Sponsored by:

buying a Mercury Platinum Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
buying a Mercury Platinum Warranty

I will be buying a Mercury warranty for my 03 next week. I still have 5-6 months of factory warranty, but I'm told Mercury will stop selling their product for AMG cars soon.

Anyone else out there have/use the Mercury on their beast? I've decided to keep my car for a few more years and I need the peace of mind...kids entering private school so no new cars for me for a while.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:48 PM

CLS55
you may want to get the mercedes factory warranty if you can. my mercury rep did the math and said it covers more at a better price.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:38 AM

2003 E55 K1
I'm in exactly the same place. I have an 03 E55 with 22K and my warranty runs out in May. Auto club just sent me info on Mercury warranty and have followed up several times. They said nothing about not covering AMG's. but who knows. My research indicates everyone is very pleased with Mercury warranty, plus I am not the original owner so I cannot buy MB warranty. Only hitch is that you must drive car 1,000 miles and (I believe) wait one month before warranty kicks in. Let me know if you hear anything on AMG issue.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I had a very good experience with Mercury on a 911 Turbo.

My CL55 warranty runs out in June - so the question is, new warranty or new car?

I vote car. Yay, I win!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:32 PM

E55
After doing some searching and bargain shopping, I end up getting the Mercury Ins through http://www.autowarrantybroker.com/

They gave me the best deal and price.

Platinum: 5 more years or 100K miles
$0 deductible
Navigation system added
Basically bumper to bumper
No cap limit to warranty job

It is about $4500 with $500 gift certificate and vacation package free.

They also offer 0% financing.

The catch is that they can’t sell insurance to CA residents unless they have an insurance license. Therefore you may need to use an outside state address first which you could and do not need to transfer to your current CA address later on. Since I have properties elsewhere that was not a problem.

From what I heard this insurance is pretty good and was also being offer by other Mercedes dealer and they told me it was better than the factory extended warranty. The dealer lowest price for the Merc Ins was $5250 with $100 deductible. The dealer also told me that beginning the new year, Mercury will stop filing new account for the 2003 E55, but when I talked to the AutoWarrantybroker they did not think so. I went ahead and purchase the insurance anyway with a couple of months overlap.

Next week, I will ask my SA about this insurance and if he recommends it. I have 30 days to refund it.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:37 PM

03 E55
Originally Posted by Dogshine
you may want to get the mercedes factory warranty if you can. my mercury rep did the math and said it covers more at a better price.
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the great information. Unfortunately MB will not certify cars that are over a year old.

Trying to decide between 5 years/75k additional (3230.00) or 6 years/100k additional (5240.00). It's a lot of dough, but I have a lot of options on the car and don't want to be sorry.

FYI, I checked autowarrantybroker.com online and the website would not sell me a warranty for an E55...?????
Old 12-30-2006, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by DarkStar
FYI, I checked autowarrantybroker.com online and the website would not sell me a warranty for an E55...?????
that's strange...it's listed as a covered vehicle through their website.