Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at 03 E55's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at 03 E55's

I don't think I will be able to afford anything newer around here, unless I can find a deal on a 04 or a 05. I have found an 03 around here with 29,000 miles (28,997), with no push start or vent seats. It is certified so it will have a warranty till 2008 I drove it today and it felt pretty good, only thing 4-door vehicle with power I've driven in awhile is a 06 m5. It's a buddy's car and I want to make sure from a stop (at the track) I'll be able to get him.

Stock for stock at the track, how close is a 06 M5 vs a E55, need to see if I need a pulley. I know at over a 120 the M5 starts rolling.

Are the 03's able to get the updated rack, IC Pump, and Supercharger cluch pack. I know that it has to be diagnosed with the problems to get them replaced. Also do I want to have every computer flash I can do, or do I want to ask for up to a certain date? I do know a friend at one of the MB dealerships here in Houston that can do the -10 mod, so that should be easy.

How do 03s fair to 04-06's in Dyno numbers. I've heard rumors that the 03's actually do tend to make more hp, is this true and if so why?

As far as recalls or service problems do the 03's have any major problems compared to other years. I know this is the first year of the supercharged version.

One last thing are either one of the Houston dealers mod friendly (like is a pulley a not a big deal like some FORD dealers are on 03/04 Cobras, Lightnings, etc.)

I've got a week of researching before I can make a final judgement on the car or if any new ones show up. I really want something I can drive everyday (I drive maybe 200 miles or 300 miles max a week) without worrying about anything. Of course in bad weather, flooding and god forbid it snow in Houston I do have a Z71 for that. Having a big truck and having to park it is not fun anymore, neither is having a car thats fun for 8 seconds then more work and money.

I know I'll probably get told to use the search button, but I did go back to the 12th page looking at different info.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i would not buy a 1st year car, my 03 clk55 was in the dealer once a month on average

the pulley/ecu flash would be my first mods, regardless if you beat your friend stock or not, its never enough

sorry i cant answer more of your q's, im sure someone else w/ more knowledge on the specifics will be able to help you.

goodluck
Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 AM

Also what needs to be done to get the stereo to accept and use either a Mp3 CD or a iPod in a 03?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have CPO warranty and extended warranty...

I would have it any other way..

03's are a bit more rough than the newer MYs, but it can all be corrected.

I have a crazy chirping problem and probably slipping belt with my ASP pulley. Also, the IC pump is probably not working that well.. since I reach 100c on freeway runs very often.

For the price and comfort.. its a no brainer. Why buy a new E550 when you can have an E55.

I bought my car in Sept 06 with only 16k miles for $53k. Now you should find one around 49k+
Old 01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

German
BUMP!!! Im also in the market for a 03 E55 with warranty ...in the mid to high $40k .... how long is the factory MB warranty on E55 ? 4 years or 50k miles ? Does MB offer a extended warranty ? price ?