Sponsored by:

AMG Foot Pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
AMG Foot Pedals

My '05 E55 didn't come with the AMG foot pedals that are on my C55 and I've seen them on other E55's. I've been told that some came with them and some didn't. Why was AMG selective with the pedals anyway? Didn't they start doing this for '03 or '04? The dealer that I bought my car from told me they will reimburse me $150 to have them added but when I called my local dealer the guy said b/c they aren't sold as an "accessory" he doesn't have much info on them...he wasn't much help. He also said the accelerator pedal is one unit that needs to be replaced. Sounded like a major job.

So has anyone added these to their E55? If so, what did it cost ya? I'm looking for the brake, accelerator and parking brake pedals.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Get them from Jerry at ForMyMercedes.com. Here's the link:

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...luminum+Pedals
Old 10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I don't think Nickerz are referring to these AC Schnitzer style AMG pedals. He probably wants these:

(1) A1703000004 - Gas Pedal
(2) A1702900182 - Brake Pedal
(3) A2034300084 - Foot Brake Pedal
Old 10-12-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E63S,
Originally Posted by Nickerz
My '05 E55 didn't come with the AMG foot pedals that are on my C55 and I've seen them on other E55's. I've been told that some came with them and some didn't. Why was AMG selective with the pedals anyway? Didn't they start doing this for '03 or '04? The dealer that I bought my car from told me they will reimburse me $150 to have them added but when I called my local dealer the guy said b/c they aren't sold as an "accessory" he doesn't have much info on them...he wasn't much help. He also said the accelerator pedal is one unit that needs to be replaced. Sounded like a major job.

So has anyone added these to their E55? If so, what did it cost ya? I'm looking for the brake, accelerator and parking brake pedals.

Thanks,
Nick

The dealer is both right and wrong. I upgraded my pedals to the ones found in the 06 E63 cars. The only one that cant be upgraded is the dead pedal. That is actually part of the carpet. I found another thread here that said you can use the SLK pedals. You can do a saerch and find it (I started a thread on this very subject a few weeks ago and someone posted the part numbers). Now here is the kicker. its not a straight switch. You buy the brake pedal, and E-Brake pedal covers. Those just slip on. The gas pedal requires removal of the accelerator pedal...not a big deal. Thing is the new accelerator pedal assy from the SLK is SLIGHTLY different. Basically the holes dont line up. So you have to remove the pedal cover from the SLK part (and the factory E55 rubber pedal cover) and switch them). Reassemble and its all done. About $60 in parts.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM

ML350 '06
Thanks for the replies guys!

Kev:
I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow with these part #'s so thanks a lot!

I also noticed you're going to get Distronic added. I'm interested in this too as I use cruise control all the time. I'm wondering though, if this voids your warranty and if your setup will also apply 20% of braking power like the manufacturer? Cost?

Thanks!
Nick
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM

03 E55
I had distronic added by Steve...works as it should. It did not void my warranty, however it is a tricky install and you will need to be careful when you have your ecu flashed. Since the build-card for your car does not show it, the factory will not recognize that option as "factory". The alignment is also different (and much more costly) for a distronic-equipped car.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 PM

ML350 '06
Thanks again for those part #'s as they matched exactly! I called the dealership and they ordered them and then put the AMG pedals on today. They look great!

I thought it was nice of MB of Calabasas to pay for this to be done. I brought it up with them before I took delivery of the car and they agreed to reimburse me for for it. So they agreed to pay up to $150 and it came to $143.27 parts/labor.

Nick