W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Cold air is good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:39 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Cold air is good

After I got my E55 reflashed it seemed to slower but this was in the early summer. Last week we had a cool snap in Dixie and I felt like the old transmission reset was in order.

The beast is back. Stomping on it a 40MPH produced wheel spin like I remember.(I got a little sideways)

After driving like a maniac all day I really think that the reflash has not hurt my performance. If it has, not by much. My G meter is routinely hitting above .83G which is what my Vette with NOS used to do when I played games with it.

Fortunately for us stock guys I think with time the motor gets back to normal after the flash. I hope Kleeman figures out the rest soon. I'm headed to Colo Springs within a year or so if they do.
Old 09-22-2006 | 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I live here on a coastal city and even after the flash the car seems to run just as strong as before. I think people need to get their cars on some dynos to make sure though. But I can still smoke my tires like you said and still get a little chirp out of them at around 65mph or so if I just mash on the throttle.
Old 09-22-2006 | 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I live here on a coastal city and even after the flash the car seems to run just as strong as before. I think people need to get their cars on some dynos to make sure though. But I can still smoke my tires like you said and still get a little chirp out of them at around 65mph or so if I just mash on the throttle.

We dont need dyno's when post flash, the wheels wont squeel from a dead stop, in M mode. :-( There is something wrong. I have to pay 1k to kleeman to get my ECU upgraded. HOpefully they can solve my problems!
Old 09-22-2006 | 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AT SIXTY FIVE!? No way, I'm flashed and whereas the car definitely feels slower than before, I dont think I could break traction at that speed even before the flash. If you can do that you've got one strong running 55!
Old 09-22-2006 | 08:22 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Maybe the tires are pumped up, it's cold, and there's a little moisture will do it at 65 but mine won't do it dry with 32 psi in the rears.
Old 09-22-2006 | 08:27 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
We dont need dyno's when post flash, the wheels wont squeel from a dead stop, in M mode. :-( There is something wrong. I have to pay 1k to kleeman to get my ECU upgraded. HOpefully they can solve my problems!
I think you need to go to your dealer and complain. Keep doing it, rant and rave etc. Sometime if your against the wall, that works. Don' do it if you want to buy another car from them.

This works for me but I've bought 4 cars from the same dealership. That seems to carry some weight.
Old 09-23-2006 | 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Im running at 35psi on all 4 corners and the Pilot Sport A/S are almost bald so that helps

But im telling you guys the car still smokes the rear tires like before this air injection pump recall. If anything it seems to make launching the car easier and if I may say so a bit more pleasant to drive. But hey thats my opinion.