Sponsored by:

Renntech LM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Also,what does this do to the alignment when the car's ride height is changed so drastically?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Jangy,

When you adjust on the fly,are you adjusting both front and rear with one knob or do you have to turn seperate knobs?Follow me?Say you have the car slammed down and you want to run it at a higher setting,can you just turn a single know or do you have to go through a big procedure?I understand the cars stock raise lower button still works but can you do all of the raising and lowering from the LM on the fly?

With the Airmatic, each of the fronts has its own knob and the rear has a single knob. So, to answer your question, you have to turn three knobs to raise or lower the entire car (unless you use the car's own systems which still do their thing). The beauty is that turning three knobs is not that hard and you can adjust rake very simply.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Also,what does this do to the alignment when the car's ride height is changed so drastically?
I had the car tweaked to my most common use setting and had it aligned. I drive so hard that I don't get uneven wear from camber, etc. Many use the module's mid point as the alignment setting. All up to you. For me it depends what I am doing and what setting it will be in. Most tracks are smooth enough that I can "slam" it and still have enough clearance and travel, so I would align it there if I were off to the track.
Alignment is such a particular thing. In reality, your alignment settings would change depending on the track type. Just using the MB settings isn't the ideal performance setting anyway.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by jangy
With the Airmatic, each of the fronts has its own knob and the rear has a single knob. So, to answer your question, you have to turn three knobs to raise or lower the entire car (unless you use the car's own systems which still do their thing). The beauty is that turning three knobs is not that hard and you can adjust rake very simply.

Hope that helps.
Do the **** have markings on them so you can get an idea of where the setting is at? Wheres those close up shots of your LM box and the ****,do they show what the markings look like?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Do the **** have markings on them so you can get an idea of where the setting is at? Wheres those close up shots of your LM box and the ****,do they show what the markings look like?
no there is no marks but that is a good idea. i think im gonna mark mine at the lowest setting i like so if i raise it for some reason i can put it right back down where i like it easy. thanks for the idea bro.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
If there is no marks then how do you get the height even?Do you have to get out and physically measure it?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If there is no marks then how do you get the height even?Do you have to get out and physically measure it?
I don't about you guys but that's exactly what I do. Bust out the tape measure and get it down to 1/8" of one another.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
ya that is how it was set tape measure. i dont move it so i didnt think about puttin marks untill you said that. that got me thinkin if i do move it i want it right back where it was easy.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
No way. That is way too complicated. The knobs have a notch in them. When the notches face the front of the car, they ae at the "0" setting. You have 9 "clicks" to use, so it is easy as **** to just do it by feel. Now, if your car is off to begin with, then you may need one front to be a setting above or below the other to make them even. I had my Airmatic calibrated to avoid that. I just use the module to raise and lower, not to adjust left to right.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by jangy
No way. That is way too complicated. The knobs have a notch in them. When the notches face the front of the car, they ae at the "0" setting. You have 9 "clicks" to use, so it is easy as **** to just do it by feel. Now, if your car is off to begin with, then you may need one front to be a setting above or below the other to make them even. I had my Airmatic calibrated to avoid that. I just use the module to raise and lower, not to adjust left to right.
Ok,that sounds better.The **** have a click feel when turned so you have some sort of relation to where you were and where you're going.