other values in there besides the actual height. You do adjust each corner independantly. And yes, F3 may be the decrease value key for height. You may want to do a front end alignment depending on the level of drop. I have seen it done a few times and just trying to explain it quickly.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Thats not how it works. Having had my car adjusted 4 times now I can do it in my sleep. You hit the F3 key and the car lowers. Do this to each side for the front and then for the rear, enter the inclination values (have them written down someplace) and you are done.
Thanks Cyn, what module should he be in for F3 to work this way?
Inclination values? Metrics? + or - to up and down?

This might be a simple version but its not rocket science at all.
Lucky for me.