Sponsored by:

what to do about possible ecu flash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do about possible ecu flash?

have a service appt on tue for an oil leak. the car is a 2006 and has been in twice for srs light, last time being about 2months ago. they haven't had the ecu flash done up to this point but i get the feeling my luck is going to run out this time b/c now i am aware of the ecu flash(this is usually how things turn out for me). my question is should i request it not to be done or say nothing hoping that my advisor is not aware of it.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:39 PM

W211 E55AMG
oil leak from....? engine? rear? transmission?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Finnish C32
oil leak from....? engine? rear? transmission?
from the engine, its definitely gonna take them a few days
Old 10-29-2006, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
The ECU reflash IMO doesnt hurt performance. The first few hundred miles the car will feel weaker, but after that it will be back to normal.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
The ECU reflash IMO doesnt hurt performance. The first few hundred miles the car will feel weaker, but after that it will be back to normal.

AGREED!!!

It all depends on the build date of your car. If it was built IN '06, then you already have the updated software. Even if not, i am still a eliever that it is an anomoly. I've raced way too many cars to not know if my power is down. Others will jump in and you need to believe what you want.

On another note, what is up with an oil leak? Make sure you don't have a lemon on your hands.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
I actually made my service manage sign papers that he would not flash it. Call me paranoid. I explained exactly why I didn't want it. My place services so many modded 55's and 65's so its cool by them.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by jangy
AGREED!!!

It all depends on the build date of your car. If it was built IN '06, then you already have the updated software. Even if not, i am still a eliever that it is an anomoly. I've raced way too many cars to not know if my power is down. Others will jump in and you need to believe what you want.

On another note, what is up with an oil leak? Make sure you don't have a lemon on your hands.
don't know if it makes a difference but it is not a "leak" leak. more like dried oil below the engine. find it when my buddy took off the plastic underneath to do a straight oil drain for oil change rather than use the pump to suck out the oil.