Sponsored by:

E55 vs 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55, ML500, GT3 RS, 997C2S
E55 vs 997TT

DE day at Lime Rock last Friday. There was a Black E55 in my run group that I did not see on the track till my last session.( I was in my 997TT) The driver was good and the car had track tires to boot. This was also my first time running in Intermediate 2. I was making my way through some slower cars when he came up on my tail and he stayed with me until the track opened up in front of me. Time open up a bit. I could not pull away from him and after trying to pull away, I had to point him buy. He kept pulling away from me and I just could not catch him. I also did not want to try any harder because my last session is usually not my best and I did not want to have an accidend as my last track day of the year. He must have left the track just after our last session because I could not find him, wondering if he is a member here. I was told by another driver that his car was really set up for the track with slicks and more. Maybe thats why he went home so quickly, to avoid any rain or snow.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Well, if he managed to stay ahead of you, then his car certainly was prep'ed for the track. Wow.

Congrats on the 997TT by the way. Awesome car. Stay safe.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Scruffyone
DE day at Lime Rock last Friday. There was a Black E55 in my run group that I did not see on the track till my last session.( I was in my 997TT) The driver was good and the car had track tires to boot. This was also my first time running in Intermediate 2. I was making my way through some slower cars when he came up on my tail and he stayed with me until the track opened up in front of me. Time open up a bit. I could not pull away from him and after trying to pull away, I had to point him buy. He kept pulling away from me and I just could not catch him. I also did not want to try any harder because my last session is usually not my best and I did not want to have an accidend as my last track day of the year. He must have left the track just after our last session because I could not find him, wondering if he is a member here. I was told by another driver that his car was really set up for the track with slicks and more. Maybe thats why he went home so quickly, to avoid any rain or snow.
Congrats on the 997TT. How do you like it? How does it compare to the SL55?

I like your signature.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Hmmm, an E55 that actually handles?? How about some pics of the TT? Amazing car.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:58 AM

SL55, ML500, GT3 RS, 997C2S
Originally Posted by jangy
Hmmm, an E55 that actually handles?? How about some pics of the TT? Amazing car.
I have driven the E55s at Lime Rock several times with the AMG Challenge and they handle suprisingy well for a heavy car. The combination of track tires and whatever else he had, as well as a more seasoned driver, and you have a hard combination to beat. After all, this was only my 4th track day ever. Not bad to make it to Intermediate 2 after 3 track days, and the last one was in the rain! Gotta be smooth smooth smooth in the rain.

The 07 TT is an amazing car to drive, and the ride comfort when out of sport mode is just as good as my SL55 is when it is in sport mode. Not only that, but from a 45 mph roll it actually pulled on my SL55 K2 all the way up to 140, although only by a car length or so. The TT also has a better sound system too. A friend pushed me into the Porsche and I am sort of hooked now. I'm first in line at my dealer for a GT3 RS (Viper Green and black), and first in line for a 997TT when it comes out with a paddle shifter. Still keeping the SL though, amazing sound from the exhaust and still a piece of eye candy.

Got my right rear tire up in the air, my instructor in the passengers seat.

I'm getting a trailer and track tires for next year. Got bit my the track bug real hard, gonna be a looong winter.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
ON PROBATION

Scruffyone - I'm getting a trailer and track tires for next year. Got bit my the track bug real hard, gonna be a looong winter.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sick wit it!!!