Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster WQQW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Actually, there should be no effects on the dyno. Keep in mind that you are running a single gear at full throttle. With or without Sprint booster, your throttle is wide open as the engine goes through its band. Am I missing something? Now, to make a dyno look that way, you can not apply the throttle as fast. If the punch comes later in the band, you will also peak later.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
My Audi S4 has the same deal as this Sprint thingy.Id normal trans mode its very linear peddle,and in Sport mode its very rapid.Throttle response is quicker but no HP difference at all.

Test drive an S4 and you'll see.

Sprint,waste of money IMO.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
This do-dad is insane!

For people who just want the car to snap your head back when you are crawling through traffic great but thats about it.

In any type of "performance" driving it is a terrible idea. The thing makes ballancing the car with the throttle nearly impossible. At the track on on a twisting road a slight adjustment in throttle position will change the line of the car in a drastic way. With this little part it makes those small changes in throttle positon larger and makes your more likely to bump into esp or spin off the road.

Most performance drivers will say the E55 has so much tq that it is hard to drive and control when racing around a corner. Small movements in your foot boots the rear end into a slide and this booster just makes it even worse. This is 1 reason teh E63 is a better drivers car and that the E55 is a drag car. All that tq at idle is great for 1/4 mile runs but not in road racing or spirited driving.

Great marketing on the sellers part but still useless. It is almost something you see on late night tv for "$19.95."
Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Great marketing on the sellers part but still useless. It is almost something you see on late night tv for "$19.95."
Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 PM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
E39 M5 sport button did similiar trick

Default is sport off=normal (drive-by-wire) throttle mapping

With sport mode on=I believe it 'halved' the necessary ratio of pedal:throttle but also adjusted the steering ratio as well.

Most M5ers drive with sport mode On, so to me the sprint booster sounds somewhat appealing.

2003 E39 M5
2006 E55
Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
"lazy man's way to increase pedal input is correct.."

but after all we are driving lazy man's sport sedans...

if we really wanted true sports sedans, we would be driving manual cars like an M5 E39 or E60 6sp

let's face it.. AMG is all about lazyness and torque.. go fast with no effort.

this gadget works... and I don't need to pay Powerchip $890 to give me 15rwhp more and tune my pedal input. It is not worth it.

My wife is driving my E55 to work everyday with ASP pullies and she is able to control the car just find. In fact she barely noticed the difference. (She drives in C mode)

If you have not used one.. you should really comment until you try it.

As far as HP and Tq.. it should not make a difference at all. It all about getting to the power band quicker.. that is all.

In real world application it works.

Line up against another car with similar power, and you will have an advantage since you can launch not as aggressive and still get to the power band quicker.

I have used this gadget on my C32 with pullies and without the Evosport pullies and on my E55. Takes 2 mins to install and I can move it around from car to car like a garage opener.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
This do-dad is insane!

For people who just want the car to snap your head back when you are crawling through traffic great but thats about it.

In any type of "performance" driving it is a terrible idea. The thing makes ballancing the car with the throttle nearly impossible. At the track on on a twisting road a slight adjustment in throttle position will change the line of the car in a drastic way. With this little part it makes those small changes in throttle positon larger and makes your more likely to bump into esp or spin off the road.

Most performance drivers will say the E55 has so much tq that it is hard to drive and control when racing around a corner. Small movements in your foot boots the rear end into a slide and this booster just makes it even worse. This is 1 reason teh E63 is a better drivers car and that the E55 is a drag car. All that tq at idle is great for 1/4 mile runs but not in road racing or spirited driving.

I would agree with your assessement with regards to track racing and how useless it would be but the majority of people who have these cars dont track the vehicle such as myself. I do alot of city driving so the quick throttle response was exactly what I was looking for. The lag time on the MB's are horrible. Even with the ECU being remapped, it wasn't that great. So i wouldn't say it is useless. It has alot of use, but not be the right application for the track.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I think what most are trying to say is that since it doesn't do anything for performance, for $250.00, we should just learn to push the pedal faster. In my K1 E55, I definitely DO NOT want the pedal more touchy than it is.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I would agree with your assessement with regards to track racing and how useless it would be but the majority of people who have these cars dont track the vehicle such as myself. I do alot of city driving so the quick throttle response was exactly what I was looking for. The lag time on the MB's are horrible. Even with the ECU being remapped, it wasn't that great. So i wouldn't say it is useless. It has alot of use, but not be the right application for the track.
I am not one to lag on slamming my foot to the floor if I feel like going. A good performance car, one that invites sporting driving on a street or track, has very linear throttle and brake inputs. A Porsche has very long travel throttle inputs and a very progressive firm brake input.

Taking 50% of the travel out and makig 50% throttle = to WOT is pointless. I would rather have that travel to allow modulation of the throttle plate.

For me it seems useless and I am personally shocked people look at it as so amazing. A quick to open throttle is something you see on cheap cars that have little power for it makes them feel quicker than they really are. Chevy and VW have done this trick for quite some time.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
What's so shocking about wanting quicker response with less effort for modest dollars ?

My 740i sport had instantaneous response off the line with little effort. Now my E55 does too.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
From the sound of it, this thing works the same way as the "sport mode" button on my previous car, an E46 M3. Sure, you got the impression of more power on take-off, but all it did was open the throttle plates sooner/faster. What it really did for me was make it feel jerky. That was a high-rpm car. In the E55 I think it would just be asking for trouble.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
80 views and no response or reactions? I will be doing a dyno on my k1 mod today or tommorow. I will do 1 run with out the sprint booster and 1 with the sprint booster just to see... I'll keep everyone posted...
Probably b/c everyone that has one agrees with you!!! I have it on my K2
E55 wagon and I love it.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
haha, Vadim OWN3D you all!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:10 PM

06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
haha, Vadim OWN3D you all!
sponsors ridiculing board members/potential customers...good business decision....
Old 02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by medici78
From the sound of it, this thing works the same way as the "sport mode" button on my previous car, an E46 M3. Sure, you got the impression of more power on take-off, but all it did was open the throttle plates sooner/faster. What it really did for me was make it feel jerky. That was a high-rpm car. In the E55 I think it would just be asking for trouble.
as mentioned before.. my wife drives the car with sprint booster and ASP pullies... no issues at all. She drives through heavy freeway traffic everyday.

trust me on this one....

in fact.. the C32 with pullies was harder to control the throttle input than the E55.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by regor60
sponsors ridiculing board members/potential customers...good business decision....
Oh my gosh, i must have made my self look like a total fool. I also didn't know that sponsors can't act like humans.

I don't think there are any potential customers out there since we don't sell the sprint booster!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Neal is an enthusiast as well as a highly respected and established sponsor. He takes care of his to put it mildly. We don't need an environment where such mellow comments are deemed as "ridiculing". We all have our opinions. Sharing them here has nothing to do with how sponsors run their businesses.

Oddly, enough Vadim is also a sponsor as well as an avid enthusiast. I like it when they speak their mind.

And for the record, I agree fully with Cyn on this one. The E55 is hard enough to modulate as it is.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Oh my gosh, i must have made my self look like a total fool. I also didn't know that sponsors can't act like humans.

I don't think there are any potential customers out there since we don't sell the sprint booster!
that does it, Im never buying anything from you again..........

not
Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 PM

06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by jangy
Neal is an enthusiast as well as a highly respected and established sponsor. He takes care of his to put it mildly. We don't need an environment where such mellow comments are deemed as "ridiculing". We all have our opinions. Sharing them here has nothing to do with how sponsors run their businesses.

Oddly, enough Vadim is also a sponsor as well as an avid enthusiast. I like it when they speak their mind.

And for the record, I agree fully with Cyn on this one. The E55 is hard enough to modulate as it is.
his statement didn't constitute an opinion but was derision, and that's MY opinion, how's that ?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
his statement didn't constitute an opinion but was derision, and that's MY opinion, how's that ?
That is fine. We can go back and forth all you want. You'll soon learn that opinions fly on this site and only the thickest of skins survive. that isn't to say you won't be a veteran here someday, but you'll notice soon enough not to take such remarks so personally.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Do not comment unless you have tried the Sprint Booster

I now put the SB on two E55's, both 2005 (mine and my business partner's) and we both love it in the traffic. There is absolutely nothing out there that will get in front of either of us at the lights!
This is becoming one of those theoretical knocking sessions by people who have not tried the SB, or who have spent thousands of dollars on real dyno gains through headers, exhausts, pulleys and ECU, but still feel nothing at the traffic lights.
No, it will not make the 1/4 faster, probably slower, but one drive in the city with the SB attached to the E55, and you will go and buy another for your best friend, like I did!
If throttle modulation ever becomes an issue at the drags or on the circuit, I will simply disconnect the SB for a day, big deal! It takes 10 minutes, compared to 45 minutes needed to swap my tires for a racing set.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by Rafal
I now put the SB on two E55's, both 2005 (mine and my business partner's) and we both love it in the traffic. There is absolutely nothing out there that will get in front of either of us at the lights!
This is becoming one of those theoretical knocking sessions by people who have not tried the SB, or who have spent thousands of dollars on real dyno gains through headers, exhausts, pulleys and ECU, but still feel nothing at the traffic lights.
No, it will not make the 1/4 faster, probably slower, but one drive in the city with the SB attached to the E55, and you will go and buy another for your best friend, like I did!
If throttle modulation ever becomes an issue at the drags or on the circuit, I will simply disconnect the SB for a day, big deal! It takes 10 minutes, compared to 45 minutes needed to swap my tires for a racing set.
So you dont think its too 'touchy'?? One of my pet hates with benzes is the throttle seems insensitive over the first part of its travel and jumping on the throttle to do a quick lane change in heavy traffic can have it down a gear or two and 500hp rocketing you toward the rear end of the, now, braking car in front. Does it fix this "feel" problem? Or just do the same thing with less foot movement?
Is it an easy and un-stuff-up-able DYI instal???

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 AM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Has anybody put this thing on a 63 motor yet? My ML63 could use a little quicker throttle response... With the all wheel drive I do not have the traction problems I had in my E55.

Plus since I'm leasing this rig, I don't want to put too much into upgrades.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by OzE55
So you dont think its too 'touchy'?? One of my pet hates with benzes is the throttle seems insensitive over the first part of its travel and jumping on the throttle to do a quick lane change in heavy traffic can have it down a gear or two and 500hp rocketing you toward the rear end of the, now, braking car in front. Does it fix this "feel" problem? Or just do the same thing with less foot movement?
Is it an easy and un-stuff-up-able DYI instal???

Thanks.
I must admit in S mode its a bit touchy but definately something that can be easily learned over time or remedied. The remedy is putting it in C mode. Its more responsive than with out the S/B at all and less sensitive than S mode. All in all, you cannot loose for 250.00 dollars. I mean if you dont like it, i am sure you can sell it on the boards and someone will buy it....
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mean if you dont like it, i am sure you can sell it on the boards and someone will buy it....
true.. I need another one.

anybody have a used sprint booster for sale? I'll give you $175 and I'll pay for shipping.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster WQQW