Sponsored by:

another M5 bites the dust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Sedan w/5.5 K
Originally Posted by jangy
What's with all this first and second crap? Why not just look over at whoever it is an PIN it? That is the beauty of our rides. No guessing, no having to have settings right, or powerbands on, or whatever. You just pin and it is GONE!!

I only use manual mode on twisties that I want it to hold a gear or to have fun. In a straight line fight, I do not use it all. I'd love to see someone step up and claim faster 1/4 mile times in manual mode.
Yes, Yes, all true. You gotta love the power, any rpm, any gear. But dropping into first, that is a religious experience all its own.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by rbc55
there wasn't anything wrong w/his car and i'm tired of hearing that B.S. excuse about whether or not they were in p5oo whatever the f..k mode,this is the second M5 i have done this to w/same results.if they were in the lesser power mode i would have had him by four or five cars and if you are stupid enough to initiate a race with me or any other w211 E55 in that lower mode thats your fault.by the way,what's wrong with his car is what is wrong w all E60 M5's.they are not as fast period,end of story!

Relax man !!! I am not trying to start a 3rd World War here

Hope E55 is faster cause I cant wait to receive mine and go M5 hunting but I would need to learn how to launch this beast first....

How do guys change gears when you run on Manual mode ???

My S500 does change them that quickly and if dont change them at the point, you will hit Rev limiter...

OR you start on manual mode and then while you acelerate the car you shift to S mode or on E55 in manual mode gears change automatically ???
Old 07-18-2006, 09:10 AM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Relax man !!! I am not trying to start a 3rd World War here

Hope E55 is faster cause I cant wait to receive mine and go M5 hunting but I would need to learn how to launch this beast first....

How do guys change gears when you run on Manual mode ???

My S500 does change them that quickly and if dont change them at the point, you will hit Rev limiter...

OR you start on manual mode and then while you acelerate the car you shift to S mode or on E55 in manual mode gears change automatically ???
i leave it in sport mode and use the steering wheel buttons if i need to downshift,don't trust the transmission kickdown ;it seems to decide to kickdown to what gear it wants which isn't always what i feel is appropriate.manual mode doesn't work for me because the shifting isn't fast enough and unless you are really paying attention to your shift point,i usually end up bouncing off the limiter which is no good in a race .as far as the launch goes i leave esp on ,with it off it rarely helps me just eats up tires and slows me down.i hate esp and i am seriously considering the quaife differential.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 AM

Had the same experience a week ago,a friend of mine called me up and told me that they were hanging out at a certain spot,so t should come join them,and bring my car.I went and parked my bike and went to join them.
There was a couple of Porshes,M3(E46),CL55,and yes a M6.As soon as i drove up i recognised him as someone i knew.......real nice guy.He came over and told me that he pretty much beat everything out there and wanted to run a E55 to see which was faster.I explained that i was a great fan of the M6 and wanted to try one as well.
It was about 2am,so we headed for the highway.We started from a dead standstill and ran off like i was racing by myself,we did this twice and the result was the same......he still wanted to run,but i did not see the point,because i kept pulling away from him further and further.
Was it a fair race?No..............I had K4 mods,he was stock.Like i said he was no d***k,but he had no idea how fast my car was with the K4 MODS.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
How come people are always running in with the Ms!? I ran into one last night on Comm Ave. Black on Black with tinted windows and aftermarket rims. I downshifted to two and punched it and he wouldn't go!? Darn it.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by jamusa
Had the same experience a week ago,a friend of mine called me up and told me that they were hanging out at a certain spot,so t should come join them,and bring my car.I went and parked my bike and went to join them.
There was a couple of Porshes,M3(E46),CL55,and yes a M6.As soon as i drove up i recognised him as someone i knew.......real nice guy.He came over and told me that he pretty much beat everything out there and wanted to run a E55 to see which was faster.I explained that i was a great fan of the M6 and wanted to try one as well.
It was about 2am,so we headed for the highway.We started from a dead standstill and ran off like i was racing by myself,we did this twice and the result was the same......he still wanted to run,but i did not see the point,because i kept pulling away from him further and further.
Was it a fair race?No..............I had K4 mods,he was stock.Like i said he was no d***k,but he had no idea how fast my car was with the K4 MODS.
K4..huh...no wonder your beat M6...

M6 is a bit faster the M5 but my still told that he beat one with his E55 mid range punch but they didnt run to 120+...after that M6 is very faaast...

So manual mode the trnsmisson hits the limiter and with Shift buttons it doesnt ???

What about 2003 E55's ??? thier sfift button work when you pur in manual mode I think

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 07-18-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Just our luck i guess.The M5/M6 guys are hunting us as well.........dont underestimate them,they are some fast cars,and will give an E55 All it can handle,and in some instances may even beat an E55.
Mine was not a true representation on an E55,b/c it was not stock........but the win felt good I guess M5/M6 guys are no diffrent from us,.....running by ourselves,or someone slower sometimes makes us fee unbeatible until we ran into something faster
Old 07-18-2006, 11:20 AM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by jamusa
Just our luck i guess.The M5/M6 guys are hunting us as well.........dont underestimate them,they are some fast cars,and will give an E55 All it can handle,and in some instances may even beat an E55.
Mine was not a true representation on an E55,b/c it was not stock........but the win felt good I guess M5/M6 guys are no diffrent from us,.....running by ourselves,or someone slower sometimes makes us fee unbeatible until we ran into something faster
True. No matter how fast you think your car is...there is a car out there faster than yours.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM

'04 E55
Originally Posted by M5 RUS

Simply leave it on S mode like we usually do in normal driving. Let's say you want to do a rolling from 40mph. All you have to do is press the minus button on the streering wheel and keep it pressed until it shifts down to the lowest gear possible. The RPM should be in the 3000-4000 range before you pin it and let the car do the upshifting itself. I used to leave on D and floor it when doing hwy rollings with my cousin who has an STI but he always had the lead 1+ cars although eventually I'd catch up and pass him. This was not the case when I downshifted to 1st once doing 40mph. There was instant power and the car pulled so fast that i could even see the front lifting up like an airplane and my cousin never took the lead again with his STI . Someone wrote that downshifting to 1st when doing 40mph abuses the car. I wouldn't think that is the case. Everytime we floor it off the line and have it on D mode, the upshifting to 2nd occurs at around 45mph anyway, so it's pretty much the same.