W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the major services and when on the E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
What are the major services and when on the E55?

I'm closing in on picking up an 06' E55 and wondered what the major services were and costs over 60k miles. The car has 20k on it now (lease) and I would conceivably drive the remaining 40k.
Should I look to make sure something has been completed recently?
What do i have in store, other then oil changes, over the next 40k miles.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Midcont
I'm closing in on picking up an 06' E55 and wondered what the major services were and costs over 60k miles. The car has 20k on it now (lease) and I would conceivably drive the remaining 40k.
Should I look to make sure something has been completed recently?
What do i have in store, other then oil changes, over the next 40k miles.

Not much. One thing to consider is how often the oil is changed. A leased customer will probably only do it when they must (about every 12K miles). That may or may not be good enough for you. Also, keep in mind that the car will likely need and inspection at about 25k miles (once every 13K). This is typically not expensive, but does often include brake pads as well. With 20K on th car, I assume it has only had 1 oil change in its life. You could look at a potential $1K service (including brakes) at the 25K mark.

Is this a private sale or dealer? If dealer, is it CPO? If dealer and CPO, just get them to throw in an oil change and check the brakes.

Last thing, other service requirements depending on how the car has been treated are air filters (for car and HVAC), etc. Nothing else.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 PM

E63
This would be taking over a lease until its conclusion, 10k miles or so would potentially be out of warranty, although it depends how much i wind up putting on.
The car has been used basically only on the highway, and has thus put on 20k miles in 10 months. I will check records to make sure oil changes have been performed but the miles/time would make me tend to think the brakes are not worn like a typical car with equivelent miles.
I will check it out.
By the way I think I heard some squeeking from the belt on the supercharger, is that something that needs to get addressed immediatly or something that can wait?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
You would be surprised how fast pads get eaten up from highway speeds. Get the belt and tensioners looked at...there should be no squeak.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
There should be no classic belt squeek, however, it isn't the quietest engine in all the land.

You never said where you were getting it from and if it has CPO?

Trust me on the pads. I don't care how you drive it. My dad's '06 E350 just needed replacing and it has 25K miles on it. Mine go 10K miles, at best but I'm hard on my brakes.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:39 PM

'06 E55
I just ahd my second service (20K). I'd have to look at the reciept for what was done- ran me $400. Not bad over 10K miles.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 PM

E63
Originally Posted by jangy
There should be no classic belt squeek, however, it isn't the quietest engine in all the land.

You never said where you were getting it from and if it has CPO?

Trust me on the pads. I don't care how you drive it. My dad's '06 E350 just needed replacing and it has 25K miles on it. Mine go 10K miles, at best but I'm hard on my brakes.
I'm looking at taking over a lease.
The car is under factory warranty until 50k, lease has 65k miles allowed on it...i'm not sure I would get that far but it has 30 mos left on the lease so I would either end the lease still under warranty (time wise) or be up to 15k miles outside of lease (mile wise)
Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I'm looking at taking over a lease.
The car is under factory warranty until 50k, lease has 65k miles allowed on it...i'm not sure I would get that far but it has 30 mos left on the lease so I would either end the lease still under warranty (time wise) or be up to 15k miles outside of lease (mile wise)
So, it is a private party? I assume it is one of the ones that was leased at the daddy money factor (like mine) of 0.00125? You can always get an extended warranty after you get in it. Check it out for cosmetic damage, etc. Don't be concerned with warranty things, since they will get taken care of.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What parts are you in? One of the SD Crew may be interested in letting his leased '06 go and it is LOADED and has only 5k miles on it. The 0.00125 money factor just makes these rides sooo right.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:23 AM

E63
What parts are you in? One of the SD Crew may be interested in letting his leased '06 go and it is LOADED and has only 5k miles on it. The 0.00125 money factor just makes these rides sooo right.
Im in NJ
Old 01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Im in NJ

Hmmm, so a bit on the opposite coast. The car is sweet, though.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 AM

E63
Not much. One thing to consider is how often the oil is changed. A leased customer will probably only do it when they must (about every 12K miles). That may or may not be good enough for you. Also, keep in mind that the car will likely need and inspection at about 25k miles (once every 13K). This is typically not expensive, but does often include brake pads as well. With 20K on th car, I assume it has only had 1 oil change in its life. You could look at a potential $1K service (including brakes) at the 25K mark.

Is this a private sale or dealer? If dealer, is it CPO? If dealer and CPO, just get them to throw in an oil change and check the brakes.

Last thing, other service requirements depending on how the car has been treated are air filters (for car and HVAC), etc. Nothing else.
Bringing this thread back up because I now have some service records. The car was recently (less the 3k miles ago) given FSS-B service described on the invoice as "flexible service plus major maintenance".
Is that the 25k service (done at 20k miles)? It was a $280 service.

I also see that the belt tensioner pully was recently replaced (I still heard a squeak from the belt) and that Relay Air Injector Pump was done at the first service.