W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New E55 owner with questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 11:30 PM

CL65
New E55 owner with questions

Just purchased a 2005 E55 and have some questions. My climate control panel is different from either shown in my manual. Not that big of a deal but I was wondering about the residual heat/ventilation feature. Seems like a neat feature but guess I don't have it unless it is activated in a different way. Anyone know if this is correct? I have an LCD in the center of the panel which is not shown in the book.

This car came with a radar detecter the original owner must have installed. The dealer I bought the car from never mentioned it and I didn't discover it until today( bought the car yesterday).
I'm wondering what kind it is. It has two red LED lights behind the instrument panel cover on either side above the clock and tach. A small dual knob operates it with a LED next to the knob. The inside knob turns it on and off. If you turn the knob to the left the LED by the knob is orange. If you turn it on by turning the knob to the right the LED is green. When you turn it on the two LEDs in the instrument panel flash together and separately with an audible alert. When I drove the car home I used my Valentine. Any guesses?

Lastly for now, I would like to know about the traction under a full throttle launch. I was under the impression that there would be severe wheel spin when in sport mode with this type launch. I don't get a lot of spin, but the traction control light does come on a couple of times and there is some spin. I tried the ECU reset from another thread and it did make a difference but not in wheel spin. Do you have to put it in manual mode to defeat the traction control?

Oh, this car is still seriously fast and I love it. I had an Audi S4(2000) that had been modified a bit and would turn in the low 13's. This car feels much faster.

Last edited by waxking1; 09-10-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by waxking1
Just purchased a 2005 E55 and have some questions. My climate control panel is different from either shown in my manual. Not that big of a deal but I was wondering about the residual heat/ventilation feature. Seems like a neat feature but guess I don't have it unless it is activated in a different way. Anyone know if this is correct? I have an LCD in the center of the panel which is not shown in the book.

This car came with a radar detecter the original owner must have installed. The dealer I bought the car from never mentioned it and I didn't discover it until today( bought the car yesterday).
I'm wondering what kind it is. It has two red LED lights behind the instrument panel cover on either side above the clock and tach. A small dual knob operates it with a LED next to the knob. The inside knob turns it on and off. If you turn the knob to the left the LED by the knob is orange. If you turn it on by turning the knob to the right the LED is green. When you turn it on the two LEDs in the instrument panel flash together and separately with an audible alert. When I drove the car home I used my Valentine. Any guesses?

Lastly for now, I would like to know about the traction under a full throttle launch. I was under the impression that there would be severe wheel spin when in sport mode with this type launch. I don't get a lot of spin, but the traction control light does come on a couple of times and there is some spin. I tried the ECU reset from another thread and it did make a difference but not in wheel spin. Do you have to put it in manual mode to defeat the traction control?

Oh, this car is still seriously fast and I love it. I had an Audi S4(2000) that had been modified a bit and would turn in the low 13's. This car feels much faster.
if you want the wheels to spin turn off the ESP (traction control) they will spin for sure trust me!
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:34 AM

CL65
I feel dumb for that one. I thought the traction control went off when you switched to sport mode. I now see where the switch is. When I still saw the light come on I knew something was wrong. I doubt I can launch any quicker, just wanted to see the difference. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:39 AM

03 E55
not sure about the radar detector, but the later E55's were "decontented" a bit and I think the HVAC rest button was discontinued. someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 09-23-2006 | 11:18 AM

97 E Klasse 420 Sport/ 90 Honda Accord EX/97 Impreza Coupe
how do you disable the traction control?
Old 09-23-2006 | 11:37 AM

CL65
ESP button on center console to the right of flasher and doorlock button.
Old 09-23-2006 | 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by DarkStar
not sure about the radar detector, but the later E55's were "decontented" a bit and I think the HVAC rest button was discontinued. someone correct me if I'm wrong...
I have no HVAC rest feature in my 06 built in August 2005.
"Decontented" I love that word. Sounds better than "We chose to eliminate useful features, but we will still charge you the same or more money" Gotta love this new method of speaking.