Had my re-flash done and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by jangy
YES TED, SIMPLE!! Keep speaking for Kleeman and all the counter productive crap you claim they will do, but why does Kleeman not come on here and say it?

Keep stalking me and keep trying, it won't help.

Hell no I don't think there is a problem. i think it is a figment of your imagination. Read my post. I can SMOKE the tires AND I can go into Dyno mode. Always have and always will. Keep trying. You aren't a little jealous are you? You sure yours is a W211? Welll ummmm, maybe you should keep your talk to your area of expertise.

Why not just go back to MB and tell them you want it "undone"? Kleeman has not figured the new code out yet and neither has any tuner. MB wants it that way, so it won't be as easy as you make it sound. LOL, funny you claim to have all this factual data and when enquiring minds ask for it, you just come back with ......oh welll umm Kleeman said it and I didn't write it all down...

If you wanna be the bully, at least carry a stick.
...........are you bipolar? My car is fixed and I am happy. I told you in another thread that I have a W210 not W211. The car with the recall issue is an 05 G55. I a aare that this could have bee a roblem unique to the G55. This is why I didn't start posting until I saw that others were havig problems. Besides my first post on this topic wast say that my car was actually faster. So I didn't mind the recall, I loved it. Then I dynoed my car and it was vey lean because the ECu had been reflashed. Why am I even explaining all this? Its not like information will make any difference to your thinking. Like I said, problem is solved! Yes I did take it to the dealer to remove the recall software, they couldn't. My car was actually not driveable because it will stall as soon as the load limit was reached. This was not something I imagined. I even pulled the load limit code and printed the details and posted it in another thread. I am not sure if you are just purposefully being an agitator if you are truly this way. Well here is the link to the load limit. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ted+load+limit

Ted
Old 08-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........are you bipolar? My car is fixed and I am happy. I told you in another thread that I have a W210 not W211. The car with the recall issue is an 05 G55. I a aare that this could have bee a roblem unique to the G55. This is why I didn't start posting until I saw that others were havig problems. Besides my first post on this topic wast say that my car was actually faster. So I didn't mind the recall, I loved it. Then I dynoed my car and it was vey lean because the ECu had been reflashed. Why am I even explaining all this? Its not like information will make any difference to your thinking. Like I said, problem is solved! Yes I did take it to the dealer to remove the recall software, they couldn't. My car was actually not driveable because it will stall as soon as the load limit was reached. This was not something I imagined. I even pulled the load limit code and printed the details and posted it in another thread. I am not sure if you are just purposefully being an agitator if you are truly this way. Well here is the link to the load limit. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ted+load+limit

Ted
Nope not bipolar, just sick of you following me around like a little kid. So, your G55 stalls due to MB's update and they could give a rat's behind? LOL. Keep posting your "codes". You are absolutely right that NO MATTER what you say or paste, I will NEVER listen to it. You have already spewed enough crud out that it will only fall on deaf and ignorant ears, even if you do slip and say something sensible.

Just for fun, though...would you please come out with one more ....tell the dealer not to do it?? Please? Or how about a just tell Kleeman to get it back to the '03-'04 flash and they will? Pretty please!!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by chiromikey
jangy,

i understand that wasn't directed at me but why in the hell are you bringing up an argument that is a week old and done with...and taking this off topic yet again?

yes, many of us are jealous that your car wasn't affected, good for you. go out and enjoy it while the rest of us try to figure out what can be done to our cars that WERE affected. you're being so juvenile about this whole thing when you clearly DON'T understand the problem. telling us to go back to mb to have the ecu flash undone or explain to us about dyno mode is either a poor attempt at humor or idiotic and uneducated advice. i respect much of the information you put forth on this forum but you clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about regarding this topic...except that your car wasn't affected. to claim this problem is a figment of any member's imagination is pretty naive in the light of so many people that have spoken up. and as of late, your ignorance on the topic has become become down right offensive.

having kleeman reflash our ecu's to pre recall status IS actually fairly easy, as long as they know which version of software was on there originally. there's a lot of information that is known and unknown at this time. i'm sure ted has been asked, as i have, not to repeat too much of what he has been told. right now tuners are in a race to break this new software. besides, who have YOU talked to about the problem? at least ted is doing his research regardless of whether he wrote anything down or not.

btw, i could care less what mb wants. these are our cars and we'll do with them what WE want. unless there is an important safety recall, they DON'T have the right to screw with our performance.
You said it in the first sentence. I am directing nothing at you. If you read my serious posts about this topic, I WAS THE ONE THAT SAID YOU have EVERY right to demand the power. I do not disagree that there are concerns or anything. What I have had issues with all along is Ted's incesent claims of do this do that, when it is WRONG. So, now when he continues to spew at me (making it personal), I am throwing his own words back. I never said that it was not easy to return to old days, I said it was NOT A SOLUTION!! If you think as Ted does that this is a simple conspiracy by MB to kill the tuners, then you need to rethink it. I am glad you think Ted is doing research, but I'd only consider it such IF the study protocol was valid.
Watch where you go with questioning my contacts and info, because again that is getting personal and I would be happy to add you to the club of those that have their own foot in their mouth. Call BS on me when you want, but just make sure you are ready to go back and forth with FACTS because I will come loaded.

This thread was off topic after the first post. You think I want you guys to have ANY issues? I'm not that type, even if it seemms it. In fact, had the attitude not been different, you may have had more cooperation. Keep one thing VERY clear in your mind. MB has EVERY right to protect their liable position. It is your car and you are free to do with it as you wish. However, understand that you are the one letting MB off the hook with each and every deviation from their DTBs.

Get Ted to stop attacking me and I'll leave your little group of haters alone. How about we start a new forum for the 55K cars that have no power? That way you guys can whine in a roome and the rest of us can enjoy our cars. (That was personal for you). See, it does **** you off as do your comments.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Nope not bipolar, just sick of you following me around like a little kid. So, your G55 stalls due to MB's update and they could give a rat's behind? LOL. Keep posting your "codes". You are absolutely right that NO MATTER what you say or paste, I will NEVER listen to it. You have already spewed enough crud out that it will only fall on deaf and ignorant ears, even if you do slip and say something sensible.

Just for fun, though...would you please come out with one more ....tell the dealer not to do it?? Please? Or how about a just tell Kleeman to get it back to the '03-'04 flash and they will? Pretty please!!

.............You are funny. One day you may wish to re-read some of the stuff you have posted. I am not the only one that has noticed your rants. At first I thought you were just purposefully being an agitator, but it looks like you are naturally obnoxious. Time for me to hit the ignore button.

Ted
Old 08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the info! Glad to hear Powerchip & Evo got your car back to normal.

Hahahah... I can just imagine the poor soul who pulls next to you and wants a piece... Wave bye bye...

Originally Posted by BENZGal
I don't have time to go into detail about my car. I'm sitting at the airport and my plane is being delayed due to a broken gas cap. SCARY! We are leaving in a few min and I am on my sidekick.

Yes Victor you heard it right... NOS! They are going to install it on the horn. I would hate to be the poor fool in front of me that pisses me off and causes me to hit the wrong horn side by mistake. LMAO

Powerchip flashed my ECU and Evo was able to dyno it after that. Simon from Evo told me that they are having tons of problems with the 05 & 06's. Mercedes and BMW. I know that to be true cause I had to go pick up a part last week from Bob Smith BMW on an 05M5 that got reflashed as well. They are not sure it's the ECU upgrade or some other hidden program being put in the new cars. It has also been hit and miss on our cars. Some have problems and some don't?

Victor.. they haven't had a chance to port your old TB. The last shop they used made mistakes. They are trying to find a new one. Should be done this week. I should have had VRP port it for me.

Gotta go guys I guess they got a gas cap and this side kick sucks for long stuff.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
You said it in the first sentence. I am directing nothing at you. If you read my serious posts about this topic, I WAS THE ONE THAT SAID YOU have EVERY right to demand the power. I do not disagree that there are concerns or anything. What I have had issues with all along is Ted's incesent claims of do this do that, when it is WRONG. So, now when he continues to spew at me (making it personal), I am throwing his own words back. I never said that it was not easy to return to old days, I said it was NOT A SOLUTION!! If you think as Ted does that this is a simple conspiracy by MB to kill the tuners, then you need to rethink it. I am glad you think Ted is doing research, but I'd only consider it such IF the study protocol was valid.
Watch where you go with questioning my contacts and info, because again that is getting personal and I would be happy to add you to the club of those that have their own foot in their mouth. Call BS on me when you want, but just make sure you are ready to go back and forth with FACTS because I will come loaded.

This thread was off topic after the first post. You think I want you guys to have ANY issues? I'm not that type, even if it seemms it. In fact, had the attitude not been different, you may have had more cooperation. Keep one thing VERY clear in your mind. MB has EVERY right to protect their liable position. It is your car and you are free to do with it as you wish. However, understand that you are the one letting MB off the hook with each and every deviation from their DTBs.

Get Ted to stop attacking me and I'll leave your little group of haters alone. How about we start a new forum for the 55K cars that have no power? That way you guys can whine in a roome and the rest of us can enjoy our cars. (That was personal for you). See, it does **** you off as do your comments.
no need to get all "tough-guy" and tell me to "watch what i say cause you'll come loaded". i could choose to get dirty with you but i'd rather not...it's unproductive. i just call it like i see it and at this point, besides you saying your car wasn't affected, you haven't contributed anything to the topic except turmoil and muddy water. since you're not willing to help just leave it as that and let us worry about a solution. your cooperation in that manner would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Chriomikey & Ted,
I appreciate your advice about reflashing the ECU Ted. My tuner is aware of all the issues and already had the reflash solution before I told them. That is what we pay them for right? I agree that we all have our loyalities to these tuners and we must limit what we say. It will be one hell of a race.
Mikey...I have a chiropractor in my family and put them thru Palmer West in San Jose. I'm partial to Chiro's. =) I also know about Gonstead. LOL

Jangy,
You know I like you, but I take offense to your post. I told you guys my car would dyno after the reflash, I didn't tell you it was problem free! I don't think any of our issues with modifed cars after the reflash are tuner related! I agree with Ted about finding a good tuner. I know that Ted and I are in good hands and everything will be fine. I would be happy to join the new forum of whiners.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.............You are funny. One day you may wish to re-read some of the stuff you have posted. I am not the only one that has noticed your rants. At first I thought you were just purposefully being an agitator, but it looks like you are naturally obnoxious. Time for me to hit the ignore button.

Ted
It is completely natural.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Chriomikey & Ted,
I appreciate your advice about reflashing the ECU Ted. My tuner is aware of all the issues and already had the reflash solution before I told them. That is what we pay them for right? I agree that we all have our loyalities to these tuners and we must limit what we say. It will be one hell of a race.
Mikey...I have a chiropractor in my family and put them thru Palmer West in San Jose. I'm partial to Chiro's. =) I also know about Gonstead. LOL

Jangy,
You know I like you, but I take offense to your post. I told you guys my car would dyno after the reflash, I didn't tell you it was problem free! I don't think any of our issues with modifed cars after the reflash are tuner related! I agree with Ted about finding a good tuner. I know that Ted and I are in good hands and everything will be fine. I would be happy to join the new forum of whiners.
What part of my post do you take offense at? Just that i am taking it OT? I never meant any of it at you or the tuners. I also never thought any of our cars were problem free, so dunno. Did I deny you had an issue? Anyhow, sorry.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
no need to get all "tough-guy" and tell me to "watch what i say cause you'll come loaded". i could choose to get dirty with you but i'd rather not...it's unproductive. i just call it like i see it and at this point, besides you saying your car wasn't affected, you haven't contributed anything to the topic except turmoil and muddy water. since you're not willing to help just leave it as that and let us worry about a solution. your cooperation in that manner would be greatly appreciated.
Ok, I'll leave it be and I know I haven't contributed to the post. I didn't mean to side rail any actual solution. I guess I got caught up in the lies...
Old 08-05-2006, 03:34 AM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
wow, are you a chiro also...or just a really informed patient? i do mainly use gonstead but with a hint of diversified. i guess i'm a "mixer".

Hey, yes im a Chiro also, but mainly Diversified. I think in Australia you'll find more diversified practitioners than Gonstead, but there are more Gonny Guys in the states yes?

Wow, Jangy, this is the second apology post ive read of yours today! Its easier to flame and stir the pot than it is to apologise, so respect to you!
(or is this just happy Jangy at the moment? hehe jokes)
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 AM

I read this post and the first thought I had was, this is one group of paranoid guys, then I started to think about it, if true why would MB actively seek and flag modified cars. Then it hit me, at 54 my brain doesn’t work as fast as it use too, it’s a warranty issue, exceed the HP/ torque rating of the vehicle and components like engines and transmissions start to wear and fail prematurely, an added cost the MB $$$$$$$$

As a transmission tech and shop owner I am always looking for technical information which would aid me in diagnosing my customers’ drivability complaints, in doing so I found this. A MB training technical document.

Flashing and Software Calibration Number ( SCN)

“SCN coding identifies control unit software and coding conforming to vehicle”

SCN is required

* After flashing Fuel control unit (ME) or Electronic transmission controller *

After replacement of ME or ETC

Required by law, can be find if not done

Vehicle may not function correctly if not preformed

* Prevents after market performance enchantments*

In Future additional control modules will require SCN coding

They are also scanning for transmission control module performance enchantments

Old 08-05-2006, 09:13 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Where did this come from? Also is there anymore info?
It specifically states* Prevents after market performance enchantments*

WOW
Old 08-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by sly55
Hey, yes im a Chiro also, but mainly Diversified. I think in Australia you'll find more diversified practitioners than Gonstead, but there are more Gonny Guys in the states yes?

Wow, Jangy, this is the second apology post ive read of yours today! Its easier to flame and stir the pot than it is to apologise, so respect to you!
(or is this just happy Jangy at the moment? hehe jokes)
Nah, its all me. I gguess I've just built up some animosity for Ted and I took it out on the thread without realizing the effects it has on others (i.e. chiromikey and especially BENZGal). Actually, i don't even know that I should have an issue with Ted either, maybe we just got started that way. At any rate, I apoligized in the other thread, since it was actually a reference from ages ago and you finally responded in kind not long ago. I didn't know what your issue was, so I assumed it to be personal and came at you. Then, when I read your post last night (ala racism), i realized you just labeled me as an ahole and treated me that way when our paths crossed. That is my fault so i apologized. Same goes here. I did distract the intent of the thread. Even if I think I was defending myself, I did mess with OTHER people's activities and so I am sorry for that. Simple.
I am an extremist. i either like you, don't care, or hate you. There are few other grades, so it may seem that I bounce back and forth (i.e.polar). Even now, i am being calm. But as soon as somebody says something that I interpret as personal I am sure that I will JUMP. Hopefully, it is lesson learned (by me) and I do it in a better way. That is why I have become quite the experienced ahole.

Sorry for the OT AGAIN. I just want to clarify and help.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Originally Posted by C32AMG/02
I read this post and the first thought I had was, this is one group of paranoid guys, then I started to think about it, if true why would MB actively seek and flag modified cars. Then it hit me, at 54 my brain doesn’t work as fast as it use too, it’s a warranty issue, exceed the HP/ torque rating of the vehicle and components like engines and transmissions start to wear and fail prematurely, an added cost the MB $$$$$$$$

As a transmission tech and shop owner I am always looking for technical information which would aid me in diagnosing my customers’ drivability complaints, in doing so I found this. A MB training technical document.

Flashing and Software Calibration Number ( SCN)

“SCN coding identifies control unit software and coding conforming to vehicle”

SCN is required

* After flashing Fuel control unit (ME) or Electronic transmission controller *

After replacement of ME or ETC

Required by law, can be find if not done

Vehicle may not function correctly if not preformed

* Prevents after market performance enchantments*

In Future additional control modules will require SCN coding

They are also scanning for transmission control module performance enchantments

Very Interesting! Do you know when that tech doc was published?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
But as soon as somebody says something that I interpret as personal I am sure that I will JUMP. .
your car wears army boots

I really hope Glassjaw or another MB insider gets some insight into this deal....Ted had code showing Torque Limit intervention.....we need a fix. I don't want to install any uogrades until I know more....

Last edited by vader; 08-05-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by E552006
Where did this come from? Also is there anymore info?
It specifically states* Prevents after market performance enchantments*

WOW

It’s a PDF, how can I post it.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Very Interesting! Do you know when that tech doc was published?

The date on the pdf is 2/18/04,. I did a double take when I found it.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM

2020 G550
Originally Posted by C32AMG/02
It’s a PDF, how can I post it.
You can upload the file using the "Manage Attachments" button just under the reply text body.
Max file size is 1.14 megs though.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:09 PM

It does not accept a PDF form. The file is 612.86 KB. Any other ideas.

Thank you.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 PM

2020 G550
Tech guys??? Help.
I think you may be able to do a screen capture and save it as a JPEG.
I can't remember the Windows comand for this though.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Hit the button on your keyboard that says Print Screen. Then go and open up Microsoft Paint and hit Ctrl+V.

That will paste your screen as an image. Save it then post that screen capture for us.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:09 AM

2020 G550
Originally Posted by t-bone
Hit the button on your keyboard that says Print Screen. Then go and open up Microsoft Paint and hit Ctrl+V.

That will paste your screen as an image. Save it then post that screen capture for us.

Thanks.

Thanks t-bone
It was somewhere up there in my head, I just couldn't extract it
Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 PM

http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...%202-18-04.pdf

It took me three days to post this:
Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 PM

2020 G550
Hmmm...after reading this it makes me wonder if MB has not properly tuned this new software for the older vehicles. In particular these two things come to mind. They mention that this is necessary for 03 and beyond models. What if the 03 and 04's have some older software components in them. The document goes on to say that if not done correctly, some features of vehicle will become inoperable. I say, MB screwed something up with this flash that is killing certain perameters of the older vehicles that have older ECU's.
Read the page 6 that pertains to SCN's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my re-flash done and.....