Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:47 PM
HSH
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
63 Back, Problem Solved

Well guys, some of you heard my bad news on my last thread and guessed a few things it could have been.. well, it wasn't the fuel pump but the electrics leading to the pump. Service manager looked at me and said I'll show you somthing but its 'Top Secret'. Basically there were three screws, one that was causing the problem was soo unscrewed i was gonna be sick.. I looked at him and said i'm callin Germany and he said its NOT WORTH IT.. guess embarrasment comin out and didn't want me to spread news.
Anyways she's back, Now the question is do i wait for the 1st 1000 miles before i kick it properly or do i wait and run it in as in under 5000 RPM.

Thanx

HSH
Old 09-15-2006, 11:07 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Remember this...lol

09-13-2006, 08:42 PM #7
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Posts: 3,355 Sorry. did you get a malfunction message? Have them check the wiring to the fuel pump for a loose connection, this has happened to a new E55 before.

2007 PORSCHE 997 CARRERA "S"
Estimated completion date 9/20/06

Carrara White/Black
2007 Twin Turbo Forged 19" rims
Leather Sport Seats
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Porsche Crest in Headrests
Self Dimming Mirrors
6 Speed

2005 TOUAREG
Silver/Black
Pkg 1
Pkg 2

Past MB's
2006 E55, 2004 CLK500, 2003 CLK500, 2001 CLK430, 2000 CLK430, 1999 CLK430, 1992 300CE.

Past Other Brands
Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette
Old 09-16-2006, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by RJC
Remember this...lol

MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry. did you get a malfunction message? Have them check the wiring to the fuel pump for a loose connection, this has happened to a new E55 before.

RJC

Nice! Any word on tomorrow's LOTO numbers?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:59 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Thumbs up I think I saw your car yesterday!

Originally Posted by HSH
Well guys, some of you heard my bad news on my last thread and guessed a few things it could have been.. well, it wasn't the fuel pump but the electrics leading to the pump. Service manager looked at me and said I'll show you somthing but its 'Top Secret'. Basically there were three screws, one that was causing the problem was soo unscrewed i was gonna be sick.. I looked at him and said i'm callin Germany and he said its NOT WORTH IT.. guess embarrasment comin out and didn't want me to spread news.
Anyways she's back, Now the question is do i wait for the 1st 1000 miles before i kick it properly or do i wait and run it in as in under 5000 RPM.

Thanx

HSH

Hey HSH,

I flew into London yesterday evening (15/9/06) and saw an E63 that looked just like yours, well based on the color I see in your Avatar, heading in the direction of Heathrow. I don't know what highway/road we were on. I was in a taxi heading from Heathrow into central London, and I saw it somewhere inbetween there. Time was maybe around 5pm. By any chance was that you?? What is that color? Designo Chablis? In any case, It looked very very nice and sounded awesome. It was just cruising, though I did see quite a lot of speed cameras on that stretch of road.

Post some more pics of your car!

addition: It was running on foreign plates definately not UK plates.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:18 PM

you should post some pictures of where this screw was loose so that others who may come across this again can tighten it up themselves. seems like an awful lot of hassle to have it flatbedded to the dealer, lose a day or so and angst over a brand new car just for a loose screw.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:06 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Nice! Any word on tomorrow's LOTO numbers?
I wish
Old 09-16-2006, 02:32 PM
HSH
Almost a Member!

E63 AMG
GMW that was me, was heading back from the Dealers.. Running on Foreign plates till i get the car Registered, bought it from Germany so plates you saw were temporary ones. what a coincidence. Amazing.
Simon, the pic he showed me was secret and he asked me not to share it with anyone, so sorry i aint got it, it went straight back into his drawer.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:30 PM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Thumbs up I was right!!!

Originally Posted by HSH
GMW that was me, was heading back from the Dealers.. Running on Foreign plates till i get the car Registered, bought it from Germany so plates you saw were temporary ones. what a coincidence. Amazing.
Simon, the pic he showed me was secret and he asked me not to share it with anyone, so sorry i aint got it, it went straight back into his drawer.
HSH,

Wow, it's a small world! To think it only as I was checking through the forum messages and it was your Avatar that made me make the connection. Really amazing! what are the chances! So it is Designo Chablis exterior paint, right?
Old 09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by HSH

Thanx

HSH

The service report goes back to Germany via the warranty claims department and the person who installed the item is docked on their pay.

Don't assume that Mercedes is so lame they won't do anything about it. It is a highly structured business and every nut, bolt and person is logged and recorded. (actual operational guideline)
Old 09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
HSH
Almost a Member!

E63 AMG
Benzmodz,
Stupid of me not to think that service reports go back to Germany, good you reminded me...

Thanx
Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by benzmodz
The service report goes back to Germany via the warranty claims department and the person who installed the item is docked on their pay.

Don't assume that Mercedes is so lame they won't do anything about it. It is a highly structured business and every nut, bolt and person is logged and recorded. (actual operational guideline)
Where did you hear or read that.Thats some literature that I would be interested in reading.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Where did you hear or read that.Thats some literature that I would be interested in reading.
I've never heard of it.

Btw, beat on it. It was born to be wide open.