11-99 Foundation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
11-99 Foundation

How many of you guys have the 11-99 frame on your cars and has it ever come in handy when getting pulled over?

Seriously considering getting one for the beast!

mike
Old 09-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
considering too, but cost...close friend of 20 yrs. is very sr. in chp (LA region) and is my sponsor. have had the packet application sitting at home for awhile trying to decide. first, think for good cause given the charity side, but have heard mixed reviews if a tkt saver? any thoughts there-thanks...
Old 09-02-2006, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Don't get it for the reason of getting out of tickets, get it if you want to help donate to the CHP fund. If you want to get out of tickets buy a V1.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by m52e55
considering too, but cost...close friend of 20 yrs. is very sr. in chp (LA region) and is my sponsor. have had the packet application sitting at home for awhile trying to decide. first, think for good cause given the charity side, but have heard mixed reviews if a tkt saver? any thoughts there-thanks...
Its a great cause and I have had the CHP give me the hey slow down look and then go on and pull the car in front of me over for going the same speed.

If you are just speeding in a safe manner it likely will help but if you are doing 90+ etc you will maybe just get written up for a less egreous ticket.

The man that sponsored me for the 11-99 foundation said that he were pulled over going home from work at 11 pm going in excess of 90 mph and the officer asked him some questions about where he was going, where work was located, where home was located, and then said hey I know its been a long day but please slow down a bit and drive safely. He was just speeding alone not being a hazardous driver so no ticket was really needed I guess.

I joined several moths back and I was lucky enough to get in before the cost of joining went up to 5k (forget the exact figure) for the lifetime member. It used to be 1.7k but you had to have your application in by a deadline I have now forgotten.

Not that the cost should keep you from joining. Its a great cause and it helps the families of those CHP officers who were killed in the line of duty. The real cause is to help the families and the plate frame is just a perk. It might help it might not. While we all get angry with the CHP at one point or another but they do serve a valuable role and they do keep the freeways safe for everyone (at their own expense sometimes).

I do a great deal of driving and I often see a CHP officer doing a traffic break, standing in the middle of the road helping a motorist in trouble, or pulling over someone who is just driving like a freak. Giving back to people that help us is not something those with some extra money should think twice about. Its a good cause with a very generous following.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-02-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Its Like a master Badge..It has worked for me...

Was pulled over on PCH for speeding...Was told to watch my speed and have a nice day..Oh and a Thank You for the support of the 1199

BTW I Do NOT use the 1199 Frame
Old 09-02-2006, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
Mark,

when did you join and did the lifetime donation amount change? seems like considerable increase if above (reply) is true? thanks.