DYNO Procedures...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
DYNO Procedures...

Guys...How do I dyno my car ??? Preparation...

Called Dyno shop , they said it will take 3-4 hours...

I need to know full details...How to put on DYNO mode, which gear, till what speed, which RPM, how do I press the throtle, do I need to cool the car...how many runs etc...

Never done that before

Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Here is how you set an SLK55 in dyno mode. The same goes for the W211's just the screen looks different.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=dyno+mode

Also, do the pulls in 4th gear... its a direct drive.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
dynoing

M5 RUS,

Do you know what type of dyno it is?

I've gone to 3 different types now.

First was a dynojet ... highest hp numbers by far. They just hooked up the car and put mine in 4th gear manual mode. (7speed so don't know what gear to use for 5speed)
They did 3 pulls and let the car cool down a bit between runs.

2nd was a mustang load bearing dyno. Lowest HP numbers by far. Again the same thing hooked up the car and did 3 pulls in 4th gear manual mode.

3rd type was Dynopack. This is the type where they remove the 2 rear wheels and hook up the machines directly. For this dyno we had to get the gear ratio and diameter of the tires. Then we had to do some runs to make sure that the rpms were aligned ... ex machine showing 2500 ... car showing 2500. Then we again did the pulls in 4 gear manual mode.

They should know what to do ... except the dyno mode part. For the first 2 types they did the runs ... for the dynopack I was sitting in the car doing it. Pretty much he told me to punch it and just left off the gas when he told me to. He said something about 4 secs then the dyno computer would control the RPM and do a full run with me full throttle??? All I remember is that the computer would seem to slow it down to exactly 2500 and then let off control. For RPM it should be whatever your redline is or what your tuner suggests. I was going to 6400 rpm.

BTW make sure that they have a big fan(s) not a tiny one to reproduce wind.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Here is the info on dyno mode for ya.

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-

For my Klee runs and my recent runs on a Dynojet 248.

Do runs in 4th gear. Put it in M mode and have the guy be ready to start the dyno. Slowly get it rolling until you can change gears up to 4th. Should be able to do it rolling about 30mph or less.

Once you hit forth, signal the dyno guy to begin and have him signal you that you can punch it. Then just let her do her thing. You can take it up to redline if you like though some guys don't as it adds heat and just drops off as you get closer. If you wanna take it up to redline, you will feel the fuel pump limit/rev limiter kick in and just let off the gas and let her wind down.

It creates such massive heat, unless you wanna wait quite awhile, I would just pause for 5-10 mins and do it again. If you have the time, try more time between, but it's just so much friggin heat, it's hard.

Make sure he has a monster fan on the front. If he does not, you are going to get heatsoak so fast you won't get but 2 runs max before power drops off a lot.

Just my humble 2 cents at what they did at Klee.

Be sure to post those results.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Jakpro thanks for your help...

Not sure about which DYNO it is...It only 5 months old...

They told Me there only 4 of those kind of Dynos in the world...

One is US, 2 in Australia and 1 in Russia...

Will go to DYNO on Friday and will post results later...