Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport II Suspension Setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:17 AM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Sport II Suspension Setting

Most of you probably already know this, but there has been some dispute as to whether or not the Sport II setting will visually lower your ride height. It does. I set mine from Comfort to Sport II and absolutely nothing happened while parked on the driveway (I measured). I then went out and got her up to 60-65 mph for a short stretch and came back home and measured again. It was almost 1/2 inch lower and you could tell just from looking at where the top of the front tire was in relation to the fender. I set the suspension back to Comfort and the nose lifted back up 1/2 inch to the previous height. So, it looks like you definitely need to get the car up to 60 mph for the "lowering" effect of Sport II to kick in, but once you do so, it seems to stay at that height until you re-set the suspension - even if you turn the car off and back on, it stays down that extra 1/2 inch until you change the setting on the console. At least that's the way my car seems to act. I did the Star Lowering - noticable, but mild - and it looks better in Sport II. But, since we occasionally get a bit of snow where I live, I'm glad I can raise it up a bit with the Comfort setting without going for the full on 4x4 "Raise" setting.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by PDC
Most of you probably already know this, but there has been some dispute as to whether or not the Sport II setting will visually lower your ride height. It does. I set mine from Comfort to Sport II and absolutely nothing happened while parked on the driveway (I measured). I then went out and got her up to 60-65 mph for a short stretch and came back home and measured again. It was almost 1/2 inch lower and you could tell just from looking at where the top of the front tire was in relation to the fender. I set the suspension back to Comfort and the nose lifted back up 1/2 inch to the previous height. So, it looks like you definitely need to get the car up to 60 mph for the "lowering" effect of Sport II to kick in, but once you do so, it seems to stay at that height until you re-set the suspension - even if you turn the car off and back on, it stays down that extra 1/2 inch until you change the setting on the console. At least that's the way my car seems to act. I did the Star Lowering - noticable, but mild - and it looks better in Sport II. But, since we occasionally get a bit of snow where I live, I'm glad I can raise it up a bit with the Comfort setting without going for the full on 4x4 "Raise" setting.
It lowers the car 10mm abd u gave measured it at about 1/4 an inch.

It does lower it and it is something you can see as well!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
IN sport II after driving on the highway, I'll take an exit ramp and hit a stop light. I can feel and see the nose of the raise. It does this in comfort mode too. Maybe the fact that yours stays down until you hit the comfort button is an AMG thing.

These airmatics are so finicky.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PDC
I can see my car visually lower, even while parked up!