W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Any E63 owners in LA: FREE drag day! Face off with an M5 & E55s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006 | 04:45 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Some might,but I wont be.I like the new 63's but Im sticking with the 55 due to the modding capabilities.Im very curious to see how it does though.
Yeah, I'm not wishing the E63 to do anything other than its best and continue the Beast tradition. If it beats the E55 stock, so be it... like I've said many times, I'm guessing these cars are very very close to one another... and that the 63 marks a fundamental shift in AMG branded cars, more than just an increase in performance.

Obviously, the 63 just set the benchmark. AMG isn't just altering... they are "making" from the ground up. What that means to future models is undeniable.

And if it doesn't beat the E55, I know it won't be by much. The point is its the beginning of a whole new dimension of AMG... and I'm all for that!

So, don't feel like people's E55 dreams are riding on your E63s performance. I think every one at this event is a car nut, and as such, we respect and value progress more than anything else.

I mean, its not like AMGs sales of the E63 over the next year are riding on this event... which will be broadcast live via webcast all over the world... or ARE THEY? HAHAHA... just kidding.

If Car and Driver shows up, well, that'll be interesting... you'll be famous. I'm just glad you're coming... you've really rounded out the event and made it complete.

Loren