Sponsored by:

Difficulty starting 05 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difficulty starting 05 E55

I bought a 05 E55 over the weekend and have had 2 occasions where the engine would not start. I would push the keyless go start button and it would try and start but never fire up. It would then lock out any attempts for a short time and then fire right up. I have searched and found a few posts similar to this with suggestions that it may be the fuel pump. Any thoughts about this and whether it is a problem I should get checked out at the dealer?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:27 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tsmithmd
I bought a 05 E55 over the weekend and have had 2 occasions where the engine would not start. I would push the keyless go start button and it would try and start but never fire up. It would then lock out any attempts for a short time and then fire right up. I have searched and found a few posts similar to this with suggestions that it may be the fuel pump. Any thoughts about this and whether it is a problem I should get checked out at the dealer?
The best thing for you to do is get the car down to the dealership for sure. The car probably stored a fault code when it failed to start. Your car is an 05, so book it in as it is still under warranty, let them sort it out.

Last edited by Efivefive; 10-25-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:31 PM

E55
My car had the same issue - it was the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Mine did it too.Keyless would time out and you had to try again. Did it quite a few times..high alcohol fuel content can damage a checkvalve in the fuel system. I had mine replaced. It still did it once afterwords. Has it done it since. They had to remove back seat to get to the tank to replace this check valve. If it does it again its going back. Its been a few months though.