W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:39 PM
Nij

2005 Black/Black E55
Tire Question

On the way to work this morning, my tire pressure monitor goes crazy and I see the PSI's going down 1 per second, i fly off the highway and get to a gas station. When I change the tire....I see I shredded the rear...I guess "ESP OFF" isn't too good for your tires....anyway, I'm trying to buy new tires, is there anywhere else to get better prices than TireRack??? I've been calling local tireshops, and their prices are REAL bad...just wanted to see where you guys get your tires, thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2006 | 01:54 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Tire Rack is where I get mine.
Old 08-25-2006 | 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by Nij
On the way to work this morning, my tire pressure monitor goes crazy and I see the PSI's going down 1 per second, i fly off the highway and get to a gas station. When I change the tire....I see I shredded the rear...I guess "ESP OFF" isn't too good for your tires....anyway, I'm trying to buy new tires, is there anywhere else to get better prices than TireRack??? I've been calling local tireshops, and their prices are REAL bad...just wanted to see where you guys get your tires, thanks in advance.

Wow...Had a Flat on the way to work this Morning...Once I could make it off to the shoulder..the tire was destroyed !oh and the stock 16 inch spare does NOT Clear the Brakes..Americas Tire had One in Stock...
$400.00 later back to work
Old 08-28-2006 | 10:00 AM

'10 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
the stock 16 inch spare does NOT Clear the Brakes
Wow - is this true?! Has anyone else noticed this? Why would they put a spare in the trunk that won't fit?? This is a big problem, as I see it!
Old 08-28-2006 | 11:40 AM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
I bought my PS2's at Discount Tire Direct, shipping was free so it was cheaper than tire rack and they didn't charge me sales tax like tire rack would have. $1068 for a set of 4 stock size.
Old 08-28-2006 | 12:09 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Nij
Discount Tire has good price! Deal straight w/the manager.
Old 08-28-2006 | 12:14 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by oblax4
Wow - is this true?! Has anyone else noticed this? Why would they put a spare in the trunk that won't fit?? This is a big problem, as I see it!
Some of us do not even have a spare, just a fancy "fix-o-flat."

When I eventually shred a tire, I guess that I can use the fix-o-flat as glue to put the pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I purchased my PS2's at Costco. I don't recall the price. They usually don't keep them in stock. It took two days for Costco to have a set delivered.

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2006 | 01:21 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
i was planning for new tires on the stocks wheels, too. how about the bridgestone s03's. i have them on my kinesis 19" and they seem to be great, but a little loud. any similar tires out there, that'll get me the same performance, or even better? btw are the stock tires sizes 245/40-18
265/35-18? was planning to buy tires online from tirerack or discounttiredirect.com
thank you