Comand Dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Comand Dead

Got into my car this afternoon and the comand was totally dead. No screen at all, no radio, nav, etc. Started and restarted the car several times, but no change.

I checked the fuses (radio, navigation, audio gateway, CD changer) and they all look fine.

Any idea what could be the cause?

By the way, I noticed two security guys taking a very good look at my car when I parked it. I know I am beyond paranoid, but is there anything that could have been taken out of the car while I was gone to cause this? Nothing looks like it has been tampered with.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Reset the COMAND by pulling the fuse completely out and putting it back in. If that doesn't work try resetting the audio gateway (amplifier), the fuse is located in the rear fuse panel. Sorry, don't know the fuse # off the top of my head (but I think it's 37). If that doesn't work it may need to be replaced.

Oh, and it's highly unlikely the security guards could have done anything to mess with the COMAND from outside of the vehicle.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Glassjaw
Reset the COMAND by pulling the fuse completely out and putting it back in. If that doesn't work try resetting the audio gateway (amplifier), the fuse is located in the rear fuse panel. Sorry, don't know the fuse # off the top of my head (but I think it's 37). If that doesn't work it may need to be replaced.

Oh, and it's highly unlikely the security guards could have done anything to mess with the COMAND from outside of the vehicle.

Thanks. Tried pulling a bunch of fuses, but nothing worked. Car is getting an oil change on Saturday anyway, so I asked the dealer to look at it.

It better be easily fixable or it is going to be a long drive to Atco next Friday with no radio.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM

2007 Mercedes SL550 Sport
what did the dealer find???
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 CDI (Brilliant Silver)
Originally Posted by glassJAw

I know this is an old/dead post but someone may be looking for an answer like I was. So all I can say is WHEW!!!! I pulled both fuses the radio (in the front driver side panel (I think it was #25) and the audio gateway (its located in the trunk panel and it IS #0006).

I pulled them both for like a minute and put them back then as soon as I put the gateway fuse back the navigation dvd player started flashing. I put the key in the switch and turned it an WA LAH (spelling???) the radio started blaring. WHEW!!! Two days with no radio was starting to suck when you drive as far as I do each day.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM

2007 E63 AMG
That happened to me once. What I did was unplug the cable from the battery. Wait couple minutes then plug it back it. All back to normal.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
do these cars have most bus jumpers located anywhere, to reset the bus?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
It was really hot the other day and I was on a 200 mile road trip and my command died, all it would show was the AMG logo from the startup that flashes real fast. It was just frozen. My command would not do anything, not even shut down.
Then it started working again and I shut it down for awhile, no probs after that, are these covered by starmark, anyone know?
I have heard the achillies heel (Spelling) on our cars is the electrical.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 AM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
Originally Posted by Vader13
It was really hot the other day and I was on a 200 mile road trip and my command died, all it would show was the AMG logo from the startup that flashes real fast. It was just frozen. My command would not do anything, not even shut down.
Then it started working again and I shut it down for awhile, no probs after that, are these covered by starmark, anyone know?
I have heard the achillies heel (Spelling) on our cars is the electrical.
Sounds like a hiccup in the MOST loop. When I pulled the fuse for my dvd nav drive and broke the loop, COMAND did what you describe, just sat there.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
To complete the loop here, my comand was dead. It just failed. The dealer replaced it under warranty.