•••• FREE S/C Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ••••

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Smile

Originally Posted by GTA23109a
I noticed the belt mess before I ever tried the VHT trick. VHT simply increases the degradation of the rubber, causing more mess in less time. I have an Autometer boost gauge installed in the glove box of the car. All I have to do is drop open the glove box and I can see exactly how much boost (or vacuum) is in the manifold and when.
I got the mess even without VHT.

I've done my own research and come to my own conclusions. I'm sure there are some who will continue to keep their head planted firmly in the sand, insisting that there's no problem. I, for one, am just going to FIX IT and enjoy the benefits.
Same here...

Curious about your Vac and Boost readings?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Vadim...

His pullies diameter is 182mm, stock ones are 156mm...

What can be done in that case and why you have belt slipping with Evo pullies then ???

We need your reccomendations...

Finn

You had somem problem with Kompressor tensioner, wasnt that your problems ???

Are you sure those guys going to make these staff, cuase they replied to ME and said they dont offer anything for E55 Kompressors ...
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Finn

You had some problem with Kompressor tensioner, wasn't that your problems ???
No.. Tensioner very good but, I put extra force on tensioner to press belt harder onto pulley, not a very good solution but temporarily solved slip problem up to around 6500 rpm. Best solution is more wrap around s/c pulley. See links above.

Are you sure those guys going to make these staff, cuase they replied to ME and said they dont offer anything for E55 Kompressors ...
Yes true... but not available yet... I spoke to Doug at Billet Flow who understands these problems and he can design a bracket to mate up with his pulleys to make the best solution possible. We need someone to take their car to the Billet Flow workshop so Doug can measure up and design a bracket to fit correctly so he can sell other kits to 55K owners with larger crank pulleys.

Doug was also kind enough to offer the first wrap kit free to the individual who allows him to measure up from their car.

Billet Flow (http://www.billetflow.com) fabricate many after-market parts and distribute through many dealers. On this link, he offers 10 free kits for other car types for promotion... Read this from Doug http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...r-pulleys.html
Old 07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I see those pullies woulld help for other but how is the problem to be fixed for the people who has pullies already
Old 07-27-2006, 11:36 AM

03 E55 AMG
Smile

I see those pulleys would help for other but how is the problem to be fixed for the people who has pulleys already

Another after-market kit would be easily installed to increase s/c belt foot print around pulley. This wouldn't be required for individuals who have a stock setup. This solution = More pulley grip and as a spin off would increase belt longevity.

I hope I have explained myself correctly.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Finny
Your preaching to the converted brother... I totally agree...

So what do you do?

You either pony up and pay the man or go the Vrus route.Paying the man makes the hair on my neck stand up though,Im no tight wad by any means...but getting flat out ripped at the crotch makes me mad.

A few itmes that make me

Headers
Full exhaust systems
IC cooling kits.

Im dont ranting now.

If I wasnt 3k miles away from Billet Flow,Id be over there in a heart beat!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Simply funny. Not a bit of data. So, if my belt is not getting torn up, do you believe t isn't slipping? Or is yours just extra tore up?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 AM

03 E55 AMG
Smile

Originally Posted by jangy
Simply funny. Not a bit of data. So, if my belt is not getting torn up, do you believe t isn't slipping? Or is yours just extra tore up?
What pulley configuration do you have installed?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:52 PM

04 E55
Back from the dead!!!

Has there been any progress on this?? I know more than a few people are waiting on a solution for this problem.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 AM

03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up No not dead just pending....

Back from the dead!!!

Has there been any progress on this?? I know more than a few people are waiting on a solution for this problem.
No one has put up their hand to be fitted yet. I've been to busy lately to do it myself, but after I get back from Alice springs (the outback) in two weeks, I will order the parts from Billet Flow and design a mount myself. I'm also doing a copy of a SLR intercooler set as well to increase lost boost. (See https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/157483-slr-engine-photos-vrus.html)

So... with Victors 80mm TB mod, extra spring tension and increased s/c pulley foot print, we'll see what happens....

As soon as these projects are finished I'll post all the dyno results, photos and specs etc... I'll also send my idler mount and tensioner version to Billet Flow so they can refine and make a more pretty and or improved version.

An adjustable valve spring and a larger wheel will be used on the next tensioner version.

Sorry I can't be quicker...

See ya...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Originally Posted by JokerzWld
Owners: I live down I-94 from Taylor and have 2 questions:
1. How is belt slip confirmed diagnostically?
2. Did you say free?
As usual I am cornfuzd

Finny..did you respond to Jokerz ??
Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 PM

03 E55 AMG
Yes, sent a private message...