W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New E63 here, need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 12:08 AM
Almost a Member!

New E63 here, need help!

Couple of questions. One my motorola razr V3c will not pair with my BT module, any help. If this is going to be an issue I'll just get a new phone. I'm a verizon customer, anyone know of a phone that works completely with all functions (phone book etc.) with no issues that is a verizon firmware phone? Second, I was training the voice control and during that time somehow the left bank of speakers went silent and I can't seem to get them back. It's not a balance issue or sound processing as I've tried all of that. Any way to reset this thing? Would love the help. Had her out a little today and it's very impressive. I did notice a little shimmy that I'd rather not have so I guess the tires may need rebalanced. Anyway, that's my only real issue with the new beast. Gonna have my wife line it up against the old '07 Z06 and see just how well she keeps up
Old 02-04-2007 | 11:37 AM

2012 SLS AMG
There is a link from the MBUSA site that will give you BT pairing for verizon and other companies. It should support the RAZR and the KRAZR as well as my motorola E710. The E710 is an older (6 mos - 1 year) but it pairs perfectly (phonebook and all).

Not sure about the voice command cause I don't have that feature. Something strange about talking to a car

As for the shimmy, it may be the tires. The Conti 2's have a tendency to do that after the car sits for a little while. Driving and warming up the tires usually results in it being gone until the car sits again for a while. I have 3500 miles on them and am getting ready to switch out for the PS2's or the Goodyear G1.

Hey, how do you like the ZO6? I can't decide whether to get that or a 997 Turbo? Obviously have to convince the wife but I would really like to have one of those as a fun car. Guess I'm getting old as well b/c I would like to have some level of comfort.

Congrats on the car and welcome.
Old 02-04-2007 | 11:57 AM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by e63z06cobra
Gonna have my wife line it up against the old '07 Z06 and see just how well she keeps up
Only natural to compare. Can't wait to take mine to the track to see..Initial impression though is that it can't keep up with my Viper...now that is strictly 'seat of the pants impression' but I've been driving fast cars long enough to make a general assumtion(I'm talking stock vs stock)...so don't be too optumistic against your Z06. The best magazine numbers I could find for an E63 were 12.5 @ 116. Now granted this is on a 4,000lb.+ car..pretty impressive!!

Now I don't plan on having my car stock for long, there are alot of knowledgable people on this forum with many years of AMG experience.
I'm sure i'm going to have lots of questions(some smart, some not) as to the mechanics of the E63. This is my first Benz so not that familiar with engine,drivetrain etc... But i will assume again, just like with any engine, the larger amount and faster you could move air in and out of the engine(with the right amount of fuel) the faster the car will be...so let's start with the intake!!
Old 02-04-2007 | 12:06 PM

CL65
"The best magazine numbers I could find for an E63 were 12.5 @ 116."

What magazine and issue?
Old 02-04-2007 | 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by waxking1
"The best magazine numbers I could find for an E63 were 12.5 @ 116."

What magazine and issue?
Sorry my mistake(got numbers reversed) it was 12.6@115 Feb'07 C&D
Old 02-04-2007 | 12:57 PM
Almost a Member!

I LOVE the z06 but I had an '04 z06 before and I knew what I was getting. I know nothing about the 997 other than that it is about 45 to 50k more expensive. Add 1/5th of that money in mods to a z06 and NO ONE without a heavily modded car will even come close to touching you.....NO ONE. I'm guessing the tire issue will either resolve or I'll resolve it with new meats. Don't misunderstand me, I know after driving both that the AMG, while awesome from the performance standpoint, is simply no match for the z06. Completely different animals, I just would like to see how close the car can hang. The real race will be when my superformance cobra is completed. At 2600-2700 lbs with a 590 cu in big block making nearly 700hp and over 700 ft lbs of torque it may well give the z06 a run. That's going to have to be a 40-140 type run, not from a standstill. Love this forum, you guys are really great and helpful. My biggest surprise was reading the manual last night. This car does so much amazing **** my head was spinning. It is a techno marvel for sure, however, I'd like to just have a couple of classes to take on the command system instead of trying to figure it out by the manual
Old 02-04-2007 | 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by e63z06cobra
I LOVE the z06 but I had an '04 z06 before and I knew what I was getting. I know nothing about the 997 other than that it is about 45 to 50k more expensive. Add 1/5th of that money in mods to a z06 and NO ONE without a heavily modded car will even come close to touching you.....NO ONE. I'm guessing the tire issue will either resolve or I'll resolve it with new meats. Don't misunderstand me, I know after driving both that the AMG, while awesome from the performance standpoint, is simply no match for the z06. Completely different animals, I just would like to see how close the car can hang. The real race will be when my superformance cobra is completed. At 2600-2700 lbs with a 590 cu in big block making nearly 700hp and over 700 ft lbs of torque it may well give the z06 a run. That's going to have to be a 40-140 type run, not from a standstill. Love this forum, you guys are really great and helpful. My biggest surprise was reading the manual last night. This car does so much amazing **** my head was spinning. It is a techno marvel for sure, however, I'd like to just have a couple of classes to take on the command system instead of trying to figure it out by the manual

Know what you mean. I had an '02 Z06 and absolutely loved the car. Also had a '99 Z51..just recently switched to a Viper (and boy is that car addictive)..but I also agree . This forum is great.And as far as my new E63...never thought I could have so much fun with an automatic. This is my second day with the car and I don't want to get out of it. Didn't even tackle the manual yet.