Sponsored by:

E55 K4 vs. M5 video coming soon at M5board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vic55
Maybe we should move it to off topic like other mods on other forums do? I just wonder at this point what is the validity of any video posted? I have no doubt that if the BMW prevailed the video would have been posted a long time ago, dont you think?
Move it to the m5board. Think it's more suitable that way.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
Lock it up and let him post again if he ever produces the video. At least that way we'll all stop wasting time looking for the video every time there is a new post.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hang him and stone him...................ahahaha.......i love how were all mean to this guy but we did give him a chance
Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Ill post a newe thread when its online, dont woiry guys.

Thanks for the intnerest.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:29 PM

ML350 '06
Son of A...I thought you finally posted the video!

Lock it up! Lock it up! Lock it up!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Maybe we should move it to off topic like other mods on other forums do?
Absolutely. Give gustav a taste of his own medicine; he's certainly done it to our guys for long enough!

I just wonder at this point what is the validity of any video posted? I have no doubt that if the BMW prevailed the video would have been posted a long time ago, dont you think?
Gustav always drags his feet on stuff like this. At one time, he had a video of an SL55 destroying an E39 M5, but took it down. I requested that he put it back up, and he kept saying he would, dragging his feet, but never did.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:11 AM

none
So... um... where's the video?

A video thread with no video, priceless.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
We all know what the outcome of this video will be - K4 winning early but M5 will pull on it at higher speeds.

Would be great if he posted and NOT ONE person even opened the thread LOL
Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I will do same video faster then HE post it...if it doesnt rain today
Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
4 pages...and still no vid...hmmm interesting...

I wonder if he will ever actually put up the video???
Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
i feel sad.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Ill say it again ...

Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
This thread loosened my stool.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:06 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by enzom
Folks -

The videos Gustav is posting are what they are - rolling start videos. We can watch them, or we can ignore them. When someone else wants to rent an airstrip and tape all these cars running from a dead stop, they can.

Do I believe that a stock 997 Turbo (or maybe even the Gallardo) would have slaughtered the modded M5 or the M6 from a dig? Yeah - even with Euro L/C, the M cars need to drive some length or wait some time before using it again, not to mention the odds of destroying a clutch from repeated use. Do I think Gustav knew that when deciding to have rolling start races? Of course.

I am not trying to defend Gustav at all. He and I have had our share of disagreements on his board. But this was his event. It is what it is. If some moron watches a video and thinks he can beat a K4 from a stoplight because (speculating here) the M6 started to close on the K4 at 245 kph, then he is a moron.

As for the K4 video, when it comes, it comes. I think Gustav is going to sell another one of his videos, and he is trying to drum up interest. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Sensible words Enzom and greatly appreciated. Nice to have some balance on this forum.

While I too disagree with many things that Gustav did at the time of the M5 launch, I also wish that we MB fans would stay just a tad objective, and not follow in his overhyped footsteps.

That being said, I still do enjoy reading Improviz's attacks on idiots like APK, they provide much entertainment, and keep us reading for months on end. It just so happened APK was a Bimmer nut, but he was an idiot and not well informed and deserved the ridculing he got.

But like you said in this case, Enzom - hey this was Gustav's event, and Gustav knows what he is doing, he is far from ingnorant, he has created a solid forum and he is actively involved in promoting the brand he loves. So he will show it in the best light he can. Nothing wrong with that at all. Got to give him credit for what he is doing - in fact it would be really awesome if we had someone on this forum step forward and do something similar - Oh yes I forgot we have that man already - its CHAPPY and his event coming up is going to be awesome - I hope you all attend.

We're all grown ups here and we all know where GUSTAV is coming from, and if we dont agree with him, no problem, lets get our data from other sources. So far no video of the MB vs M5/M6, yet half of this board is speculating that Gustav is trying fix / skew / the results - I dont buy into that at all.

I personally believe we will see video of various vehicles beating the Bimmers, and we will see videos of various vehicles losing to the Bimmers. And yes those races will be done on his terms, no big deal.

I for one am still looking forward to seeing them, irrespective of who wins. C'mon Gustav - lets see what ya got!

Last edited by siswati; 10-04-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:33 PM

Impro I have better things to do than finding 5 year old videos only because of YOU are requesting them. They went offline since hte band with was to ohigh. Now we thankfully have solutions. Oh, FYI it is members like you that makes me drag my feet and post a video of the F430 vs GT2 instead

Online ina second.

Originally Posted by Improviz
Absolutely. Give gustav a taste of his own medicine; he's certainly done it to our guys for long enough!

Gustav always drags his feet on stuff like this. At one time, he had a video of an SL55 destroying an E39 M5, but took it down. I requested that he put it back up, and he kept saying he would, dragging his feet, but never did.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:36 PM

Siswatein thanks for the nice words. I agree with them and you are genuine. A member you cna discuss with. Members than cannto be discussed with know who they are here, and they are also the ones that porevented many nice videos evenr been showed to the public again since they complained to a certain HQ. Just unbeleivable.

Anyway, the videos will come
Old 10-04-2006, 05:05 PM

05 E55
Originally Posted by Gustav
Siswatein thanks for the nice words. I agree with them and you are genuine. A member you cna discuss with. Members than cannto be discussed with know who they are here, and they are also the ones that porevented many nice videos evenr been showed to the public again since they complained to a certain HQ. Just unbeleivable.

ok, I'm used to the usual errors, and I bite my tongue as I rearrange letters in my head when I read these posts... but I can't figure out what porevented is. I'm sure its something simple, but I'm lame right now.

You're killing me!

Siswatein: You're so nice... you're like Switzerland! You are without a doubt one of the most PC people on here.

But as a current E55 owner and BMW owner (BMW for nearly two decades), I consider myself fairly objective as well... one reason I organized the Fontana event. I can only point out that everything surrounding Gustav tends to be drama driven, unscientific and biased. No offense Gustav, we've never spoken, but I do get tired of the drama you seem to enjoy creating.

WE at least had the nerve to set up an event, bring all the cars in, be nice, be fair, start from zero, scientifically measure the results, create pics and video and post them on this and other boards for the world to see collectively.

Sorry, but in our backyard we arranged a better production than this half assed, every so often, maybe tomorrow, bad camera angle, somewhere, somehow videos that we never end up seeing anyway type Gustav event.

ANYONE can do that, so why are you so impressed? Look at the nice spreadsheet. These are the best of well over 150 runs, sorted and organized for the mature inquiring mind. Oh, and all the videos and pictures were posted of every car within 2 days on this board for the world to see. What on earth would cause this hush hush K4 video to take so long? Why was the Kleemann post removed from this thread with them "unaware it was from a rolling start" and the air pressure being low? WHAT is with all this drama? Its one word:

Gustav

Loren
---------------------------------------
On a bad track, but at least it was scientific and not Gustavalistic:

Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 PM

CL65
This thread keeps popping back up, so I keep looking but seeing the video isn't that big a deal for me. I tend to read most of the active threads anyway. We already know the results and we also know that the camera work is poor. I could shoot better videos than the others I've seen posted.
What Gustav has is the cars and the track and I will watch his video if it ever comes out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Loren
ok, I'm used to the usual errors, and I bite my tongue as I rearrange letters in my head when I read these posts... but I can't figure out what porevented is. I'm sure its something simple, but I'm lame right now.
Loren, I was also confused by that terminology, so I completed a quick web search....hey, I'm always willing to learn something new.

My findings indicate that "porevented" is an actual word, or at least a lot of people seem to think it is.
  1. HERO GAMES Discussion Boards - Review of 5e up on RPG.net
    http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10053.phtml ... less for an attack which is porevented absiolutely by having any level of (say) ...
    www.herogames.com/forums/printthread.php?t=13097 - 24k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  2. Review of 5e up on RPG.net - HERO GAMES Discussion Boards
    Review of 5e up on RPG.net Hero System Discussion ... less for an attack which is porevented absiolutely by having any level of (say) ...
    www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13097&highlight=review - 107k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  3. james joyner
    Except then it would have porevented the building of several bombs. ... ARCHIVES. RECENT POSTS " RECENT POSTS ... Amir Taheri has an interesting op-ed in ...
    www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2006/04/iran_waiting_bush_out - 43k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  4. The Zimbabwe Situation
    The Zimbabwe Situation ... The ZIMBABWE Situation ... She said the act porevented the department from. commenting on individual refugees. ...
    www.zimbabwesituation.com/may18_2006.html - 184k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  5. 26,000 Katrina Evacuees to be Evicted at Gunpoint! | Redstate
    ... seems to assume that bush caused the hurricane or could have porevented it! ... Redstate. Jump To " Confirm Them / Crosstabs / Redstate Sports / Right Shelf ...
    kowalski.redstate.com/story/2006/2/11/194041/310 - 117k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  6. Holy smokes, the left is at it again! [Archive] - Page 2 - JREF Forum
    [Archive] Page 2 Holy smokes, the left is at it again! Politics, Current Events, and Social Issues ... and it wasn't the government that porevented them from listening to you. ...
    forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-4131-p-2.html - 182k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  7. Antonia's blog " Partial defences to murder
    Being missed in the current debate about revising the definitions of the ... of justice that could have been porevented by more awareness of the perpetrators ...
    www.antoniabance.org.uk/2005/12/20/partial-defences-to-murder - 30k - Cached - More from this site - Save
Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Rock
Loren, I was also confused by that terminology, so I completed a quick web search....hey, I'm always willing to learn something new.

My findings indicate that "porevented" is an actual word, or at least a lot of people seem to think it is.
  1. HERO GAMES Discussion Boards - Review of 5e up on RPG.net
    http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10053.phtml ... less for an attack which is porevented absiolutely by having any level of (say) ...
    www.herogames.com/forums/printthread.php?t=13097 - 24k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  2. Review of 5e up on RPG.net - HERO GAMES Discussion Boards
    Review of 5e up on RPG.net Hero System Discussion ... less for an attack which is porevented absiolutely by having any level of (say) ...
    www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13097&highlight=review - 107k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  3. james joyner
    Except then it would have porevented the building of several bombs. ... ARCHIVES. RECENT POSTS " RECENT POSTS ... Amir Taheri has an interesting op-ed in ...
    www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2006/04/iran_waiting_bush_out - 43k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  4. The Zimbabwe Situation
    The Zimbabwe Situation ... The ZIMBABWE Situation ... She said the act porevented the department from. commenting on individual refugees. ...
    www.zimbabwesituation.com/may18_2006.html - 184k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  5. 26,000 Katrina Evacuees to be Evicted at Gunpoint! | Redstate
    ... seems to assume that bush caused the hurricane or could have porevented it! ... Redstate. Jump To " Confirm Them / Crosstabs / Redstate Sports / Right Shelf ...
    kowalski.redstate.com/story/2006/2/11/194041/310 - 117k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  6. Holy smokes, the left is at it again! [Archive] - Page 2 - JREF Forum
    [Archive] Page 2 Holy smokes, the left is at it again! Politics, Current Events, and Social Issues ... and it wasn't the government that porevented them from listening to you. ...
    forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-4131-p-2.html - 182k - Cached - More from this site - Save
  7. Antonia's blog " Partial defences to murder
    Being missed in the current debate about revising the definitions of the ... of justice that could have been porevented by more awareness of the perpetrators ...
    www.antoniabance.org.uk/2005/12/20/partial-defences-to-murder - 30k - Cached - More from this site - Save

Rock forget about working on the car. Comedy is definitely something you excel at.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:54 PM

2006 E55
What's the over/under we never see it?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Gustav

Hmm, I put this post through the Svedish translator, yah, bork bork, and it came out as gibberish (or maybe that was Svedish)...but from what I can see, it would appear that you, Gustav, the king of censorship and banning people for, well, basically doing the same thing that you are doing here, are complaining about...being censored??

??????????????????????????????????????????

I'll say this for you: in addition to being the worst moderator I've ever seen on any of the car forums I've visited, and the most hypocritical, you also have the worst sense of irony as well. Congratulations!

Last edited by Improviz; 10-04-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:48 AM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by Improviz
Hmm, I put this post through the Svedish translator, yah, bork bork, and it came out as gibberish (or maybe that was Svedish)...but from what I can see, it would appear that you, Gustav, the king of censorship and banning people for, well, basically doing the same thing that you are doing here, are complaining about...being censored??

??????????????????????????????????????????

I'll say this for you: in addition to being the worst moderator I've ever seen on any of the car forums I've visited, and the most hypocritical, you also have the worst sense of irony as well. Congratulations!

Did someone say Swedish Chef!?...

http://media.putfile.com/Muppets---The-Swedish-Chef (be sure to crank your speakers!!! lol)

Gustav is the chickie in de basket...2 points! LOL!!!!

Last edited by Nickerz; 10-05-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
This thread loosened my stool.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M&M
Exodus, down under this side of the world a guy ran like 12.0 @ 119 in stock M5 on pump fuel on something ridiculous like 22" wheels or something. I believe it was around 88 deg & our tracks aren't well prepared for traction.

If you search the M5board I think you will find his post with the slip. He's from Australia so he has Euro spec LC.
Where is the timeslip and video to show this M&M?

Exodus has provided the proof with Timeslip AND Video of a stock E55 running flat 12

WHERE IS YOURS?

oh btw, a guy down here ran a 10 flat on his E46 M3 with cat back exhaust and 'bone stock' everything else

please dont ignore this post and hide like you normally do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 K4 vs. M5 video coming soon at M5board