Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
O2 sensor location

IMHO if you mount them that far back away from the manifold and have deleted the 1st / primary cat, your gone to get the CEL. I posted this awhile back. I know this is a different car . but they function similiarly. I do not have the Secondary cats in the system

07-19-2006, 08:37 AM #6
PTE

Vehicle I drive: 03 CLK5.5 AMG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my CLK with Kleemann headers & down pipes. I mounted the 100 cell race cats as close to the collector flange as possible. I also installed threaded bungs for the rear o2 sensors just after the 1st primary Cat. As close as possible. I did shim them out,( the rear sensors ) .125 so they didn't cause much disruption in the exhaust flow. I think there was maybe a little loss of H/P over a no cat exhaust (2 to 4 H/P) I also think that the closer you mount the race cats to the manifolds/ Headers. The quicker they heat up. The rear o2 sensors see the diff in temp. The ECU likes what it seeing. No err Codes are set. I did tell Cory @ Kleemann what I was up to, at the time, I was building the exhaust system. So I believe he left the rear o2 sensers alone , in the ECU reflash. Now The only Time I get a o2 sensor err code is on the Dyno ?? I don't know why. But never has it set a CEL or set a err code on the Street. Maybe you should thing about installing race cats?http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by PTE : 07-19-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Installation is in process...since all the people are telling ME that I will get Check engine lights and those heeaders and bolt on one...I decided tp leave Primary cats alone for NOW and then when I find out how to delete O2 sensors codes in ECU and if we can programm them then I will delete Primary cats...

We are searching for solution, most of the dealer not sure if they can disconnect O2 sensor throught Star on EURO 4 cars...

Now checking out win with Mercedes diagnitics systems...

May I would just have to spend extra 1000 US and get Kleemann ECU or leave Primary Cats and get ECU for the way it is...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
The Headers have been installed with Primary CATS in place...everything went fine...also some Tint done and Hella Xenon installed into FOG lights...

Headers are Jet-Hot coated inside and outside...

Today got a confirmation from CORY, that I can relocate rear O2 sensors behind secondary CATS, he said he has done on many cars, including his CLK 430...

My freind at Mercedes told ME that on some 211 E55 they can switch off O2 sesors...

So...I going to see if I can programm the car for EURO 2 or cats free mode, if it works then I wont relocate O2 sensors...

If ECU programming is not possible, then will reloacte O2 sensors behind Secondary Cats...

DYNO DAY tommorow !!!

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 08-03-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Header installed...

Not sure if the car is faster or lost some torgues down low...

Drove the car for 30 miles and dint press WOT...