Sprint Booster WQQW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by OzE55
So you dont think its too 'touchy'?? One of my pet hates with benzes is the throttle seems insensitive over the first part of its travel and jumping on the throttle to do a quick lane change in heavy traffic can have it down a gear or two and 500hp rocketing you toward the rear end of the, now, braking car in front. Does it fix this "feel" problem? Or just do the same thing with less foot movement?
Is it an easy and un-stuff-up-able DYI instal???

Thanks.
It is easy to install - a 5 minute job.You remove a plastic cap on the base of the accelerator pedal assembly, then undo a 10 mm nut with a ratchet and the whole pedal assembly comes out with the "umbilical cord" of a cable attached. Unplug the cable from the pedal potentiometer and insert a short, 10cm SB "bridge" with a female and male plug. Put the pedal back in place, finding the locator hole on top and the threaded stud at the bottom. Tighten the 10mm nut and replace the plastic cap over it. Voila, you're all set!
Yes, it can be touchy, especially first thing in the morning if you forget you've got it! Lane changing is its best feature-it really makes you rocket through the traffic. Rolling acceleration from 20 to 100 kph is hard to believe.
Today I took mine off to try it in a friend's E240 and he kept it! I now have to buy another one!
My car feels like the accelerator pedal is broken, ha ha ha!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
remap the ecu vs SB ---- FEEL

Well I have been quietly reading the thread and enjoying this debate - first this is the style of debate we do need and should not get too testy (spelling?) about. So relax and post more

This is all about FEEL as I have mentioned elsewhere - so I am particularly interested in the feel of the controllability and drivability after installing it. I agree the E55 on the track (eh?) would suffer from the change. But on the street I would like to not have 500+ HP coming on after a lag that's just long enough to get me in to trouble in traffic. BUT I also don't want the throttle so touchy the car is undrivable - so tell us - what is it like compared to before in these situations.

Can some of those with SB tell us about the feel - I know it feels faster you all say that but how is getting on the throttle around town and in traffic - do you feel you could run into the back of the guy in front of you? Are you jumping on the brakes more? Or does it actually help in these situations??

For those who did a search on the SB you know I have speculated on how it works and tried to explain it.

So here is another question We do have experts on the site who can (either directly or with "friends") remap the throttle through the ECU. If we knew the map of the SB we could actually alter the maps to the same "feel"

Thing is as I considered this and tried to argue here to do it that way - to say we could save $250 - it struck me - even a reprogram of the ECU costs about this in labor/time and postage etc. or more.

So from that POV the SB is good value...IF its the effect you want...especially as its removable easily too.

Phil
Old 02-09-2007, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
I'm still looking for someone in OC to let me try theirs on for 10 minute in exchange for lunch/dinner at Caspian . anyone?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:19 PM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Here is my .02 .... I just installed the sprint booster in my RT stage 5 and I must say that the feeling is GREAT !! The feel would almost be comparable to that of gaining more torque... I had just recently had my ecu retuned and gained about 37 more torque and the feeling of the SB is almost comparable in a different kind of way... I will agree that the throttle is very sensitive but it is something that can be gotten used to. It will occasionally jerk ( still getting used to it ) but not that bad ( can prolly be controled after getting use to the SB )and it seems like the car is in the power band the whole time. I also have a C32 that I will try with the SB to see if it is the same in a car with less power. So to sum it up.... I am happy with my purchase, I think it will actually help me in the 1/4 mile run at the track as it seems to be easier to launch instead of just flooring it, it may not be for everyone but I think it IS for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosm
Here is my .02 .... I just installed the sprint booster in my RT stage 5 and I must say that the feeling is GREAT !! The feel would almost be comparable to that of gaining more torque... I had just recently had my ecu retuned and gained about 37 more torque and the feeling of the SB is almost comparable in a different kind of way... I will agree that the throttle is very sensitive but it is something that can be gotten used to. It will occasionally jerk ( still getting used to it ) but not that bad ( can prolly be controled after getting use to the SB )and it seems like the car is in the power band the whole time. I also have a C32 that I will try with the SB to see if it is the same in a car with less power. So to sum it up.... I am happy with my purchase, I think it will actually help me in the 1/4 mile run at the track as it seems to be easier to launch instead of just flooring it, it may not be for everyone but I think it IS for me.
I also had it on my C32 with ODPS Evosport and it was very nice to have power at will. In fact I'm going to buy another one.

Now my E55 with ASP pullies and running on the freeway and having power with just a short leash is amazing.

RT5 and SB should put the nail in the coffin about driveability. You can't get any more power than RT5 on a 55k motor.

So for most of the E55's that are stock.. running a SB should be a no brainer.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by trezaei
I'm still looking for someone in OC to let me try theirs on for 10 minute in exchange for lunch/dinner at Caspian . anyone?
I say buy one...

Your 63 engine would be more ideal than the 55motor, since your power delivery is more linear. You will get to your power band alot sooner and climb the rpms with less pedal input.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Anybody in the Wash DC/Metro area is more than welcome to borrow mine for a week or so. I know I don't have an AMG but my 500 definately feels like a different car with it. It takes exactly 15 minutes of driving to "learn" how to modulate the pedal. I say "learn" because you really don't notice after a while because your foot just adapts. After a few minutes of driving I can say, without a doubt, that I can drive my car as if it didn't have the SB installed at all.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I'm getting one for my new slk55, and it was great on my E55. SLK pedal feels so dead in comparison. For $250 I can fix that...