Kid in 85 Toyota gets crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Kid in 85 Toyota gets crazy

so i am heading over to valley fair from my office and as i am getting on 280 at Wolfe Road I see a kid in i think an 85 Toyota coming up quick on me in carpool lane trying to pass me as we merge onto the freeway at noon and to avoid getting run off the road and being jammed by an old car i hammer it and quickly rip around the quick on ramp and am up to 110 before you know it. So i get over in the fast lane and slow it down to 85 and all of a sudden i see him scream up and fly by my flagging me on asking me to race. I just laugh it off and continue on my way and once traffic cleared slowly caught up to him and hit the fun button at the bottom of the floor and the car literally launched like a muscle car. I laugh and I look in my mirror and see him fly over 3 lanes to cut through traffic and he looks like is playing slalom with cars on the freeway to catch me and pass me. He blazes by me looking over at me saying come on and proceeds to dodge in and out of traffic like a mad man.

I don't condone racing on the freeway unless there is alot of open space but I wasn't even in it as it would have been a joke but this guy was an idiot. The car was a POS but must have been built as I have never seen an old toyota get up and go like that. He was in need of a good set of sway bars as there was mad body roll while he was weaving in and out of traffic.

hopefully no one will flame on me but i thought it was funny as the guy thought he outran the beast.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline

i was coming back from sd (when i went for the meet) and on the way back a late 70's rx7 (with cut off fenders, wheels sticking out a good 2-3in and 4 point belts ) wanted to play. i was like ok.... from about 70 i floor it and at 100 hes still on my ***, i was like wtf i pulled on him hard after 100 but it tripped me out. the car was a ****in beater, old paint, dents etc... we come up on traffic and stop, i look over at the guy and said "that thing is fast", he laughs and says "ls1" and revs it so i told him that thats a sick car and a real sleeper and he said i was the coolest guy "with a high end car" he ever met. we played around a little more and went our separate ways
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by baldmike73
so i am heading over to valley fair from my office and as i am getting on 280 at Wolfe Road I see a kid in i think an 85 Toyota coming up quick on me in carpool lane trying to pass me as we merge onto the freeway at noon and to avoid getting run off the road and being jammed by an old car i hammer it and quickly rip around the quick on ramp and am up to 110 before you know it. So i get over in the fast lane and slow it down to 85 and all of a sudden i see him scream up and fly by my flagging me on asking me to race. I just laugh it off and continue on my way and once traffic cleared slowly caught up to him and hit the fun button at the bottom of the floor and the car literally launched like a muscle car. I laugh and I look in my mirror and see him fly over 3 lanes to cut through traffic and he looks like is playing slalom with cars on the freeway to catch me and pass me. He blazes by me looking over at me saying come on and proceeds to dodge in and out of traffic like a mad man.

I don't condone racing on the freeway unless there is alot of open space but I wasn't even in it as it would have been a joke but this guy was an idiot. The car was a POS but must have been built as I have never seen an old toyota get up and go like that. He was in need of a good set of sway bars as there was mad body roll while he was weaving in and out of traffic.

hopefully no one will flame on me but i thought it was funny as the guy thought he outran the beast.
He might think that he's Fujiwara Takumi, the character from the Manga and Anime "Initial D"........
Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Antique VW Scirocco actually pulled over (next to me) in hopes I would go for it on the highway last week. Killed him Braveheart style. Pulled up to him and heard the pipes start whining and I let him think he was getting the kill. He is slowly pulling away and probably texting his little friends as it's happening.....then OH NO!!!

Poor dude....think he even had turb as I heard him let off with the famous turbo exhale.