Inexpensive Bluetooth Handsfree Mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Inexpensive Bluetooth Handsfree Mirror

Hey guys,

I just picked up this mirror from China. Pretty darn cool, sync'd with my Treo 700wx easily and works great. Moves from car to car (has internal battery). I love the pop out earpiece for keeping this private and using at gas pumps. Called Id on the mirror. I can go on and on. But I like it cause it's CHEAP.

AJ

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bluetooth-Hand...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

AMGs
How's the sound quality?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
I would be very interested to hear reviews of this. Seems too good to be true for the price?? The words 'made in China' doesnt inspire me with confidence.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
I would be very interested to hear reviews of this. Seems too good to be true for the price?? The words 'made in China' doesnt inspire me with confidence.
Sound quality is very good. I have a similar post on CLS55 forum. Well, I guess there is a handfull of electronics and various items that one can get from the factory. They dont really import to US. So, I have seen some UK and US eBays buy the alotment and sell them. About a year ago, I bought a SS anchor for my cruiser, excellent quality for only $100.00 USD. In marine stores around here the anchor was well over $350 plus shipping was high. This units build quality is great, not flimsy or cheap plastic. It feels like that rubberized plastic that is warm to the touch. No blemishes and all controls were laid out great. I have to guess, if you had this unit in stores, it would have to be around $250-$300, since it is all in one. Bluetooth, earpiece, internal speaker or FM to your car radio, internal battery [release date Oct 06]...yada yada. When searching the web, I saw that they also came out with a unit that had 2.0 bluetooth and wireless parking sensors which displayed it on the mirror. Neat. Anyways, for $100 you cant go wrong, and no one else will have it. Besides you can always give it to someone for a present if you dont like it.

"...[after driving around]...in my CLS is was a little tight fit because it would touch the overhead. I ended up lowering my seat a little to see fully out the rear window. Fits all my other cars just fine. It is VERY clear, and better than the ear piece motorola bluetooth I had. I liked using the built-in speaker because it was clear, and I can hit the mute button on the radio when on call. There is no echo or sounding like your talking from the bathroom. I grabbed the ear piece (fm transmitter) and the caller did not know I switched. Well, as a matter of fact, they did not know I was on speaker. Love the caller ID on the mirror, way cool. When off, the unit looks just like a regular mirror. You dont see that rectangle as on the web, I think thats from the lighting/angle in the photo taken. "

"can you hear me now?"