ipod and E55 or any newer benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
ipod and E55 or any newer benz

my stereo guy just got back from vegas and told me in a few months there wil be a ipod conection that will run off our stock decks display screen that looks just like the ipods screen. and it will retail for 600 bucks. so if you are thinkin about ipod hook up id wait to see this thing i know i am.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
sounds good to me, the Mercedes ipod interface is pretty bad....

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
my stereo guy just got back from vegas and told me in a few months there wil be a ipod conection that will run off our stock decks display screen that looks just like the ipods screen. and it will retail for 600 bucks. so if you are thinkin about ipod hook up id wait to see this thing i know i am.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Denison Gateway500 ipod kit

I was looking for a denison ipod kit for the MOST mb fiber optics based cars and I realized that they finally brought it to market.

They have hands down the BEST kit I have ever seen. You now get to keep the cd changer where as their kit for the d2b fiber optics based cars forced you to replace the cd changer with the ipod.

The kit has full function though the command screen, it allows for viewing the album covers, and it allows full you to use all the play lists as seen on the ipod it self.

In addition, it has inputs for memory sticks and data cards and it also has inputs for external storage devices such as a hard drive etc,

They call this ipod kit the Gateway 500 and can be found on thier web page.

Yes it does cost a lot more than the MB kit but it addresses all the problems I see with the MB kit and it also does (I THINK) not require you to wire to the rear sam unit like you must with the mb kit (for the W211 and C219).

Maybe this is the same item but denison has stopped importing and selling through best by. I do not know where or how to purchse these but I think they would sell very well if they were marketed correctly.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
that sounds like the one he was talkin about but ill have the name of the unit and the release date tuesday when he calls me back on some other stuff.