Newbie- 2005 E55 Purchase -soon questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 mine -2006 BMW 550i wifes
Newbie- 2005 E55 Purchase -soon questions

Hello,
I have been lurking around here abit now and its time to ask the pros a few questions about me getting ready to make the big purchase.

Thanks in advance.

I started out about 6 weeks ago shopping the usual places ..ebay..autotrader..cars.com...online trader...staying away from a dealer because I will buy an E55 with 25K or less miles 2004-2006..with a warranty and will most likey purchase an extended one before the MFG is up...+ tax issue.

My budget is mid- $60's...have noticed the prices of the E55 dropping quite a bit in the past weeks and may possibly pickup an 2006 for this price range....maybe but not critical..unless someone thinks this year is the best??? and why? Any comments on years preferences??? why 04 over 05 over 06 or visversa, would be a great.

The options I must have are Keyless go, Nav, dynamic seats, prem radio with..sirius and the VCS for the bluetooth enhancement would really make me a happy dude....If all these moons line up I ready to jump....what are your favs options and why???

I did find a 05 with some nice upgrades so I thought I would ask if I should worry about certain mods...Carlson lowering module...real nice 19" wheels but it makes the wheel pressure monitoring system not work properly...gives off a error messege..owner says NO FIX for this..kinda odd I thought. Also has Brembo Gran Turismo brake kits all around looks sharp but are these really needed?? ..could this cause warranty issues if the brake syst..had problems, because he changed the calipers-rotors- brake lines-all around with these brembo kits???? Steering wheel upgrade to wood..this is real nice touch...any comments on these mods would help me decide if this is the baby.

Fernando....Laguna Beach
Old 10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
If you have been lurking around the forums you will find that there are many desirable E55's on the market. I believe that this would be the best place to purchase a car that has been well taken care of.

To pick an 03-04 over 05-06 model is because it is newer, most likely less miles and also the flash of the ECU. The flash seems to make the older models slower as it doesn't affect the new models much.

My favorite option is the trunk closer. Nothing shouts out luxury than an automatic trunk closer! The rest of the options are amazing also. Keyless go is great too!

As for the vehicle you have found, those are defniately nice upgrades. I dont understand why this person would upgrade to the brembo system as the E55 are pretty much the same brakes minus the color of the caliper. I think 24 pistons on all four corners is more than enough braking power. And If you have any issues with the brakes, which i believe you wont because brembo is a solid braking system, you shiet out of luck with MB. Other wise you warrenty would be still be in tack on other things. Only your brakes would be voided.

As for the car, those are great mods. If you purchased a car with the price that you want with these mods, you will not have to spend money later do the upgrade as most of us are mod junkies!

GOOd LUCK. Post pictures if you can
Old 10-21-2006, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by loans4homes
Hello,
I have been lurking around here abit now and its time to ask the pros a few questions about me getting ready to make the big purchase.

Thanks in advance.

I started out about 6 weeks ago shopping the usual places ..ebay..autotrader..cars.com...online trader...staying away from a dealer because I will buy an E55 with 25K or less miles 2004-2006..with a warranty and will most likey purchase an extended one before the MFG is up...+ tax issue.

My budget is mid- $60's...have noticed the prices of the E55 dropping quite a bit in the past weeks and may possibly pickup an 2006 for this price range....maybe but not critical..unless someone thinks this year is the best??? and why? Any comments on years preferences??? why 04 over 05 over 06 or visversa, would be a great.

The options I must have are Keyless go, Nav, dynamic seats, prem radio with..sirius and the VCS for the bluetooth enhancement would really make me a happy dude....If all these moons line up I ready to jump....what are your favs options and why???

I did find a 05 with some nice upgrades so I thought I would ask if I should worry about certain mods...Carlson lowering module...real nice 19" wheels but it makes the wheel pressure monitoring system not work properly...gives off a error messege..owner says NO FIX for this..kinda odd I thought. Also has Brembo Gran Turismo brake kits all around looks sharp but are these really needed?? ..could this cause warranty issues if the brake syst..had problems, because he changed the calipers-rotors- brake lines-all around with these brembo kits???? Steering wheel upgrade to wood..this is real nice touch...any comments on these mods would help me decide if this is the baby.

Fernando....Laguna Beach
Sounds like the Tech does NOT have a clue re the TPS system...As I Have added The AMG Multipiece 19s to the Wifes W211 NO Problems..as all one needs to do is install the TPS sensors into the replacement rims..

Re the Brakes...Yes The Dealer COULD refuse warranty re the Brakes....They allways look for a way to DECLINE Warranty!

I Would buy a Stock W211 and go from there..after a car fax..dealer VMI and a Prepurchase inspection
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 mine -2006 BMW 550i wifes
Thanks for the info...

Yes I believe the seller of this car put on the brembos for the "color"...big bucks for RED calipers....The Tire pressure monitor system is an "odd" quirk...i Really would want this feature to work since it is installed...and paid for. He did install 19" carlson 1 piece wheels...beautiful...but says the dealer could not get it to work....so your saying it just needs the sensors put on the new wheels...can you take the ones off the stock wheels???

Any info on adding sirius radio on a car with out the hardware OEM installed...??
what about the VCS system for the phone system..is this an expensive add if not OEM to install after???

I am getting ready to move on this...Brembos all around, 19" Carlsons Wheels, Carlson lowering module, Carlson front spoiler lip and Rentech rear spoiler, smoked tails, windows tinted, and my favorite...wood steering wheel upgrade; folding rear view mirriors...

Hey anything I should look out for...Thanks