Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High-speed shift question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High-speed shift question

I have taken my car to speeds of around 130mph twice now and the car seems to shift funny, there is a slight hesitation and then a shift into gear that feels weird, has anybody experienced this? BTW i was speeding at night with no one on the highway, i could not resist the temptation.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by SWIFT55
I have taken my car to speeds of around 130mph twice now and the car seems to shift funny, there is a slight hesitation and then a shift into gear that feels weird, has anybody experienced this? BTW i was speeding at night with no one on the highway, i could not resist the temptation.
The trigger shifts are delayed. Just how it is on the MBs. hope that helps. Fastest shifting is in S mode with foot to the floor and leave all buttons alone. it will go to redline and pop up. If you try to manual shift, you must get your timing down and do the actual input BEFORE you expect a shift or you will bounce off the limiter.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jangy but the issue seems to be a very hard yet slightly delayed shift that does not resemble or feel like all the other shifts. I have never used the manual mode all this happens in auto mode. May be i should just try slowing down