Dealer ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i got most of my hp back and the load limiter "appears" to be removed. i'm still missing about 10-15hp/tq, i'm still upset about this whole situation, and more importantly, i'm still po'd about being lied to.
Do you think the load limiter will interfere with those trying larger throttle bodies? That is where I am most worried about the limiter.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by jangy
Do you think the load limiter will interfere with those trying larger throttle bodies? That is where I am most worried about the limiter.
i'm not modded so i really don't know. benzgal would probably be better able to answer that specific question.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
i'm not modded so i really don't know. benzgal would probably be better able to answer that specific question.
She's one big secret. I don't even know if she tried the bigger throttle body, yet. I'd hate to tear into my SC, etc. and end up with codes. 100 extra horses isn't worth that to me.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you haven't been flashed yet, have your ECU program off-loaded to a file. That way, you should be able to undo the reflash by flashing your original progam over it.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Torquey55
Is this a trick question? I honestly don't know the benefit from getting the flash done, can I demand that they don't do it?
Think I'm gonna reschedule my appointment & look for a dyno in the Orlando area. Anyone know a place? I want to do before & after dyno runs.

...........exactly! There is no benefit. Who owns the car, you or your dealer? You were just about to hand your *** to the dealer with tube of vaseline. Lets say this was your house, will you feel powerless just as powerless? Take ownership of your private property and direct what happens to it. Again, what is the reason you are allowing your ECu to be flashed?.......no reason. You are just doing it because a piece of paper said you should. Very obidient, huh? I seriously don't get it.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 09-21-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........exactly! There is no benefit. Who owns the car, you or your dealer? You were just about to hand your *** to the dealer with tube of vaseline. Lets say this was your house, will you feel powerless just as powerless? Take ownership of your private property and direct what happens to it. Again, what is the reason you are allowing your ECu to be flashed?.......no reason. You are just doing it because a piece of paper said you should. Very obidient, huh? I seriously don't get it.

Ted
I follow your logic here Ted and I agree. I just don't know if I raise hell about the re-flash with the dealer, they will still go ahead and do it anyways per MB instruction. Aren't we basically at their mercy on this? Does the fact that the car is leased give me less of a say in the matter?
Oh yeah, I prefer water soluble Astro-Glide not Vaseline when getting bent over at the dealer. It makes clean up much easier after getting violated.LOL
Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by waxking1
No real proof that the car is slower after the reflash.

Proof by deductive reasoning. Everyone that has actually tested their car(at the strip) has posted slower trap speeds after the flash. I only know this by reading the forum and from others who have posted.

Who has run their car, post-flash, at the strip and posted slower trap speeds? All I have seen on the board is speculation.

We had a 2005 and my 2006 E55 at our track day Monday. Both cars had the recall/flash done and ran consistent to previous days, taking weather into account. The flash didn't slow my car down. I have no idea of the effects on a modded car, since mine is stock.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Jrocket
This is the flash that has people talking.

Service Campaign #2006-030011
Ladies and Gentlemen after being terrified of Loss of power I am happy to say my car has not been flashed, thank you Lord...I just spoke to my service advisor here in NY and she checked, there is nothing related to reflash, ECU module, you name it, They did replace the relay for the Air Injection Pump, the pump was fine itself and was not giving any error codes. Just though i'd share my happiness. I did dyno my car and put 404 RWHP, which is right in sync with what I hear.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by WayneE
Who has run their car, post-flash, at the strip and posted slower trap speeds? All I have seen on the board is speculation.

We had a 2005 and my 2006 E55 at our track day Monday. Both cars had the recall/flash done and ran consistent to previous days, taking weather into account. The flash didn't slow my car down. I have no idea of the effects on a modded car, since mine is stock.

................understood. How many E55's have run in the 11's since April 2006.........don't worry. the answer is none. The closest was Dragon's car and guess what.........Kleemann reprogrammed ghis car after the flash. Ok, forget about that completely.....Were those cars you mentioned in your above post faster after the flash? Did they run smoother? Exactly what benefit did the cars get from the flash.So, what exactly was the flash for?..........waiting for answer.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 09-21-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
................understood. How many E55's have run in the 11's since April 2006.........don't worry. the answer is none. The closest was Dragon's car and guess what.........Kleemann reprogrammed ghis car after the flash. Ok, forget about that completely.....Were those cars you mentioned in your above post faster after the flash? Did they run smoother? Exactly what benefit did the cars get from the flash.So, what exactly was the flash for?..........waiting for answer.

Ted
Give me one or two weeks, you wait and see me hit 11's lol!

Don't forget Dragon's car did not break into the elevens given the ****ty track conditions, I am sure if given good conditions it will break high 11's. His C55k hit elevens, the E55k is much more powerful.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban

Ted

How many E55s ran in the 11s from May-Sept in 2005?

Why do you continue to bring up completely unrelated issues? Dragon's car ran poorly because of ****ty track conditions. Can he run 11s in the rain?!?! OMG WTF MB SLOWED HIS CAR DOWN!!!!! Have a drink and a smoke, Ted. Relax. Breathe deeply. You have lost all objectivity when looking at any data posted and are grasping to support your own opinions.

Manufacturers issue ECU updates CONSTANTLY. There are a variety of reasons for new ECU updates. In the case of the recall, an emissions device could fail without the update. Were there other updates bundled with the recall? Probably. Does anyone know for certain? Not yet. Does it negatively affect stock cars? Probably not. Has anyone proved it either way? I think so. Are you going to rabidly insist that MB is somehow involved in a conspiracy? Most likely.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

are you serious...all you have seen is speculation??? WTF!!! or are you saying that only 1/4 mile times matter and dyno's don't count?

Last edited by chiromikey; 09-21-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
How many E55s ran in the 11s from May-Sept in 2005?

Why do you continue to bring up completely unrelated issues? Dragon's car ran poorly because of ****ty track conditions. Can he run 11s in the rain?!?! OMG WTF MB SLOWED HIS CAR DOWN!!!!! Have a drink and a smoke, Ted. Relax. Breathe deeply. You have lost all objectivity when looking at any data posted and are grasping to support your own opinions.

Manufacturers issue ECU updates CONSTANTLY. There are a variety of reasons for new ECU updates. In the case of the recall, an emissions device could fail without the update. Were there other updates bundled with the recall? Probably. Does anyone know for certain? Not yet. Does it negatively affect stock cars? Probably not. Has anyone proved it either way? I think so. Are you going to rabidly insist that MB is somehow involved in a conspiracy? Most likely.

...........ok. you win. E55 k2's don't consistently run in the 11's. All those times on dragtimes.com were manufactured. No problem. this really has nothing to do with conspiracy. Post flash Mb's run slower trapspeeds. That information is either factual or not factual. The conspiracy if it exists only has to do with motive. I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I do know that E55's are running slower post flash. You were unable to state one single benefit from the flash. You response was........well Daddy knows best. I'll just do what Daddy says. By the way, I think Dragon's car ran very well. Had very high trapspeed.........because he had his ECu reprogrammed By Kleemann after the flash. Here are 25 11 sec runs from dragtimes.com since you are unfamiliar with E55's running in the 11's. I don't expect you to change your mind, but here is the info you are unfamiliar with. Enjoy!http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 09-21-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
...........ok. you win. E55 k2's don't consistently run in the 11's. All those times on dragtimes.com were manufactured. No problem. this really has nothing to do with conspiracy. Post flash Mb's run slower trapspeeds. That information is either factual or not factual. The conspiracy if it exists only has to do with motive. I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I do know that E55's are running slower post flash. You were unable to state one single benefit from the flash. You response was........well Daddy knows best. I'll just do what Daddy says. By the way, I think Dragon's car ran very well. Had very high trapspeed.........because he had his ECu reprogrammed By Kleemann after the flash. Here are 25 11 sec runs from dragtimes.com since you are unfamiliar with E55's running in the 11's. I don't expect you to change your mind, but here is the info you are unfamiliar with. Enjoy!http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Ted

Track conditions,elevation and weather have alot to do with those 11 second runs.Dragons car ran well for the conditions it was is.My car would have run somewhat better too,seeing how my IC pump hasnt been working for some time now.New pump hopefully this Monday and back to the dyno.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
...........ok. you win. E55 k2's don't consistently run in the 11's.

I've been to the track with a couple of K-whatever W211 E55s. They don't all consistently run 11s. Most have best times in the 11s, but there are a lot of guys still stuck in the 12s (due to driver, tire, prep or weather).

Post flash Mb's run slower trapspeeds. That information is either factual or not factual. The conspiracy if it exists only has to do with motive. I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I do know that E55's are running slower post flash.

I have not seen one W211 E55 owner with a stock car (I've only mentioned 10000x I'm referring to what I own, a stock car) post a timeslip where they were running slower post-flash in the same conditions. I may have missed it, so maybe they will jump into the thread and correct me?

You were unable to state one single benefit from the flash. You response was........well Daddy knows best. I'll just do what Daddy says.

Meds again, Teddy. Meds. Read what I wrote... walk away from the keyboard... come back... sip your drink... read again. Now, all better?

By the way, I think Dragon's car ran very well. Had very high trapspeed.........because he had his ECu reprogrammed By Kleemann after the flash. Here are 25 11 sec runs from dragtimes.com since you are unfamiliar with E55's running in the 11's. I don't expect you to change your mind, but here is the info you are unfamiliar with. Enjoy!http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Ted

I checked 5 or 6. The runs were either made in April or November, with temps ranging from mid 50s to mid 60s. Hrm, I think I found the mystery!!!!

Last edited by WayneE; 09-21-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:01 PM

CL65
This seems to be a sensitive subject. I need to stay away from the search resource.

I don't really know if there is evidence or not, I was just repeating what I had read in other threads. I do know, unless someone can give me a real good reason, then I don't want my ECU reflashed. If its not broke, don't fix it.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............this will never bee answered because like the E63, there will always be an excuse why the post flash E55's are slower. Of course as it gets colder, faster times will be had at the track but there has already been a general lowering of expectations. Last year every K2 car expected to be in the 11's. Not anymore. Besides those that have post flash Ecu problems hae had their cars corrected in some way. So to prove this, you'll have to find a post flash E55 K2 owner that refuses to correct his ECU and have that same person run in the 11's. I don't think there will be many. But that won't solve the problem either. This is kinda funny because those who will say that their car is safer being slower, so the flash was a good thing.

Ted
Old 09-21-2006, 06:43 PM

CL65
Doesn't the K2 have its own ECU upgrade Flash? Is it possible that the dealer ECU flash could do something that Kleeman couldn't undo with another flash?

I have more ECU questions. Does Mercedes provide Renntech with the ECU mapping? If so then Renntech should easily be able to correct anything that would be causing any HP loss. I assume that if this is true then Renntech is the only tuner that Mercedes gives this info to and that other tuners have to reverse engineer to figure out the mapping?

If the dealer reflashes an ECU that has been reprogrammed by Kleeman or Renntech(or anyone else) does it erase the custom programming and take it back to the stock settings? Can't the tuner just reflash it back the way it was? If they do then wouldn't it erase the dealers reflash?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Doesn't the K2 have its own ECU upgrade Flash? Is it possible that the dealer ECU flash could do something that Kleeman couldn't undo with another flash?

I have more ECU questions. Does Mercedes provide Renntech with the ECU mapping? If so then Renntech should easily be able to correct anything that would be causing any HP loss. I assume that if this is true then Renntech is the only tuner that Mercedes gives this info to and that other tuners have to reverse engineer to figure out the mapping?

If the dealer reflashes an ECU that has been reprogrammed by Kleeman or Renntech(or anyone else) does it erase the custom programming and take it back to the stock settings? Can't the tuner just reflash it back the way it was? If they do then wouldn't it erase the dealers reflash?
.............good questions. Yes your aftermarket Ecu program is erased. In some cases it is not possible for the tuner to reprogram the ECU because there are hidden codes from the reflash that prevent the aftermarket program from being re-installed. Further, in some cases even when when the tuner program is forced back in. The car begins to stall after 3-4000rpm.

Ted
Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 PM

CL65
This would make a good case for using Renntech for anyone that wants to do mods.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This would make a good case for using Renntech for anyone that wants to do mods.
i don't think mb provides anything to anyone, including renntech. another part of my conspiracy theory is that mb could be preventing anyone from tuning the ecu so that their up and coming amg studio can be the sole provider for working aftermarket amg upgrades.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
i don't think mb provides anything to anyone, including renntech. another part of my conspiracy theory is that mb could be preventing anyone from tuning the ecu so that their up and coming amg studio can be the sole provider for working aftermarket amg upgrades.

my theory as i posted before is they reflash ecu to slow down e55 so e63 would not look as slow as it is. Pretty gay.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM

Interesting thread.

I'm new here and just had a ride in my friend's new 06 E55. Very impressive car.

Thought about replacing my Lexus with an 03-04 E55 but I'm going to have to ponder all this reflash info before making a decision as I'm just learning about these cars.

Thanks;

Pat
Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
my theory as i posted before is they reflash ecu to slow down e55 so e63 would not look as slow as it is. Pretty gay.
+1 here. The only rational theory and probably the bottom line to this debate.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 PM

CL65
What about ordering a spare ECU? I know I read in another thread about each ECU being married to their car and that ECU not working in another car.
I'm sure their are legitimate reasons sometimes for having to get a new ECU so I would think if you ordered one then they would have to sell it to you.
You could use it when going in for service to be sure the reflash is not done to the original.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer ECU Reflash