W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Any ECU mods on '05 or '06 cars with proof of gains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
yes sir 06 all updates. i had the first flash that wasnt right so adam reflashed a different file and bam there it was just as they claimed. i talked about this on another thread that why is there different files for different cars. after my headers were installed adam wanted to keep my car longer so he could try different files to get the best gains. that is crazy to me i would think they are all the same but hey what do i know.
They are definitely different and VIN specific. Maybe Adam could help RENNTech get theirs straight?
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:33 AM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Thanks. I'll be honest with you up front. As you've learned i'm opinionated and speak my mind. That got me on a bad start with EVoSport, so I just don't see me getting in good with them again. I do like your products and style, so maybe we can start over.
I completely understand and respect that. ::hug::
Old 02-02-2007 | 01:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by StealthAuto
I completely understand and respect that. ::hug::
By the way, i love the grill!!
Old 02-02-2007 | 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
My friend first got EvoSport pullies installed on his E55. His car got significantly faster. Then he did the ECU upgrade a couple of weeks later and he did notice a pretty nice jump in hp and tq. I raced him and I could tell the difference from pre-ECU to post-ECU. The car wasn't dynoed, but I saw the results and he said he definitely feels a difference. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 02-02-2007 | 11:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
My friend first got EvoSport pullies installed on his E55. His car got significantly faster. Then he did the ECU upgrade a couple of weeks later and he did notice a pretty nice jump in hp and tq. I raced him and I could tell the difference from pre-ECU to post-ECU. The car wasn't dynoed, but I saw the results and he said he definitely feels a difference. Hope that helps somewhat.
Can you give details on his car? Is it an '06? Does it have the secondary injector flash? etc?
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
It is an '05. I don't think he did the MB required flash. I'll talk to him later tonight and ask him.
Old 02-02-2007 | 01:23 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I have an 06. My tech told me that I didn't need the injector flash because the ECU was preprogramed at the factory. I've had my car in the shop a couple of times and each time I'm told the same thing. No flash needed.
Old 02-02-2007 | 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Jangy,
To answer your questions:
1. Evo did an 06 that came factory flashed from what I remember? Powerchip had to do the same thing they did with my car. The Powerchip flash has worked the first time on our cars after installing pre-recall software.
2. Kleemann has had to do the same thing. However, I know that Kleemann has had to try several different programs on several cars. I am pretty sure that all the cars that I am aware of are up and running now. Chiromikey is a good one to ask on that.
3. I have no idea about Renntech. From what I understood they can load their software without going thru the first step?

People PM'd me curious as to why I said the gain was small. LOL
I am very happy that I got the evo pulley and Powerchip combo. When I said the gain is small, take that with a grain of salt coming from a girl with 517 at the wheels. In the scope of things that is small to me. For someone that is looking for more power without all the mods, that is a great option. I would just add Vrus's TB to that. That is by far my favorite mod.
Old 02-02-2007 | 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Very nice. So it looks like RennTech is the only one that can actually ECU mod an E55 with the most recent flashes. Good to know.