Sponsored by:

Hardwiring Valentine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Hardwiring Valentine

I read some of the past threads and posts about the K40, "Stealth" system my MB dealer wants to install on my new E63. I have a Valentine and have been using one for 10+ years. Saved my *** many times.

The consensus seems to be (I say seems, because anecdotal data is hard to categorize exactly) that the K40 system is neat, but no more effective than the Valentine and the jammer is not definitely effective. If you have any contradictory information or an opinion in support of the Stealth, please share it.

If the Valentine is better, then I can save myself $1,800 dollars. But, I hate the suction cup, cord across the dash look. Is there an accepted (favored) way to hard-wire the Valentine to make it less conspicuous and neater looking inside the car?

I live in Georgia, so I don't have to hide it although most people think the police target people whose detectors are visible on the dash. Never been a problem, but when you have a $95,000 car you would like the detector to be a minimal distraction.

They also have a Kleeman ECU that they want to install for about $1,800. I don't want headers but I was wondering what level of satisfaction people are experiencing with the Kleeman and if the effect on the car, its drivability, etc. is good.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by Cosmic Benz; 03-10-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 PM

03 E55
try a search, there are some great threads on this board about hardwiring a V1, even some with pics. I did mine in about 20 minutes.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=hardwire

This is from XRAYMD and it works perfectly. I did mine in about 30 minutes and the only deviation from his method was that I ran my cord down the outside of the pillar not to mess with the dash in any way. That bit of advice is also on this thread. On the other tip- I am a HUGE fan of my V1 as I have several buddies with the $2k systems and it seems like they are constantly in court to fight tickets! go figure!!
Goodluck
Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Whatever you do..DO NOT GET THE K40...It is INFERIOR to the V1 other than the brand name and price tag....I own the K40 radar detector and K40 Laser diffuser...The K40 was dealer installed on the E55 when I purchased the car....I also own a Valentine one radar detector and a Blinder M20 laser jammer as well...

I have done a series of tests with my newcon optik laser speed device...
The blinder laser jammer picks up and jams right away when i hit the trigger on the lidar...the K40 POS picks up so much later than the Blinder...does not jam ****

When encountering speed traps everysingle time....the V1 picks up much sooner than the K40...every single time..

bottome line...K40 sucks...Valentine one rocks ..Blinder rocks...

hope this helps
Old 03-11-2007, 02:49 PM

E63
Thanks everybody for the information. I just saved @ $2,000 and probably a couple of tickets.