W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a Dealer to make changes-now what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Red face Found a Dealer to make changes-now what?

I found a dealer who will change octane setting and reset fan temperature. My car is completely stock. Is there any reason I shouldn't make changes? Has anyone had a bad experience?

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I got more speeding tickets...
Old 09-16-2006, 12:39 AM

E55
Originally Posted by Coalman
I found a dealer who will change octane setting and reset fan temperature. My car is completely stock. Is there any reason I shouldn't make changes? Has anyone had a bad experience?

Thanks.

I love it on my car. I can feel it is faster (maybe psychological), at least it smokes the tire easier than before. One benefit is it will feel faster all the time not when it is cold out. Secondly, it allows the engine to run colder so a little safer and push off the heat soak issue a little longer.

On the bad side, the car will be much louder due to the fan coming on. Inside the car, you won't be able to hear it much though. It is very noticeable outside the car.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
octane

Just make sure that if you perm select the 93 octane that you always have that octane or higher. Yours is a kompressor motor so the timing advance should at least be noticable.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
First thing I would do is keep that dealers name out of the threads,its hard to find a friendly dealer like that.Send a PM if need be to tell somebody.

Do you really need the oct setting done?Can you get high enough octane on a daily bases to satisfy your car.Detonation can be deadly on a SC car and quick like too.Your not going too see a night and day difference like you might be suspecting,suttle yer but not a WOW effect.Now pulleys will give you the WOW effect.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Well I got both Mods done and it may be just pure excitement but I swear my car felt a lot quicker when they changed the Octane setting, and definitely ran much leaner and quicker. In respect to the fan setting you really don't need to set it at 10 degrees, I set my fan at 7 degrees, it was the quietest setting anything above 8 made a lot of noise.