W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car has developed a severe "wiggle" under load.... Toe links FAILED??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
AMG's and M cars both suffer the same issues of homogeneousness. Unless someone knows a lot about cars, they can't tell my M5 from a 530 until they're reading my badges. Then there's the new BMW FACTORY kit that makes everyone's 530/545/550/whatever look like an M5. Some guy in a Golf GTI tried to race me the other day and when we got to a light he was laughing his a$$ off. The guy pulled down his window and said "I didn't even know that was an M5!" Sucks for us I guess. Honestly though we could all be driving Yellow Z06's and Vipers, but I enjoy being under the pigs' radar.
Yes you are right looks wise they all are the same now.... which is kind of sad.

But what bugs me most is the fact that MB never changes suspension parts any more. Springs and shocks are nice but thats for a sport package car like say a C350 sport. When you add 200 hp, bigger wheels, massive brakes, etc I think the cars suspension needs an upgrade. The M5 has all this and its a 4 door slot car but an E55 is a 4 door Mercedes with a massive motor. You of all people can relate to that.

As for my car I have no news other than to say I was insane and the car is 100% FINE. The shop foreman and n I went blasting around all morning and he never felt a thing. Granted it was worse before but its fine now. He put the car on the lift and took a pry bar to all the links to check and all were tight. He re tightened the toe link to make sure and said you likely need new rear tires and an allignment. That could be the truth being that I have been messing with the ride height via star diag. for a while now and changed it a whole bunch last week.

Boring stuff huh? No fun news. But I will go ahead and get all that stuff fixed and then see how the car feels.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Yes you are right looks wise they all are the same now.... which is kind of sad.

But what bugs me most is the fact that MB never changes suspension parts any more. Springs and shocks are nice but thats for a sport package car like say a C350 sport. When you add 200 hp, bigger wheels, massive brakes, etc I think the cars suspension needs an upgrade. The M5 has all this and its a 4 door slot car but an E55 is a 4 door Mercedes with a massive motor. You of all people can relate to that.
If the E55 had a half decent suspension then BMW wouldn't sell any M5's. With all that torque, I find it really surprising. Its like a throwback to old school Nova's and Chargers. But then again I have to do something really crazy (read: dumb) to get the same smile on my face that you guys get every time a light turns green.