San Diego this wkend the Jangy run formally Palomar run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
I can do either day. I'm also flexible on time. I prefer early, due to temp and traffic, but I know its hard to wake some up. We can even do an afternoon for all i care. You have people coming in from out of town or are you thinking MBWorld folks (as I do not thin any will show). The mysterious Palomar mountain is just too extreme for them. I'd love to hook up with your crew. That RUF was NICE!! Even if it was yellow. I'd be down for a semi-spirited ride, if they would join. We could loop accross Julian and end up at the Interstate 8.
Something came up and I have to be in LA on Sat but Sunday is good for me.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
Guys, how about doing this at the track.

Willow Springs Raceway is not that far away.

I would hate to see a headline in the morning paper --- "A bunch of Mercedes AMG drivers caused in accident, resulting in XX deaths........................"
Agree fully. I used to be out in the canyons driving a bit to quickly but I started thinking about rocks, people, other cars, bikers, motor bikes and realized that it was just far to stupid. I might go out for a drive these days but its at a much reduced pace.

Like Vadim says lets hit willow springs and let these cars really stretch their legs. 140 bucks for what 3-4 hrs of track time? Thats a deal in my book and pretty safe. Remember that at the track really bad things can happen.... Like the lady who lost it coming out of turn one and rolled her EVO MR 6-7 times before landing on the roof and being taken to the hospital with neck injuries. She is doing well now but even at the track bad things can happen.

Racing on the streets is pretty crazy and the article in the LA Times today talking about an M3 racing a CLK55 in OC puts this in clear light. The M3 lost control and rolled several times killing the driver and putting both his passengers in the hospital with serious injuries. The CLK driver is out on 100k bond and will be tried for street racing and likely other charges as well. Last thing anyone needs is to get hurt and the scary part is that if one of the cars in a Palamar run gets into a wreck the rest of the drivers could be held for contributing to the situation.

Willow Springs it is!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:00 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I can do either day. I'm also flexible on time. I prefer early, due to temp and traffic, but I know its hard to wake some up. We can even do an afternoon for all i care. You have people coming in from out of town or are you thinking MBWorld folks (as I do not thin any will show). The mysterious Palomar mountain is just too extreme for them. I'd love to hook up with your crew. That RUF was NICE!! Even if it was yellow. I'd be down for a semi-spirited ride, if they would join. We could loop accross Julian and end up at the Interstate 8.
Jangy, from the feedback you think this run was a grandturismo event!! looks like sunday is it, so 2k6e55 can make it.

To all tx for the word of cautions.

I just want to clarify that our spirited driving is not to the extreme that we push the limit, we are respectul of our environment and just enjoy our cars. There is no pressure to drive hard, it is just a great road with a lot of really tight turns so speed is limited and the straight-a-ways are maybe 1-3 minutes long. It allows you to feel the set up of the cars and make a great discussion afterwards.
Safe driving to all
Old 09-27-2006, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by 03c4s
Jangy, from the feedback you think this run was a grandturismo event!! looks like sunday is it, so 2k6e55 can make it.

To all tx for the word of cautions.

I just want to clarify that our spirited driving is not to the extreme that we push the limit, we are respectul of our environment and just enjoy our cars. There is no pressure to drive hard, it is just a great road with a lot of really tight turns so speed is limited and the straight-a-ways are maybe 1-3 minutes long. It allows you to feel the set up of the cars and make a great discussion afterwards.
Safe driving to all
Having been up palamar many times and gone with Jangy once I can say the driving pace is well above just a nice brisk speed. Granted people my feel in control but sometimes things do go wrong, somethings you can make an error and sometimes things get messy.

Just be safe and lets rent a real track not some lame drag strip! Willow springs track day is 4500-5000 a day so lets get on it!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
LOL, I do get the point from all ends. I'm totally down with a Willow Day, as I am sure so is 03C4s. I guess some clarification is appropriate here. The day that Cyn came was the first time we met in person. As you can tell he and I are both opinionated AND enthusiasts, so there were some pretty heated discussions that led up to that day.

For myself, my car was not nearly as balanced as it is now, but I did go to defend the name of the E55. If I remember correctly, our discussions began with arguments over the C32 vs E55 on a track (Willows) and led on to lighter cars vs heavier cars at Palomar. As it turned out, he recruited some Lotus cars to show up to put me in my place. I even remember something about a Yamaha R1 that was to show up as well (not from Cyn). At any rate, we met at the usual Chevron and rolled on. We get to the bottom of the mountain and stop at the exact same spot we always do. As we get ready to go, a Yamaha R1 flies by and leads the pack up the hill. I took the bait and was GONE. The yamaha rider was actually quite experienced and held an excellent pace all the way up. We set up the "event" by having the lotus lead me down the fast side and back up the steep side. Needless to say, the E55 did its thing and made minced meat of the lotus. From there the testosterone relaxed a bit and we actually began to enjoy the company and go for some "spirited" runs instead of full on racing. I gave a few rides in the e and ended up running off the road with Cyn in the passenger seat. So, I definitely must respect what he says from that aspect as he was actually in my car and subjected to the risk I placed him in. At the same time, I wasn't even at 7/10ths of the car or my skills. I was tired and just getting lazy and turned in too late. Lesson learned.

As time went on, I went back to Palomar just to regain my confidence. It became a little more regular as I turned on more and more people to the roads, BUT they really have been very controlled and not at all competitive. Then came along R (03C4s), who is interested in the E55. He wanted to meet up and go for a ride up there, so we did. Turns out we became friends and have a very common interest and so the two of us have been going more often. Again, the recent runs have been very friendly and more aimed at trying different setups and seeing what it does or just seeing how the E55 does against a P-car.

Granted, it isn't as safe as going the speed limit and accidents can always happen. But, it is also not even close to the recklessness of what recently happenned in OC.

Now, with that disclaimer Sunday it is. Those that wake up late, please post when you can be at the meet spot as I get up at 6am latest.

Hey Cyn, since you frequent Willows, maybe you can let us know a bit of the details. Do we all run on the track at once? Do we stagger? What is the procedure? If we do race at once, doesn't some rubbing come about? That is what has kept me off of the track. All I need is some idiot trying to dive under me to take the inside lane and taking me out. At least at Palomar, we rarely if ever pass anyone, so most accidents you get into are your own. Just some thoughts.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Jangy, is it cool if I come out too? I know Cyn through a mutual friend a while back and I'd love to check out that lowering module of yours. I don't think I'll be driving with too much spirit but I can definitely hold up the back. (I'm unfamiliar with Palomar and I don't like taking uncharted twisties too hard, or any roads for that matter). Ive got some tentative plans on Sunday but I think I would be able to make it out. PM me with any details.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Hey Jangy, is it cool if I come out too? I know Cyn through a mutual friend a while back and I'd love to check out that lowering module of yours. I don't think I'll be driving with too much spirit but I can definitely hold up the back. (I'm unfamiliar with Palomar and I don't like taking uncharted twisties too hard, or any roads for that matter). Ive got some tentative plans on Sunday but I think I would be able to make it out. PM me with any details.
Dude, you're more than welcome to come out as is anyone!!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sweet, where exactly is it though? If you give me an intersection I can just hone in w/ the navi.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

AMGs
Sweet, where exactly is it though? If you give me an intersection I can just hone in w/ the navi.
Anyone in for a quick run tomorrow at 11AM?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Anyone in for a quick run tomorrow at 11AM?

I'm in, where are we meeting?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned

AMGs
R,

Somewhere in Mira Mesa. Did you get the pictures?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Chevron at the corner of 15 and Via Rancho Parkway.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, Ill shoot for sunday AM. Ill try to let you know what my deal is before then.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2K6E55
R,

Somewhere in Mira Mesa. Did you get the pictures?
Got it tx. call me I'll be in the office in sorrento, so I can come up mira mesa blvd anytime.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
I sent you a PM. I'm all in. Sign me UP!!!!!! for the El Toro event. It should be a blast.
You need to go to the link as they need your full name, email address and tel# and your car model.
I did pm the organizor that mbworld members are interested, that he should maybe do a post.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 AM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
You need to go to the link as they need your full name, email address and tel# and your car model.
I did pm the organizor that mbworld members are interested, that he should maybe do a post.
Yeah I just tried PMing the organizer and no luck. It wouldn't let me. I don't have sufficient privileges to access this page.

I sent you a PM to see if you pass along my info.

Daryoosh
Old 09-29-2006, 02:53 PM

Talked to 2k6e55, sunday 9am
chevron station
at via rancho parkway just east of the exit
is that ok?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I probably wont be able to make it out that early, so if I dont show just leave. Ill try to get over there either way though, maybe Ill catch up with you guys. Its about 50-60mi from LA yeah?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:31 PM

no worries, what time can you make it?
we can always make a run up and back down to meet you
Old 09-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
9am it is, assuming I get it back today.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no worries, what time can you make it?
we can always make a run up and back down to meet you
I wish I could tell you, but as I said its tentative. My sister is a pace leader for the LA Marathon and I am doing a practice run with her that morning. It starts suuuuper early but Im not too sure as to how long it will last, and I wouldn't be surprised if I couldnt make it to Palomar at all. Hopefully we'll finish at around 9 and I can head over from there, but at this point I dont want to make any promises. I'll try to work out some more details and let you guys know more definitively. As of now, just go have fun, and who knows, you might see in your rear view mirror
Old 09-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

AMGs
9am it is, assuming I get it back today.
Jangy,

What's going on w/ur BEAST? Is it in ICU?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:10 PM

cclass05
are you guys going this sunday? and where are you going to meet up at. What r u guys going to do cuz i have a 05 c230k LoL

I live right there too so let me Know

Last edited by slammedcclass; 09-29-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Hmmmmmmmmmm, this looks like it could be some fun.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
are you guys going this sunday? and where are you going to meet up at. What r u guys going to do cuz i have a 05 c230k LoL

I live right there too so let me Know
We'll make a few runs up and down Palomar Mts. Come on out and play, it doesnt matter if you roll in a C230... It's kill a Kompressor right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Diego this wkend the Jangy run formally Palomar run