Sponsored by:

Is the sky falling???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
That would imply that those who did not get the Recall notice have the new software anyway ... looks like I will have to stay stock then - thats also why I am interested if some of the Manufaktur mods can be retrofitted (E.g. delimit, tranny shift paterns etc)

I sent AMG an email through their website to ask just this but I have sent them maybe 10 emails in the past on various issues and am yet to have one reply....
Old 07-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by stevebez
That would imply that those who did not get the Recall notice have the new software anyway ... looks like I will have to stay stock then - thats also why I am interested if some of the Manufaktur mods can be retrofitted (E.g. delimit, tranny shift paterns etc)

I sent AMG an email through their website to ask just this but I have sent them maybe 10 emails in the past on various issues and am yet to have one reply....
Try contacting a European distributor and buying the parts through them. AMG will not be so open to sell Euro parts in the states. Liability, et al. A Euro distributor can sell to anybody and doesn't care if it does not work out for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

.............no. It does not presume that those who did not receive the notice have the new software. It just means that those that have actually received the notice and are unable to determine any benefit from having the ECU portion of the recall done, and in light of the potential for problems should not let their ECU be messed with by the dealer............except of course your dealer can tell you what advantage you will derive from it which so far they can't.
..........at this point, allowing your ECU to be flashed by the dealer means that you are expecting some secret benefit to your car which neither you, nor your dealer no mercedes can explain..........that same benefit you think those that did not receive the recall letter are secretly enjoying. Or maybe it actually means that such a person just does things because a letter said they must. In which case I'll send the person a letter instructing them to poor gasoline on their car and light a match........and don't ask any questions, just do it because it says so on the letter.

Ted
Old 07-04-2006, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
All the guys complaining of loss of power after this ECU recall have had mods done. NO ONE so far has complained of a stock unit being down on power.
I did! But without dyno before and after there's really no way of knowing... Going on seat of pants only. And as one user demonstrated, he thought his car was FASTER after reflash, only to put it on the dyno to find less power and torque! So i guess the SOP dyno is out!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by RossN

Hey Jangy, or whatever the F*&k your name is, brush up on your engineering before you make stupid blanket statements about "convention". If you think you know it all then come to the table with facts. The New 63 engine is 199kg and the chassis itself has substantial suspension upgrades. The new 07 MY W211 has over 2000 changes. The frickin current car has been out for 4 years, do you with all your intelligence, think the DC is not going to improve the handling? Get a clue knuckle head.

You don't like my comments, then disprove them. Do yourself, me and the rest of the Internet Browsing world a favor and don't offer childlike troll accusing comments without fact.

Do you even own a car let alone an AMG?

(Geesh, personal attachs at 1am on a Saturday night, go get a life)
Huh? No, I do not own a car or let alone an AMG, so I do not get it. The QUESTION I posed was just that., I wasn't saying that the E55 handled better. I was just curious as to any facts behind the Blanket Statement that the E63 handles better. Thats it. Instead of attacking and asking for my engineering degree, why not just explain why the 63 would be a better handling car. My true intent on this thread was to learn about any upgrades to the 63 that could be used on the 55.

That said, screw everyone on this board, but especially the ones that like the E63 in any way shape or form. Hows that for you?

p.s. Iam not really sure what your skanky *** wife calls me in bed. I'll try to pay attention next time and let you know.

Last edited by jangy; 07-04-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by jangy
Huh? No, I do not own a car or let alone an AMG, so I do not get it. The QUESTION I posed was just that., I wasn't saying that the E55 handled better. I was just curious as to any facts behind the Blanket Statement that the E63 handles better. Thats it. Instead of attacking and asking for my engineering degree, why not just explain why the 63 would be a better handling car. My true intent on this thread was to learn about any upgrades to the 63 that could be used on the 55.

That said, screw everyone on this board, but especially the ones that like the E63 in any way shape or form. Hows that for you?

p.s. Iam not really sure what your skanky *** wife calls me in bed. I'll try to pay attention next time and let you know.
That was not necessary.....
Old 07-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

Jangy, you are too funny. A late night post after an evening of drinking? Hope you see clearer in the morning.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML55, 2006 C6 Z06

jangy,

Grow up, then maybe I'll talk to you. Until then, enjoy the silence.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:49 PM

04 CL600
Just like I said '''The Sky IS Falling". Now respectable people on this board are starting to FREAK OUT. EVERYONE stop and take a breather!!!!! Life is good. You own a Mercedes!!!!!!!! An AMG for that matter. Why split hairs about things that won't matter in 10 years. Be Happy you drive cars that would blow my poor W210 away. "Don't worry...be happy"
Old 07-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rock
Jangy, you are too funny. A late night post after an evening of drinking? Hope you see clearer in the morning.
Hehe, glad I could entertain. What does he want me to be doing at 1am on saturday night?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by absent
That was not necessary.....
Hey absent, or whatever the F*&k your name is, yes it was.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
jangy,

Grow up, then maybe I'll talk to you. Until then, enjoy the silence.
How old do I need to be before we can talk? I'd love the company.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by t-boy
Just like I said '''The Sky IS Falling". Now respectable people on this board are starting to FREAK OUT. EVERYONE stop and take a breather!!!!! Life is good. You own a Mercedes!!!!!!!! An AMG for that matter. Why split hairs about things that won't matter in 10 years. Be Happy you drive cars that would blow my poor W210 away. "Don't worry...be happy"
Sorry for my part.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs down

Hey absent, or whatever the F*&k your name is, yes it was.
Real class......
Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML55, 2006 C6 Z06
absent,

This forum used to have some level of respect and class to it but that seems to be changing for the worse. I can't remember ever talking to a scientist (jangy's profile info) or any professional at any level, that talks and responds to what are essentially strangers like this member does. This guy doesn't know a thing about me and is calling me a troll, and then makes comments like a 7th grader might about my Wife, simply amazing. Not even worth responding to directly. In face to face, someone would be going to the hospital this I am sure of. You don't say things like this to people without asking for a severe beating. Great thing about Life is Karma has a way of teaching people what is most missing in their Life

t-boy, my apologies for highjacking this thread on your original topic. These are my last comments on this matter.

For Everyone else, sorry this waste of energy was ever made public.

Back to the discussion......
Old 07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
absent,

This forum used to have some level of respect and class to it but that seems to be changing for the worse. I can't remember ever talking to a scientist (jangy's profile info) or any professional at any level, that talks and responds to what are essentially strangers like this member does. This guy doesn't know a thing about me and is calling me a troll, and then makes comments like a 7th grader might about my Wife, simply amazing. Not even worth responding to directly. In face to face, someone would be going to the hospital this I am sure of. You don't say things like this to people without asking for a severe beating. Great thing about Life is Karma has a way of teaching people what is most missing in their Life

t-boy, my apologies for highjacking this thread on your original topic. These are my last comments on this matter.

For Everyone else, sorry this waste of energy was ever made public.

Back to the discussion......
Don't act like you didn't instigate, but I did escalate. Either way, I am sorry to you. I take responsibility and don't wanna turn our great community into a shiiiatt talking place. What do you say?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM

'10 E63 AMG
C'mon guys, just plan to meet and slug it out like real men. Video for the board!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Nah, Ross is right. I got pissed he "dissed" me and so I attacked his wife like a kid. It ain't cool. I'd be pissed and want to kick some butt too. There is a difference between a good verbal debate or even a little , but what I did ain't cool. I don't know him and to disrespect him that way when I adore my family so much is stupid and childish. Heck, most 17 year olds don't act that way.

By the way, Rock... I don't drink, so I don't even have that excuse!!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Much respect to you, Jangy, for being upstanding about this and clearing the air / cleaning your side of the street! Too bad more aren't like you. (I was kidding about the bruhaha!!)