Tuner Customer Service reality check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Tuner Customer Service reality check

As many of you know, my crew is having some issues with our RennTech Stage 1 setups. we've been beating on James and he has been GREAT. I just don't see any sense of urgency from RennTech's part. I'm getting pissed and wonder if I should be. I thought I was being pretty patient about this, but not much is getting done from RennTech's end. Creative will do whatever we want, but i have tried not to have them do anything that isn't value added. I don't want them wasting resources just to make us feel better. We really can't make this right without RennTech stepping up.
At this point, I am about to turn on them and just get our money back and make them pay for full damages and costs of returning our cars to stock (including my crank if needed). Any thoughts by others that have dealt with tuners during these times? I don't want Creative to be the scapegoat. Even if install was the issue (which it isn't the only one as the ECU flashes also are tainted and they were done purely by RennTech), I place some responsibility on Renntech to provide a new bolt in their "kit" and / or to provide detailed instructions.
What should I do? I pay too much for this car to have it sit and the SDCrew has wasted a great deal of their time on this as it is.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
What exactly are they NOT doing for you ?? Have you spoken with anybody ? You mention they are not helping but you don't say what you need help with or how they need to step up... Please Explain some more... Thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Cosm
What exactly are they NOT doing for you ?? Have you spoken with anybody ? You mention they are not helping but you don't say what you need help with or how they need to step up... Please Explain some more... Thanks
I need all foour members bolts replaced before we have another failure. NOT DONE.

I need someone to take a look at each of my crew members cars and verify that they are safe to drive. NOT DONE.

I need my car looked at to see if the wobbling pulley caused any damage. NOT DONE.

I need my shredded belt replaced ONCE the install has been checked. NOT DONE.

I need RennTech to get their ECU program fixed, so that a flashed car doesn't run slower than one without. NOT DONE.

I need to know why I shouldn't sue for all the time and effort this has cost us. Creative has been great and is trying to address all those concerns, but where is their support?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 AM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Originally Posted by jangy
I need all foour members bolts replaced before we have another failure. NOT DONE.

I need someone to take a look at each of my crew members cars and verify that they are safe to drive. NOT DONE.

I need my car looked at to see if the wobbling pulley caused any damage. NOT DONE.

I need my shredded belt replaced ONCE the install has been checked. NOT DONE.

I need RennTech to get their ECU program fixed, so that a flashed car doesn't run slower than one without. NOT DONE.

I need to know why I shouldn't sue for all the time and effort this has cost us. Creative has been great and is trying to address all those concerns, but where is their support?
Where did you get the Renntech stage 1 installed at ?? I would think they are responsible for 1-4 and I understand about the ECU, have you shipped it out to them yet ?? I guess it would be hard for a tuner to tune a car especially if they don't have the car in front of them.. I live by Renntech in FL and their Customer service has been great for me but then again they have my car in their hands and can see EXACTLY what is going on, its like doing computer tech support over the phone, not very easy to figure a problem out without actually seeing it in person. I am POSITIVE that Renntech is not trying to mess you up, I don't think they are a fly by night business. They have a good reputation and have been around for a while that is why I chose to have renntech stuff on my car.

Who has creative spoken with at renntech ? Try calling renntech up and asking for the owner..

There are alot of cars that have renntech mods and I am sure most are happy with both their service and upgrades.

It kinda looks like you want them to perform a miracle without giving them a chance.

I am also having some issues with renntech and my car but I KNOW I will be taken care of in the end.

I guess sometimes you gotta be patient and it will come around....
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Cosm
Where did you get the Renntech stage 1 installed at ?? I would think they are responsible for 1-4 and I understand about the ECU, have you shipped it out to them yet ?? I guess it would be hard for a tuner to tune a car especially if they don't have the car in front of them.. I live by Renntech in FL and their Customer service has been great for me but then again they have my car in their hands and can see EXACTLY what is going on, its like doing computer tech support over the phone, not very easy to figure a problem out without actually seeing it in person. I am POSITIVE that Renntech is not trying to mess you up, I don't think they are a fly by night business. They have a good reputation and have been around for a while that is why I chose to have renntech stuff on my car.

Who has creative spoken with at renntech ? Try calling renntech up and asking for the owner..

There are alot of cars that have renntech mods and I am sure most are happy with both their service and upgrades.

It kinda looks like you want them to perform a miracle without giving them a chance.

I am also having some issues with renntech and my car but I KNOW I will be taken care of in the end.

I guess sometimes you gotta be patient and it will come around....
I went with them due to their reputation as well. i am not expecting a miracle, but some type of acknowledgement that we are on their to do list would be nice. This isn't a normal customer service request, and I won't go hunting down the owner. they know of the issue. I get nothing in return. No plan or timeline on what they will do. I have even thrown out an offer to do MORE business with them and the response was less than reassuring. An act of good faith is not fixing the issues when and if they feel like it. Creative came to my rescue on a weekend during his vacation. What has RennTech done? Well, they went to some bs show and tell up in NorCal. Hmmm....
Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Just call up Renntech and speak to them directly.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Just call up Renntech and speak to them directly.
I suppose as a last resort I will, but Creative has been in contact and communicated my concerns. My car has been down for quite a few days and we have no clue what the future holds for it. i didn't shell out $4K X 4 cars to be treated this way. Whne I have MB issues, MB customer servcie calls me. When I had the MP Design issue you did. Just knowing that it will be dealt with was enough.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I went with them due to their reputation as well. i am not expecting a miracle, but some type of acknowledgement that we are on their to do list would be nice. This isn't a normal customer service request, and I won't go hunting down the owner. they know of the issue. I get nothing in return. No plan or timeline on what they will do. I have even thrown out an offer to do MORE business with them and the response was less than reassuring. An act of good faith is not fixing the issues when and if they feel like it. Creative came to my rescue on a weekend during his vacation. What has RennTech done? Well, they went to some bs show and tell up in NorCal. Hmmm....
wow bro i see your upset and im sorry your havin problems. but i can agree witm cosm the first 4 things on your list should be takin care of by your installer. renntech has nuttin to do with thoes things. the bad ECU yes i agree 100% they should fix. i had a problem with mt ECU and tony drove to sacramento and e-mail back and fourth to harmut a few times and it was fixed right then and there. what has your shop said about your ECU?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
wow bro i see your upset and im sorry your havin problems. but i can agree witm cosm the first 4 things on your list should be takin care of by your installer. renntech has nuttin to do with thoes things. the bad ECU yes i agree 100% they should fix. i had a problem with mt ECU and tony drove to sacramento and e-mail back and fourth to harmut a few times and it was fixed right then and there. what has your shop said about your ECU?
Actually RennTech has everything to do with it. Where is the bolt in the kit? Why is Creative having to order MB parts from MB. WHERE IS MY BELT? That is a RennTech Item. If I were a business I would have overnighted it for sure!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
and for the record, i'm not upset yet. I am getting there. My crew has concerns and no one is giving us a definitive answer. Does RennTech want customers for life or is it all on a single sale basis. If the later, give me my money back and go away.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Actually RennTech has everything to do with it. Where is the bolt in the kit? Why is Creative having to order MB parts from MB. WHERE IS MY BELT? That is a RennTech Item. If I were a business I would have overnighted it for sure!
i dont know if they are supposed to give a new bolt or a new belt but if they were and your shop didnt get them, why did they install? maybe they got the stuff and didnt use it i dont know. your right though if you need some parts they should over night it. i think your puttin to much on renntech and not enough on your shop.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Talking

sorry your having so many problems bro, remember kleeman>renntech, i believe i told you that before
Old 01-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by AMG_55
remember kleeman>renntech, i believe i told you that before
You must be smokin some good **** my friend.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Maybe there shouldn't be so much blame placed on RennTech.

Install error has to be placed before faulty product in your check-list, considering there are X number of 55K pulley kits out there, it doesn't make sense that just the kits delivered to the SD crew are malfunctioning.

Also, just because James drove up to your location doesn't mean he didn't initially install the product incorrectly. This has to be investigated, and will be hard to since the pulley was adjusted after the initial failure. Publically questioning RennTech before all the facts are known isn't going to help you in any way.

My advice, place the car in the hands of a Mercedes Benz technician to diagnose any damage done to your engine and see if in fact the pulley is damaged or was installed wrong then progress from there. Do NOT let the installing shop diagnose the problem they have an interest in the problem (their liability as the installer), please learn from my mistake!

Last edited by eightyseven; 01-31-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
You must be smokin some good **** my friend.
og kush, best weed in the world
Old 01-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
og kush, best weed in the world
You use UPS at all? And do u accept paypal?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
dont use ups they can open packages for any reason. usps has to have a reason to open packages. usps also dosnt "loose" packs either. trust me i know.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
sorry bro, you gotta come out to cali to get the full experience
btw,
cash only
Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
dont use ups they can open packages for any reason. usps has to have a reason to open packages. usps also dosnt "loose" packs either. trust me i know.
you think i can compress some into an envelope for neal
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Now this is what u call a threadjack! Sorry Jangy.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
you think i can compress some into an envelope for neal
usps has boxes you must use priority or express with delivery comformation waive the signature. yes jangy sorry for the high jack
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
usps has boxes you must use priority or express with delivery comformation waive the signature. yes jangy sorry for the high jack
i dont wanna walk into a post office.... id rather just drop it in a random mailbox with a random adress on it

yes, no, maybe so

im afraid once neal tries it he'll want more though
Old 01-31-2007, 03:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
i dont wanna walk into a post office.... id rather just drop it in a random mailbox with a random adress on it

yes, no, maybe so

Neal may just move to cali for the shiznit if its so good!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

yes, no, maybe so

no bro you got it all wrong. what if it gets lost? what if it makes it and the reciver says it never came. the people at the post office dont care who you are. but true dont put your real return addy. i dont know if your just playin or not but if you do mail things like that you should pm me you phone number i will be able to explain things better why you do things certain ways.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Neal may just move to cali for the shiznit if its so good!
best in the world (most potent), no joke, look it up on google or some ****: OG KUSH

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuner Customer Service reality check