Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Anyone??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Opinions Anyone??

I am debating shaving the "V8 Kompressor" badges off of the front fenders of my black E55 and instead going with those small, flat oval AMG badges centered in the trim piece on the front fender. I had these on my 01 CLK 55 and they really looked cool - small enough to be unobtrusive, but definitely made a statement if someone gazed over at an intersection. I am not quite ready to depart with the "E55" and the "AMG" on the trunk. I like knowing that those are on display for anyone who rolls up from behind at a red light. What is the general consensus on shaving the (gaudy?) "Kompressor" badges from the front fenders?? BTW: If I had a silver or grey car, I would DEFINITELY do all the badges in black and leave the "Kompressors" put, like Josh's car - I really dig that look. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I choose to keep them on; mine is black as well. I've actually been debating on whether or not to spray them black like Josh's car.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by PDC
I am debating shaving the "V8 Kompressor" badges off of the front fenders of my black E55 and instead going with those small, flat oval AMG badges centered in the trim piece on the front fender. I had these on my 01 CLK 55 and they really looked cool - small enough to be unobtrusive, but definitely made a statement if someone gazed over at an intersection. I am not quite ready to depart with the "E55" and the "AMG" on the trunk. I like knowing that those are on display for anyone who rolls up from behind at a red light. What is the general consensus on shaving the (gaudy?) "Kompressor" badges from the front fenders?? BTW: If I had a silver or grey car, I would DEFINITELY do all the badges in black and leave the "Kompressors" put, like Josh's car - I really dig that look. Thanks for the input!
Hey were you at the Tom Fooleries in Zona Rosa on Tuesday?

And I like the above idea, it will really make people stare, then
Old 10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
paint all the emblems black... that gives it the bad *** shaved look from a distance but as they pull up at the light... they know your the wolf in sheeps clothing...
Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
paint all the emblems black... that gives it the bad *** shaved look from a distance but as they pull up at the light... they know your the wolf in sheeps clothing...
This is a good idea. Also, what small flat oval badges do you mean? Like the ones on the seats? I personally like badges not because of what they say, but they add a little "bling" or flare to the car if you will. It gives some texture for the eye to catch and I like that, regardless of what it says.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PDC
How about spraying them Black Chrome???
Old 10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by Efivefive
How about spraying them Black Chrome???
I second that!!! Black chrome on a black car would look amazing!!!

Trending Topics

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Black Chrome

I really dig the "black chrome" look. I have seen it on a few Lexus sedans and it is really smooth. Is that basically like a tinted clear coat spray that I could do myself? Can I get something like that at an AutoZone? If so, I could order fresh emblems on the Bay and spray them before ever removing them from the backing. Then carefully remove the stock chrome ones and put the new ones on. That sounds a HECK of alot easier than trying to mask and spray the ones on the car. BTW: Does anybody know how to get the tiny chrome strips out of the body molding down the center of the doors and fenders and around the bumpers? If I do the emblems in the black chrome, I would almost have to do that chrome strip as well to make it look right.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
black chrome V8K

get rid of the rest: ompre....
Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Debadge everything. Why do you need to announce your arrival or departure? Let them find out the old fashioned way!!

Also, please do not mention shaving and a car's panel. I have no problem with taking the stickers off, but please don't use a razor!!