W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRABUS Monoblock S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Black Navi Kleemann Stage 1 & LSD, Brabus Mono VI, pedals and lighted sills, JL sub.
BRABUS Monoblock S

Have you guys seen these yet? Can a more computer literate person post some pics? I'd like some feedback on these for my beast.

How much can I get these for? 18X8.5 & 9.5?

How about my Monoblock VI's? How much could I get for these same size one piece wheels - assume 90% condition.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
90% condition on rims? Not to be a *****, but you will take a bath on them, since anyone buying Brabus will want mint condition. Consider having them repaired for $100 a set and selling them on Ebay or here then. Post pics, people may snap em up.
I'm personally not a fan of the S. I do like the A.
Attached Thumbnails BRABUS Monoblock S-monoblocks.jpg  
Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 PM

E55
Originally Posted by ERINIC
Have you guys seen these yet? Can a more computer literate person post some pics? I'd like some feedback on these for my beast.

How much can I get these for? 18X8.5 & 9.5?

How about my Monoblock VI's? How much could I get for these same size one piece wheels - assume 90% condition.
Ericinc - I have 20" S on my E55 - I love the looks but have already repaired these and had to scrap one out due to bending after road hazards have been hit. They are very soft indeed. Of course having realy low profile tires doesn't help either (20 and 25 which I did to keep identical diameter to stock).

So looks good (to me) but be prepared to repair and replace...often

-edited addition --

BTW these look much nicer with stock MB centers rather than the "B"

Last edited by SS3E55; 11-07-2006 at 07:21 PM. Reason: small add
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
for the $ there are nicer/stronger/lighter wheels out there. they are not worth the $ brabus charges for them. they are also really heavy
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Here's another pic of Mono S style rims in flat black. I think it looks good. When it comes time to fix my set of Mono S style rims, I will probably powdercoat them flat black as well.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM

E55
Originally Posted by AMG_55
for the $ there are nicer/stronger/lighter wheels out there. they are not worth the $ brabus charges for them. they are also really heavy
True on the $ issue - but there are sources for these that are not Brabus - then the $ aren't nearly so high...pm me if you want to hear where I got mine...

pshek - I would like to powercoat mine to this finish its awesome - I have a question hough - the little "fake" screws are these plastic or metal - on the wheels themselves it is really hard to tell which. If metal they can withstand the heat for the coating, if not they will melt. Obviously the Brabus people either know they are metal - or removed them first (sort of says they are real metal screws) - or replaced them after the heating... any clues ??
Old 11-09-2006, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by SS3E55
True on the $ issue - but there are sources for these that are not Brabus - then the $ aren't nearly so high...pm me if you want to hear where I got mine...

pshek - I would like to powercoat mine to this finish its awesome - I have a question hough - the little "fake" screws are these plastic or metal - on the wheels themselves it is really hard to tell which. If metal they can withstand the heat for the coating, if not they will melt. Obviously the Brabus people either know they are metal - or removed them first (sort of says they are real metal screws) - or replaced them after the heating... any clues ??
The bolts are not fake. They hold the centers to the lip. The guys at TWS powdercoated the 19" mono S style rims for a customer. They remove all of the bolts on the rim, paint the centers, then reinstall everything. FrankW is the sponser who sold the Mono S style rims in flat black. They are inexpensive nice rims for replicas.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by SS3E55
thanks but i wouldnt put brabus wheels on my car (even if still had a mb), its not a wheel company meaning that its resources and focus is spread on many different products so the wheels will never be the best they can.
i can probably get hre's for the price you get brabus for. i can get them cheaper than pretty much anyone.