Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63AMG major problems??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63AMG major problems??

I tried doing some research on my problems before posting, but no luck. I bought my E63 about 6 weeks ago properly broke the car in and now it sit's at about 1200 miles. About a 3 day's ago I was leaving Home Depot and went to start the car and it stalled, tried a 2nd time and ONCE AGAIN! That problem started again today, but even WORSE now...I am on the highway and go to switch lanes and hit the throttle pretty hard and the car will not go over 4000 rpms?? The car just revs and does not move? I immediately pull over shut the car off and then go to restart and then it stalls. Finally I get the car started after a 3rd attempt and get back on the highway and wanted to see if the throttle issue was still there when hitting the pedal, the car was fine??

This is my first AMG car and I am very upset to say the least ....ALL help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking the car back to the dealership sometime tomorrow to have it looked at.

Thanks John~
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
Any malfunctions indicated?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Originally Posted by jcramair1
I tried doing some research on my problems before posting, but no luck. I bought my E63 about 6 weeks ago properly broke the car in and now it sit's at about 1200 miles. About a 3 day's ago I was leaving Home Depot and went to start the car and it stalled, tried a 2nd time and ONCE AGAIN! That problem started again today, but even WORSE now...I am on the highway and go to switch lanes and hit the throttle pretty hard and the car will not go over 4000 rpms?? The car just revs and does not move? I immediately pull over shut the car off and then go to restart and then it stalls. Finally I get the car started after a 3rd attempt and get back on the highway and wanted to see if the throttle issue was still there when hitting the pedal, the car was fine??

This is my first AMG car and I am very upset to say the least ....ALL help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking the car back to the dealership sometime tomorrow to have it looked at.

Thanks John~

Like I really didn't need to read this...or maybe I did.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Take it in and see what they say. Your problems are not "normal", as we would have heard of them by now. It is critical that you handle this all properly as there are laws to protect you and the manufacturer. Your issue is definitely "safety" related, so if there is an issue, MB will take care of you. All of this is with the assumption that you jump through all the hoops you are supposed to. MB will never take a look at a car and just offer you anything. If there were really such a case, they would do a full out recall first. Those lessons have been learned (by Ford) in the past, so now it is more all or none.
For now, take it in and let them see if they can either duplicate the issue or if there are codes associated. If not, then you have an issue. If there is, let them handle it and just document EVERYTHING. DO NOT start any kind of distracting fight as it will do you no good. Just relax. Do what you should do and all be fine.
PM me if you need moral support.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM

The check engine light is on and that is the only indication so far. "Jangy thanks for the prompt and supportive response". I will take there tomorrow and see what happens from there. I hope that it is nothing major
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
I believe someone else on the forum had the same issue..stalling, then not starting..with their 63. But don't think it's an E. Search CLS threads maybe it is there. Understand your frustration. Had the first year of a 545i (2004). First three months car was at the dealer for 7 weeks. They paid a months lease payment. Like Jangy mentioned, at first hand it diplomatically. Be cooperative..it will be hard...then if you are not satisfied with the way it is handled, take it to the next level. Good Luck
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The check engine light is on and that is the only indication so far. "Jangy thanks for the prompt and supportive response". I will take there tomorrow and see what happens from there. I hope that it is nothing major
The light being on is good. even if it goes away, the code should be saved in the system. One reason i always (mostly) buy a new car is not to have to worry about or deal with these issues. Don't take this the wrong way, but it really doesn't matter if it is a big deal or small. It simply matters that the experience does NOT taint your feel for the car. if it is a big deal, then MB will buck up and get you into a new one. If it is minor, then it is fixed and you are oin your way. either way, it is the experience that will affect you.
You will be fine. All of MB's systems are setup to flush out the frivilous cases and yours is not one of those. Again, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Do not mention it to the Service Advisor. GET IT IN WRITTING.

What dealer do you go to for service. You will also want to go to someone with experience with AMGs.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 AM

2006 E55

Thanks John~
John
Assuming you are in California, be aware that California has the MOST liberal Lemon Law in the country. If a vehicle problem can potentially cause serious injury or death the manufacturer has no more than three times to fix the vehicle and must take it back. Sometimes by the 2nd time the vehicle can be returned. I have had two vehicles( Nissan Titan/BMW X5 4.8) returned because of stalling and my ex had hers (BMW 5) returned after it stalled at high speeds on the freeway. An electrical problem is the hardrest to find and for them to disprove. Another friend had his one year old BMW 6 series returned after 5 dealer visits over the convertible top.

I have a great California lemon law attorney. A little know fact is that you DO NOT have to follow the manufacturers arbitration guidelines......you are by no means obligated contrary to what they tell you. If you want more info let me know......also it costs you nothing. All attorney costs MUST be paid by the vehicles manufacturer.

Steve

Last edited by sgtstanko; 03-07-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 AM

2012 SLS AMG
E63 stuff...

Have been here since the beginning of the E63 discussions and have never heard of this. Mine had a sensor go bad w/o any hit in performance but nothing major. Has been great since I bought it. With every make/model there are a few that have issues. This is by NO means normal.
Someone did mention that the car stores codes so this should be found quickly. Most dealers, especially yours, will give you a daily driver while they fix the problem. Let us know. Good luck...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 AM

My dealership is Mercedes of Orlando (owned by Auto Nation). I just spoke with the individual who sold me the car and said that a service advisor would be in touch with me shortly. No less than 5 minutes later I got the call and the car is going in at 3pm and "Time will Tell".

I will keep everyone posted on the issue and hopefully it's just a sensor or something minor.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 PM

The service advisor called me from my dealership and stated to me that the dealership head tech called MB Germany regarding my issue. After speaking to MB Germany they have determined that the car need's a new engine ECU?? So I am awaiting for them to call me tomorrow and anticipating to pick it up. Is it common that the dealership would need to call MB Germany regarding something like this?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Question possible problem!

Thanks John~
jcramair1: Have them look into a possible fuel pump electrical problem. When I rceived my E55 it had a loose electrical connection to the fuel pump. It took the dealer two days to track down the problem. Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Just call the Factory

The service advisor called me from my dealership and stated to me that the dealership head tech called MB Germany regarding my issue. After speaking to MB Germany they have determined that the car need's a new engine ECU?? So I am awaiting for them to call me tomorrow and anticipating to pick it up. Is it common that the dealership would need to call MB Germany regarding something like this?
Yes an no, My first reaction would be, WHAT you need help from Germany? Oh no I got the wrong guys working on my NEW car. Can't they just scan the codes and replace the offending part?
Well here is the story my father has a VW Phaeton and it is a nice car he had been having shift issues and been to dealer numerous times before he told me. I looked on line and found 40 pages of complaints concerning rough shifts and what had caused them. It seems VW and Audi had a run of bad coolers that would leak coolant into the transmission and totally destroy it. I printed out the complaints and sent dad back to the dealer to get a new transmission, guess what they did, called Germany. The factory said try this and sent overnight a controller ($4,000.00) to install under warranty, they did and worked perfect.

So if true it is a good thing, I am sure your car will be OK.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 PM

Okay everyone got the car back this past Tuesday. The problem was the ECU for the engine needed to be replaced and a bracket that holds some of the tubing to the motor cracked. The rep said to me that was the reason why the car was not starting and not wanting to go over 4k-rpms. However the master tech could not figure out the issue and had to have a Master mechanic from another dealership come down and work on the car.

The car was just fine up until 20 minutes ago, I just left the Porsche dealership which is about a 1 mile up the street and was siging off on the paperwork for my 997S. I leave Porsche with the 63...and what happens?? The same exact $@#%!!! So I just so happen to be up the street from the MB dealer, ask to speak with the GM and he assures me it will be looked at right now. So as I write this I am the service area waiting for the tech to look at it again. I am very very frustrated to say the least. the car has 765 miles on it.

My luck just after spending 3 hours this morning detailing the car to no end ...If I get stuck with another C-class loaner for 7 days...I will be one upset AMG owner.

I almost feel like asking for another 63 for the weekend, or just a new one in general. Maybe I am overreacting and forgive me if I am...I have owned several high-line sports cars, sedans etc...never had any issues like this so fast...

I also want to thank everyone for the great feedback. Thanks...support is needed
Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
lemon it.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You aren't overreacting, but stay patient. Driving another C class for a week is a good thing. Trust me and stay calm.