W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Warranty Trip to the Dealer... what to expect...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Question First Warranty Trip to the Dealer... what to expect...

Here are the issues:
  • On initial startup, I often get the "low battery, convenience functions temporarily unavailable. Battery was replaced by selling dealer end of December, so it's not that. BCM / PCM issue?
  • The entry / exit convenience feature does not work even though it is "turned on" through the dash programming. The steering wheel moves up, but the seat does not slide back. I sit fairly close to the wheel and it would be nice to not drag my feet against the door getting out.
  • small oil leak- have had about 10 drips on garage floor in past 5-6 weeks of ownership. I LOATHE cars that leak- but don't want the "fix" to do more harm than good.

Question is this - should I let them tackle the first 2, make sur they don't mess anything up and then try again for the third? I hate taking a car in for warranty work - I've had too many come back worse than whenthey went in - and I am not holding out for a better experience with M-B. It's been several years since i have had a car that actually NEEDED a service appointment - as I have a tech that does most things, and a couple of cars have had ZERO warranty issues (far less costly cars, at that) I do not know how many AMG cars this dealer sells - but I don't see them being a truly performance oriented dealer - more like "sell the crap out of C classes, and E350 - but some with the 'Sport package' "

So - what should I expect? or
Old 02-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
The battery warning was a DTB for earlier models, but I thought it was fixed by the '06s. Either way, it is not a big deal and they can fix it. It has to do with when the car is triggered to charge the front or rear battery.
The Seat portion of that feature: there are 2 stories circulating. One is that it has been turned off and can be turned back on through star. The other is that it only moves the seat IF the seat is in a particular range of its motion, so as not to crush anyone behind you. I ride with mine pretty far back, so mine counts as the second excuse. If you really ride with it close to the wheel, it should go back.
The oil leak. YIKES!! Get it checked out. the few drops you may see are NOTHING compared to the volume the belly pans hold. All cars have a percentage that come with leaks from the factory or that have seals fail early on. The dealer should be able to fix it, depending on where it is coming from. Obviously, we all prefer not to open the factory seals if we don't need to, but sometimes you have no choice.
I say get it all done in a single visit. You can always take it back if they don't get it right the first time. Also, try another dealership if you do not feel comfortable with their experience.