too much respect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
too much respect

how do you guys come up with all these kill stories. i can't find a damn person that wants to mess around. besides a stuck in traffic encounter with a gt500 i can't find any one willing to run.

this morning on open freeways i finally found 2 cars worthy of playing and both wouldn't...and it wasn't like they were casually driving when i happened on them. both an '03 cobra and a slightly older turbo pcar waved me off with the thumbs up and shaking their head as to say "no way am i racing that".

i can't even get a vette to race me...and those guys will race anything that happens to be traveling slightly faster than them.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
You gotta take the badges off!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by jangy
You gotta take the badges off!!!
LOL
Old 10-28-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
I agree. Whenever I am at a light or there is open road ahead with a mustang, vette, pcar etc I get no play only a few looks. Or I will see these cars going in the opposite direction...especially M5's.

I did however send a hottie back to her sugardaddy after walking away from her Bentley Cont. this week. The only people around here that haul **** are the moms in there suvs.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
I see very little action out on the roads here locally. Could people just know better than to mess with us? I usually have to instigate to have a little fun with the occasional willing participant. They all see our rear ends anyways. HAHAHA! SEE YA!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 PM

'08 CLS63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
how do you guys come up with all these kill stories. i can't find a damn person that wants to mess around. besides a stuck in traffic encounter with a gt500 i can't find any one willing to run.

this morning on open freeways i finally found 2 cars worthy of playing and both wouldn't...and it wasn't like they were casually driving when i happened on them. both an '03 cobra and a slightly older turbo pcar waved me off with the thumbs up and shaking their head as to say "no way am i racing that".

i can't even get a vette to race me...and those guys will race anything that happens to be traveling slightly faster than them.
+1

i even tried to race two mustangs that were racing each other...i caught up to them and asked if they wanted to race..."we don't have enough gas to race you (as they were laughing)!"

as much as i enjoy the e, the lack of anybody willing to race kinda takes the joy out of owning it (racing myself gets boring after a while). i can't buy a race to save my life!!! it's so bad, i'm thinking about going back to an s.

you would figure in a city of 3 million you could get a race every once in a while.

john
Old 10-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by chiromikey

It's all about RESPECT from others when they see you in the E55. Yesterday on the way home from the office, I came up on a Black M5 as I merged onto the 5 freeway. The guy looked over my way but quickly turned his head straight and drove away like an old man.

Trending Topics

Old 10-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Almost a Member!

HI!

Here in Puerto Rico, there is always someone willing to race. It is usually me who declines. Earlier this morning I was being teased by a Jaguar S type R. At first I was not interested but after a couple of minutes, we ended up side by side at a red light. I turned off the ESP and let her rip as the light turned green. We raced up to about 105MPH by which time I had him by 5-6 cars. We ended up side by side again at the next light, nodded at each other, and went our separate ways.
Sorry to hear that you are not having as much fun.
Best Regards
Victor
Old 10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
sometimes i even wonder if it's really a case of not enough respect. i also get looks of "what does this crazy guy think...i'm going waste my time racing a family sedan". i can't win...well i could if i could race someone.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
I got some action from a minivan off a light today.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Or I will see these cars going in the opposite direction...especially M5's.
Me too! ALWAYS M5s.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
I did however send a hottie back to her sugardaddy after walking away from her Bentley Cont. this week.
White GT with a kit?
Old 10-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Bently Continental GT
deleted

Last edited by DoctorXylophone; 02-26-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: deleted
Old 10-28-2006, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
I think more people are ignorant than savvy. One night at a local dragstrip nobody would race me. It took me a little while to realize it wasnt because they knew what the E55 was, it was because they didn't think it was worth their time to race a 4-door family car. As if it wasn't enough nobody knew about E55's, wy friend was in the stands and he said people were asking what kind of Lexus it was. Even while making a pass he said nobody took notice since the car was so quiet. They finally took notice when they saw it ran a 12.xx. After that pass, pummeling an unsuspecting f-body in the process, nobody would race me for the opposite reasons.