Sponsored by:

Another Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
Another Lowering Question

In the manual it says there are 3 height settings LOW, NORMAL and HIGH.

The low setting engaging automatically when you go over a certain speed (~120km/h or whatever it is).

My question is: if you have your car lowered already via whatever method, then is it possible that this high speed automatic lowering may drop the car too low? And does anyone know how much the car drops at high speed?

Secondly (apologies if this has already been answered) is the high setting affected by the lowering? So that if you lower it 25mm, then hit the raise button, it will be 25mm lower than the original high setting?

Reasons for above is that i was thinking about max lowering the car suitable for slow cruising, and then leaving it on raised for normal driving, which would bring it to a lowish or near stock sensible height. Is that feasible or would i just be eating tyres out due to alignment probs at one of the heights??

thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM

Well, I'm not privy to MB's programming of their ABC system, but if I were to take an educated guess, I would say that the system would move up/down based on a reference position. That position is probably the normal setting. If you lower the car, the normal setting changes, so at speed, the car should still go lower. If you select the high setting, the height it rises to will be based on the new reference position, which is lower than the stock setting. This should occur independent of the method used to lower the vehicle. My guess would be that MB only uses the three height sensors to set the vehicle's vertical position and does not use any pneumatic pressures. (Are these Hall Effect sensors that they use for height control?)
Old 07-05-2006, 03:18 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I have the Renntech lowering module. I love it. When I have to go over speed bumps or enter parking lots with a high transition I hit the right height adjustment button. The car looks like an off-road vehicle in this mode but it keeps the bottom from scraping. So, my guess is that this adjustment takes the vehicle to the upper limit of the air suspension.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 AM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
Grumpy, thats what i would have thought regarding the reference position.

Rudy, So your saying that with your renntech module, the high button still brings the car up to its "factory" high position?

To those with other modules such as Kleemann module, is it the same with your cars if you hit the high button?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by sly55
Grumpy, thats what i would have thought regarding the reference position.

Rudy, So your saying that with your renntech module, the high button still brings the car up to its "factory" high position?

To those with other modules such as Kleemann module, is it the same with your cars if you hit the high button?
WHEN YOU LOWER YOUR CAR W/KLEEMANN MODULE,THE BUTTON WILL RAISE IT UP TO THE HEIGHT THAT THE MODULE LOWERED IT.IF IT IS A ONE INCH DROP, THEN THE BUTTON WILL RAISE IT ONE INCH OR WHATEVER THE CORRESPONDING DROP IS.